• Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

New Horizons F.A.Q. – Ask Questions Here!

You can read up on which personality gives which emote right here. There are 40 emotes + the two new Halloween ones. Honestly the best way to approach getting them really is to just wait for them naturally, walk around and talk to every one of your villagers every day, and look and wait if somebody pings you. Unless you're time travelling, there's not really any way to farm these, especially since it seems that you only get one emote ping per day, so only one emote can be taught to you per day.
The two Halloween ones will be unlocked on the actual day of Halloween. The link above also explains how to obtain those.

there are actually 44 reactions + the two new ones you can get on Halloween. The nook miles achievement is for 42, I don’t know why, but you should fill the entire reactions page with the base reactions, then the two new Halloween ones supposedly will appear on a second page.

there are actually 44 reactions + the two new ones you can get on Halloween. The nook miles achievement is for 42, I don’t know why, but you should fill the entire reactions page with the base reactions, then the two new Halloween ones supposedly will appear on a second page.
Ah I see, I wasn't exactly sure if it was 40 or more without the new ones. Thanks for correcting me.
I haven't gotten all of them either so I can't speak on the 2nd page, but I saw screenshots of it, so it's not like you have to use the mobile app to access any emotes past the 42 initial ones, which is good at least.

Hi,
I am thinking of saving up to get Raymond. Can anyone tell me when he's been traded (I feel bad saying this) on this forum, what is the usual cost in NMT or TBT or Bells? I'm just curious. I noticed on Nookazon, people are asking 450 NMT and higher. I just want to get an idea how much more saving I should do before I start trying to offer, because I'd rather just pay for him than waste my NMT trying to find him on a mystery island. Thanks in advance for any advice.

Hi,
I am thinking of saving up to get Raymond. Can anyone tell me when he's been traded (I feel bad saying this) on this forum, what is the usual cost in NMT or TBT or Bells? I'm just curious. I noticed on Nookazon, people are asking 450 NMT and higher. I just want to get an idea how much more saving I should do before I start trying to offer, because I'd rather just pay for him than waste my NMT trying to find him on a mystery island. Thanks in advance for any advice.

I recently gave him away for free, but I found this thread from earlier this week where someone was auctioning him

If you search “Raymond boxes” on here you can find more threads where someone was selling him.

Hopefully some time traveller's can answer my question. With regards to the Halloween event, do villagers automatically dress up in costumes without the need to be gifted them? Based on this excert from the wiki I'm led to believe that's the way it works

"During the Halloween event, Villagers can be seen in different combinations of the Able Sister costumes on Halloween"

Can anyone confirm that I don't need to gift them dress up costumes?

Hopefully some time traveller's can answer my question. With regards to the Halloween event, do villagers automatically dress up in costumes without the need to be gifted them? Based on this excert from the wiki I'm led to believe that's the way it works

"During the Halloween event, Villagers can be seen in different combinations of the Able Sister costumes on Halloween"

Can anyone confirm that I don't need to gift them dress up costumes?

I'm pretty sure we don't have to gift them something - they'll automatically be in costume. For bunny day they also dressed up in tacky egg shells on their own :') But just to be sure I'd like to know the answer to this question too! Also does anyone know if halloween costumes we do gift them overwrites what they might wear on halloween night? I gifted Scoot a full wizard costume and it would be cute to see him keep that costume during halloween 🥺

So, Colton had a fight with another villager and to make up they sent him a gift which I delivered to be nice. It turned out to be a purple bath towel wrap. Unfortunately he seems to love purple and loves the towel wrap and won't stop wearing it. He's going around watering flowers in it or just walking around with his purse while wearing it. How can I get him to stop this behavior? :) If I gift him a bunch of more appropriate clothing, will he stop wearing it?

@plantlover
Yeah, they are here all three months of fall; just be aware though in November you have to contend with maple leaves and mushrooms recipes plus whatever the special NPC turkey will bring. Bring on the chaos for northern hemisphere people, lol. They are all balloons and bottled diy.
Ooof... I haven't seen any Fall DIYs after October started. Not in balloons, not nowhere. :D Aaaahhhhhjhdslsadjlksajd. I hope I can get some next month. Also, can't wait for mushroom stuff. o_o
I checked what I'm missing and looks like I got all after all. 😅 Phew!!

Last edited:
So, Colton had a fight with another villager and to make up they sent him a gift which I delivered to be nice. It turned out to be a purple bath towel wrap. Unfortunately he seems to love purple and loves the towel wrap and won't stop wearing it. He's going around watering flowers in it or just walking around with his purse while wearing it. How can I get him to stop this behavior? :) If I gift him a bunch of more appropriate clothing, will he stop wearing it?

That's the danger of gift deliveries! :p It should be possible to make him wear it less by gifting other clothing items. I personally had this issue with Roald who wore a toga he got on his previous island, I gave him some nice shirts and I haven't seen him in it since.

I recommend using Harv's studio to check which clothes do look good on him. To see what he will like, this site is pretty useful if you set it to show multiple suggestions.

There is the possibility that he will start putting clothes inside his house, though.

have they fixed the amiibo move out yet? can i move someone out via amiibo and have my friend pick them up without a glitch?

Is it possible to "hack" flowers in this game like it was a New Leaf? I just want to know if I should be a little careful when it comes to collecting hybrids that aren't my own.
Post automatically merged:

I'm also wondering if the same hacks available in New Leaf are still doable in this game for mostly the same reason as the flower thing.

Because, I also don't want to accidentally sell off hacked items w/o my foresense

Last edited:
have they fixed the amiibo move out yet? can i move someone out via amiibo and have my friend pick them up without a glitch?

The amiibo moveout glitch was fixed long ago! You should be safe. I think I've seen people report that there's a small chance for villagers to get stuck moving out if you have someone in boxes and then force a second one to move using amiibo, but that can be fixed by having someone invite the stuck villager.

Is it possible to "hack" flowers in this game like it was a New Leaf? I just want to know if I should be a little careful when it comes to collecting hybrids that aren't my own.
Post automatically merged:

I'm also wondering if the same hacks available in New Leaf are still doable in this game for mostly the same reason as the flower thing.

Because, I also don't want to accidentally sell off hacked items w/o my foresense

Unfortunately hacked items do indeed exist in this game like they did in New Leaf. On the bright side, hacking is a lot harder and riskier on the switch than it ever was on the DS. Nintendo also seems to actively take actions against these items and the people creating them, so these items aren't common and you probably will never get them unless you actively seek them out.

Duplicated items, which are glitched instead of hacked, seem to be more common. Usually those trades are rather obvious, for example, I've been offered 30 gold nuggets for helping someone with their catalog even though I only had two common items to trade. (It's still rare on here: both hacked and glitched/duplicated items are against the forum rules.)

As for flowers, I don't think I've ever seen people hack those in. In this game, once you have a hybrid it is incredibly easy to grow more of them anyway. :)

I’m starting to not like the fossil doorplate I gave Spike, is there a way to make him get rid of it (besides giving him another door decoration?)

I’m starting to not like the fossil doorplate I gave Spike, is there a way to make him get rid of it (besides giving him another door decoration?)
I don't think so.

Your best bet is to gift him a seasonal door decoration, and when that season ends, the door decoration will vanish.

I'm going to be doing that in november when mushrooms start spawning, so I can gift mushroom wreaths to villagers with door decorations I want to get rid of.

Then when november is over, the mushrooms wreaths will also vanish. :)

I don't think so.

Your best bet is to gift him a seasonal door decoration, and when that season ends, the door decoration will vanish.

I'm going to be doing that in november when mushrooms start spawning, so I can gift mushroom wreaths to villagers with door decorations I want to get rid of.

Then when november is over, the mushrooms wreaths will also vanish. :)

Ah that’s a good idea, thanks!! 😎

Can you farm/manipulate the campsite for a certain villager to appear there, and if so How?
Yep. I did it recently for Raymond.

I got rid of my only smug villager via an amiibo of a villager I was prepared to lose, then used all the smug villager amiibo cards I had, to summon them to the campsite, leaving around fifteen smugs left that could show up at my campsite.

I then TT'd seven days, then one day at a time until Isabelle announced a campsite visitor.
Talked to them, then repeated those steps until I got who I wanted. :)

The RNG rolls for personality first, then species (on a NM island it rolls for species first), so I had like a 60% chance for a smug visitor.

I got Raymond as the 49th visitor.

When you're after a specific villager, it's so much easier if you have amiibo cards to wipe out those villagers of a certain personality you don't want, and also make sure you have none of the personality you want on your island, as it does roll for personality first. :)

You must have ten villagers on your island for this to work.

Last edited:
Does anyone know why my purple hyacinths aren't multiplying? I've got three of them, they are together and get watered.

Even with time traveling they don't spread like all my other flowers! :unsure:

Back