• TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

New Horizons F.A.Q. – Ask Questions Here!

So I planted 30-ish fruit trees yesterday in an open area and properly spaced them out (1 space away, no diagonal trees, etc). Atm 10 of them are still saplings while all the other ones grew. Did I plant too many trees together?

Pretty sure each acre has a limit on how many trees may grow in it.

Can villagers move out randomly?
No. Villagers will only move if you let them go when they request to leave. Villagers will have a thinking cloud over their heads which may indicate they are considering moving.
Today was supposed to be Diana’s first day here, my plot of land sold yesterday with her name on it. I go to her house and it says she moved out? How is this possible ? I never got to speak with her, today was supposed to be the day she’s unpacking. I don’t time travel and I got her in game randomly.

Today was supposed to be Diana’s first day here, my plot of land sold yesterday with her name on it. I go to her house and it says she moved out? How is this possible ? I never got to speak with her, today was supposed to be the day she’s unpacking. I don’t time travel and I got her in game randomly.

Do you visit other people's islands? There's a glitch with some villagers causing this issue. She may have been a random move-in from one of the islands you've visited.

Hi everyone! A villager asked me to leave my island, I said yes but he didn't tell me the date??!
How long do I have to wait?

A random villager moved into my 10th plot. I now have had a villager move out, and I have 9 villagers and an empty plot. Will I get a random 10th villager again tomorrow if I don't invite someone in?

Hi! Does anyone have an idea of how rare the large star fragments are? According to the Nook miles achievement I have wished on more than 120 stars in total, and I've checked the beaches carefully every time, but I still have not gotten a single large star fragment. I have gotten quite a few Aries fragments however. Is this normal? How many more stars should I expect to have to wish on?

A random villager moved into my 10th plot. I now have had a villager move out, and I have 9 villagers and an empty plot. Will I get a random 10th villager again tomorrow if I don't invite someone in?

Hey Susan!

I believe so...Merengue moved out and her empty plot was there yesterday. I was looking for someone to fill her spot but couldn't grab anyone. Today, it says it's sold and Megan will be moving in tomorrow. :(

Hey Susan!

I believe so...Merengue moved out and her empty plot was there yesterday. I was looking for someone to fill her spot but couldn't grab anyone. Today, it says it's sold and Megan will be moving in tomorrow. :(
Hi! Thanks! Well how on earth do you adopt a dreamie without having to TT someone out? I sense a Nook miles scheme....

Hi! Thanks! Well how on earth do you adopt a dreamie without having to TT someone out? I sense a Nook miles scheme....

Maybe just have to get lucky...I spent 25 NMT yesterday looking for someone cute and wasn't satisfied haha.

I've heard that you can still get visitors from the campsite and they'll suggest asking someone else to move out? But I'm not 100% on that and I think it's still been glitchy when someone forces another person out. My friend had someone visit his campsite when he was already at 10 islanders. The camper suggested kicking out Aurora twice but he wanted to keep her so just didn't take the camper.

If an Amiibo villager moves out, do I have to do another 3 days of campground errands to get them back, or do the original 3 still count? Also, can they come back immediately, or do I need to cycle? And do they forget their interactions/nicknames for me?

Also, do villagers ever ignore your wishes and say “I will move anyways” when you tell them to stay, like in New Leaf? I lost Dreamies that way...

Hello. Amelia was in boxes today, I sold her and when trying to enter her house it says she's moved out. Can I ask a villager to move into my island TODAY or do I have to wait for tomorrow so Amelia's plot is reset and empty?

I have a question...first I thought my amiibo touch point to invite villagers was not working because I wanted fang and I tried to scan him and it told me know a lot of times and then I tried to scan Freya just to see and a couple other cards and they instantly popped up and then I had a spare fang from all the cards I collected from New Leaf so I wanted to make sure there wasn't something wrong with the card but those times fang could not come up if anybody would please let me know is fang not in this game I know it says that all the new Leaf characters are butt none of his cards will come out does anybody have fangs in thier town via amibo or other?
Post automatically merged:

I tried to scan fang into the amiibo system using two different than cards because I have left over from when I was collecting for New Leaf and both times he wouldn't come up another cards for just fine does anybody know if fang is not in this game? I've seen people say that every new Leaf villager is but just somebody have fang through amiibo because he will not scan to camp and I did use more than one card every other card was fine not fang...:(
Post automatically merged:

I tried to scan fang into the amiibo system using two different than cards because I have left over from when I was collecting for New Leaf and both times he wouldn't come up another cards for just fine does anybody know if fang is not in this game? I've seen people say that every new Leaf villager is but just somebody have fang through amiibo because he will not scan to camp and I did use more than one card every other card was fine not fang...:(

is there a more efficient way to buy diff colors from the ables sisters? kinda tedious to go back in everytime..

Question regarding trades...

How many hybrids would you consider a 'fair trade' for a single NMT? Would like some opinions.
It depends on the hybrid imo. If it's something like a golden rose, 1 or 2 would suffice. Colors like blue, pink, black etc. I think would be priced more at 4-5 for an NMT.

Back