New Horizons F.A.Q. – Ask Questions Here!

Redeem it on your PC app and it'll give you a download code for the eShop and your ACNH game will download an update. You buy the PC items at the ABD.
ahhh thank you so much!!

do all lazy villagers talk about having bugs in their house? Because Egbert has told me 3 times now how he has bugs in his house lmao... he has like a dirt flooring so idk if that's it or if it's just a lazy thing. it's really funny to me so I just wanna know if anyone else has seen this

Can you make a waterfall on a curved cliff? Or does it have to be more of a flattened cliff? Also is there any other way to climb cliffs other than a ladder?

do all lazy villagers talk about having bugs in their house? Because Egbert has told me 3 times now how he has bugs in his house lmao... he has like a dirt flooring so idk if that's it or if it's just a lazy thing. it's really funny to me so I just wanna know if anyone else has seen this

Wade tells me about the bugs in his floor, too, so it might just be a lazy villager thing.

If you time travel past April 10th when the cherry blossoms end, can you time travel BACK and still get the recipes or will they go away once the 10th passes? I hate the stupid eggs and want them gone so I can just get the balloons with cherry blossom recipes but I’m worried they won’t come back.

Can you make a waterfall on a curved cliff? Or does it have to be more of a flattened cliff? Also is there any other way to climb cliffs other than a ladder?
As far as I know it has to be vertical or horizontal, I haven't seen curved waterfalls but if I'm mistaken feel free to correct me on this.

You can build stairs(inclines) but other than that, no

Can you kick people out with amiibo cards? If so can you choose who you want to leave? (Tested this myself and you can kick whoever you want out Yay!”)

and is the 10th slot like New Leaf where you’ll never get one unless they’re either brought in from another town or campsite?

Last edited:
If you time travel past April 10th when the cherry blossoms end, can you time travel BACK and still get the recipes or will they go away once the 10th passes? I hate the stupid eggs and want them gone so I can just get the balloons with cherry blossom recipes but I’m worried they won’t come back.
You're good; I've TT'd into May and I still got cherry blossom recipes when I changed it back to the current date.

I can't really find an answer to this so I'm just going to ask. what is the best way to get someone to move before you hit 10 villagers? From some guides I found it seems that ignoring them is the best way, but for how long? and what counts as ignoring? Do I have to run away if they approach me? can I let them approach me if I just don't engage? can I visit their house if I don't talk to them? can you do the ignoring to multiple villagers at the same time, or do you have to pick 1 to be sure? is it possible to push the first 2 villagers you had to move out?

Also, what really happens when they leave. will their house become a vacant plot where a new villager will move in asap? or will the house just remain until you find a new villager to occupy it? or will the house simply be removed leaving an open space?

Regarding

"Can villagers move out randomly?
No. Villagers will only move if you let them go when they request to leave. Villagers will have a thinking cloud over their heads which may indicate they are considering moving."

Even if i missed their request to leave and lets say I went on a vacation for a while and dont play the game for a while, the villager will still be there when I return since I didnt talk to them and didnt let go?

Apologies for the confusion and thank you to whoever will take the time to answer.

Wade tells me about the bugs in his floor, too, so it might just be a lazy villager thing.
Yeah I have two lazies in my town and when I invited the one to move in, and then again when he was moving in, he mentioned the bugs in his house. He said something about them being really excited to be there lol. They're very strange in this game.
Post automatically merged:

Will Amiibo Festival Amiibo cards work with ACNH?
Yes! I've used a couple already. Be aware that if you want to move in whoever the camper is it'll take a couple days of having to reinvite them to the campsite; but they're a good source of crafting recipes even if you don't want them to move in.

I'm trying to get a camper to move in. He says yes, but then I don't get to choose who leaves. He always suggests Wade. I've talked to Wade and he seems fine. Help!!

if i have free spots and build a housing plot, but dont invite a villager myself before 5am, will it be sold to a random? or stay empty until the next day?

Question regarding trades...

How many hybrids would you consider a 'fair trade' for a single NMT? Would like some opinions.
Post automatically merged:

if i have free spots and build a housing plot, but dont invite a villager myself before 5am, will it be sold to a random? or stay empty until the next day?

It has a chance to be sold to a random villager, I've had an empty plot for two days straight before Freya moved in.

So I planted 30-ish fruit trees yesterday in an open area and properly spaced them out (1 space away, no diagonal trees, etc). Atm 10 of them are still saplings while all the other ones grew. Did I plant too many trees together?

Back