• Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

New Horizons F.A.Q. – Ask Questions Here!

not very often, unfortunately. i personally usually get 3-4 campers per month but it’s not super frequent c’:

Oh, wow! If I had an amiibo card right now, would that still not work on the first camper?

Oh, wow! If I had an amiibo card right now, would that still not work on the first camper?

it wouldn’t, unfortunately. the first camper is the only villager that you have to invite since it’s part of the story’s progression aha

it wouldn’t, unfortunately. the first camper is the only villager that you have to invite since it’s part of the story’s progression aha

I guess I'm stuck with Yuck. Oh, well... may as well get it over with then. Thanks for your help!

Before resetting my Island I was able to copy/paste my patterns (only the ones I created). I can't do it with my new Island, did I dream or was this a glitch or something ? Does anyone was/is able to copy/paste the patterns as well ? Thanks !

Before resetting my Island I was able to copy/paste my patterns (only the ones I created). I can't do it with my new Island, did I dream or was this a glitch or something ? Does anyone was/is able to copy/paste the patterns as well ? Thanks !

I can indeed still copy my patterns to other slots! If it helps, you do it by going into your custom design app and pressing Y. :)

I can indeed still copy my patterns to other slots! If it helps, you do it by going into your custom design app and pressing Y. :)
Thank you !! I am soooo stupid I was pressing A o_O I totally forgot I had to press Y, thanks !

Idk where to put this; this is more of a technical issue. Has anyone’s switch lite froze while playing ACNH and then not able to restart or hit any of the buttons aside from the volume? when i plugged in the charge it would show the percentage but i could not shut it off or restart. this is the first time this happened and i got this switch lite at the end of may

Idk where to put this; this is more of a technical issue. Has anyone’s switch lite froze while playing ACNH and then not able to restart or hit any of the buttons aside from the volume? when i plugged in the charge it would show the percentage but i could not shut it off or restart. this is the first time this happened and i got this switch lite at the end of may
definitely a technical issue, i'd probably send it into the nintendo store or gamestop, some internal hard drive thing must be fried or something for that to happen. i'm not extremely tech savvy but ay i know when something's up w/ computers and such lol
hope you can get it fixed ^^

I haven't experienced this myself with the Switch Lite, but I can recommend giving the first workaround on this page a try:

definitely a technical issue, i'd probably send it into the nintendo store or gamestop, some internal hard drive thing must be fried or something for that to happen. i'm not extremely tech savvy but ay i know when something's up w/ computers and such lol
hope you can get it fixed ^^

I haven't experienced this myself with the Switch Lite, but I can recommend giving the first workaround on this page a try:

Tysm both of you. I am freaking out since i didn’t buy a warranty and only had this since after my bday. It restarted, but I am still worried. Does Gamestop let you bring in consoles to let them look at it (especially now with pandemic) and does it cost?

Tysm both of you. I am freaking out since i didn’t buy a warranty and only had this since after my bday. It restarted, but I am still worried. Does Gamestop let you bring in consoles to let them look at it (especially now with pandemic) and does it cost?
i think? I mean I'm not sure but they should...
lemme look it up
yeahhh, i think they do. maybe not in your area but y'know it's worth a shot. : P
honestly your switch might just need a new internal hard drive thing or whatever it's called because those things can get fried up inside of consoles, computers etc. happened to one of our computers and it turned that thing into trash lol. but yours should be fixable tbh so i wouldn't worry too much. who knows, maybe it's fine and will never happen again

i think? I mean I'm not sure but they should...
lemme look it up
yeahhh, i think they do. maybe not in your area but y'know it's worth a shot. : P
honestly your switch might just need a new internal hard drive thing or whatever it's called because those things can get fried up inside of consoles, computers etc. happened to one of our computers and it turned that thing into trash lol. but yours should be fixable tbh so i wouldn't worry too much. who knows, maybe it's fine and will never happen again

Thanks so much. I just emailed them so hopefully they will be able to look at it and it won’t cost too much.

Quick question about spawning rocks in certain places.

Is there a required amount of space between the rock and the river or the rock and cliffs? Or is any free 3x3 space with nothing obscuring the view fair game?
Maybe a picture would help understand what I mean. Would these spots work? They're 3 spaces away from the nearest river and cliff.
rock garden.jpg

Quick question about spawning rocks in certain places.

Is there a required amount of space between the rock and the river or the rock and cliffs? Or is any free 3x3 space with nothing obscuring the view fair game?
Maybe a picture would help understand what I mean. Would these spots work? They're 3 spaces away from the nearest river and cliff.
View attachment 328948
it wouldn't work directly next to a tree, so those 2 right next to the hardwood trees (the pear one and the normal one) would never spawn until you remove the trees.
all the other ones should work, tho
gl ! <3

it wouldn't work directly next to a tree, so those 2 right next to the hardwood trees (the pear one and the normal one) would never spawn until you remove the trees.
all the other ones should work, tho
gl ! <3

Got it! They’re now removed. Thank you very much!

Is there a way to remove clothing a villager wears that was gifted from another villager? My villagers keep gifting Hans dresses 😭

Is there a way to remove clothing a villager wears that was gifted from another villager? My villagers keep gifting Hans dresses 😭

you can complain to Isabelle to temporarily remove it but they’ll wear it again eventually ): I think the only way is to bombard them with more clothes until the one you don’t like gets bumped out of their wardrobe. Not sure how many you’d need but there’s a guide to villager’s houses & wardrobes somewhere here

Back