• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

New Horizons F.A.Q. – Ask Questions Here!

There should still be a week left before any of the items show up, so you should be able to get the upgrade before then, hopefully. The Bunny Day items should start appearing March 28th, and the prom items will start April 1st, if I'm not mistaken.
Yeah, and as far as I know the upgrade appears after at least 30 days of game?

Yeah, and as far as I know the upgrade appears after at least 30 days of game?
Ah, I forgot about that, yeah. It's 30 days after the shop is built, as well as having 200k in transactions (both buying and selling items).

When you move in a villager via Amiibo, I know that you have to use the same card three times in order to move them in, but does it have to be one day right after the other or can you space out the days instead?

When you move in a villager via Amiibo, I know that you have to use the same card three times in order to move them in, but does it have to be one day right after the other or can you space out the days instead?

you can space them out! you don’t have to invite them 3 days in a row. :)

Is the Amiibo invite glitch still a thing? If so how do I make sure it doesn't happen? Just don't time travel to the next day right?

Can contrails show up randomly?

I'm playing today on my 2nd island collecting March fish/bugs and I notice a contrail in the sky.

I haven't visited anyone and no one has visited me. I haven't been to Harv's Island, and I haven't been to a NMT island.

This is a first for me.

Kind of random, but is there a site or video that has the different town tune jingles for different villager species (the song that plays when you first talk to them)?

double checking after my rant thread post lol.. it's possible for stringfish to spawn here right? you can't quite see in the pic (excuse the fact the only one I had handy is from the tbt fair) but it's on a third level cliff and to the right it flows down into a river
EgcZZf3UYAAeZKz

My recent post got me thinking - does anyone know how many voided villagers (from other towns) can line themselves up on your game?

I've had 3 voided villagers move in so far, but I don't have internet access anymore, so no new ones would have been added since.

double checking after my rant thread post lol.. it's possible for stringfish to spawn here right? you can't quite see in the pic (excuse the fact the only one I had handy is from the tbt fair) but it's on a third level cliff and to the right it flows down into a river
EgcZZf3UYAAeZKz
Should be possible. If fish spawn there at all, then it should be fine. I think they haven't changed the fact that any water connected to a waterfall counts as a river, but if there's a current (throw your line in and see if the bobber moves), then it counts as a river. If you want to be sure, catch a fish and make sure it's a river fish and not a pond fish.

My recent post got me thinking - does anyone know how many voided villagers (from other towns) can line themselves up on your game?

I've had 3 voided villagers move in so far, but I don't have internet access anymore, so no new ones would have been added since.
According to a post here, up to four villagers can be in your queue.

EgcZZf3UYAAeZKz

The string fish can be caught on any cliff. Whether it's 2nd or 3rd. If you're unsure whether or not that is a pond or river, you can catch a fish there and see if you get a river fish or pond fish. That would determine what body of water it is.

Hello, I'm new here.
I am working on getting my rocks to respawn where I want them. I covered all my island space with a ground design. This morning there were 5 open spaces so in theory 1 rock, 4 fossils should have shown up. The rock respawned, 3 fossils and a weed popped up. No light either. I thought maybe I missed a couple of spots on the island. But I can't seem to locate them. Is there a specific # of open spaces you need on the ground to get the rock, all the fossils & the light to show up every time? Thanks!

Hello, I'm new here.
I am working on getting my rocks to respawn where I want them. I covered all my island space with a ground design. This morning there were 5 open spaces so in theory 1 rock, 4 fossils should have shown up. The rock respawned, 3 fossils and a weed popped up. No light either. I thought maybe I missed a couple of spots on the island. But I can't seem to locate them. Is there a specific # of open spaces you need on the ground to get the rock, all the fossils & the light to show up every time? Thanks!
Honestly, I'm not sure anyone has done experimenting to find out an exact number of open spaces you'd need for this setup. As for the fossils, I'd add another open space and see if that solves it - I know the weeds are a problem, and can even stop rocks from respawning, but I'm not sure how they affect the fossils. The glowing spot may be the same, but its spawn requirements seem to unclear in general, especially since they changed in the August update, and may been have changed back again. If you want, add an extra space for that, as well, and see if it works out, but it'd probably be best to just do without until you've got your rock garden set up, just so you don't run the risk of messing it up and end up having to wait an extra day.

Is it still possible to spawn a gold rock island mystery tour even though scorpions aren't in season yet?

Back