• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Pokémon Need help competitively breeding and raising my team!

Midoriya

Go beyond! Plus ultra!
Bells
Switch
1119-7626-0996
Island
Sumeru
Purple Hybrid Rose
Purple Hybrid Rose
Purple Hybrid Rose
Purple Hybrid Rose
Purple Hybrid Rose
White Rose
White Rose
White Rose
White Rose
White Rose
Hi there. For the longest time now I've had a team of six Pok?mon (Lucario, Roserade, Milotic, Garchomp, Togekiss, and Spiritomb) on my Pok?mon Ultra Sun game that I used throughout the game and to become the champion. The problem is none of them are EV trained or are bred to be competitive. I'm hoping someone here can trade with me the team I have and then breed them to have good IVs and raise their EVs as well and their levels to 100 so they're competitive-ready. I'm willing to pay at least 100 TBT for this. It seems like a nice side project someone here who knows about competitively breeding and raising Pok?mon could do in their spare time. Here's what I'm looking for them to be like:

Lucario-Mega (M) @ Lucarionite
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Aura Sphere
- Psychic
- Dragon Pulse
- Flash Cannon

Roserade (F) @ Poisonium Z
Ability: Natural Cure
Timid Nature
- Sludge Bomb
- Synthesis
- Giga Drain
- Aromatherapy

Milotic (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Marvel Scale
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Dragon Pulse
- Recover

Garchomp (M) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw
- Brick Break
- Iron Head

Togekiss (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Super Luck
Timid Nature
- Aura Sphere
- Air Slash
- Dazzling Gleam
- Extrasensory

Spiritomb (M) @ Air Balloon
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Modest Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Shadow Ball
- Psychic
- Disable

Don't worry about the items or nicknames. I have the items listed here for them in my Ultra Sun game and I don't want them to have nicknames. Thanks for the help! :)

A lot of time to go into that project. Why not just use a Pokemon generating service?

Yeah... the thing is, I want this team to be as legit as possible in the 3DS game. I would do it myself, but I'm pretty busy lately and don't have time to figure out how to do it and then do it. I guess if no one responds that they can do it I'll do it myself eventually, but I just posted this thread in advance to see if someone can before then. :)

If the move sets are legal, and the Pok?mon are legal, and you aren't pinning badges on them or putting them in Pok?balls that they cannot be captured in, is there really anything illegitimate about it? Truth be told, you're saving yourself (or someone else) probably at least ten hours of work at a minimum for the full team. And if you aren't looking for shiny versions, then you really aren't doing anything besides saving yourself a lot of time.

If you are serious about the competitive scene (which I am fairly new to as well) and want help learning to breed your own Pok?mon, I am happy to help. I don't mind getting you started on your own, but I'm not on here enough to care about any amount of TBT reward and I definitely don't want to spend a billion hours hatching eggs. I didn't even look to see if any of the moves on your Pok?mon are egg moves or chain-breeding moves.

I would note that a few of your move sets seem...not ideal. There is a little too much overlap with a few moves (Psychic, Aura Sphere on multiple 'mons) and Hydro Pump on Milotic seems like a waste, relative to Scald which can get you burn damage. You also don't have any entry hazards on your team (Stealth Rock, Spikes, Poison Spikes) nor do I see any stat-increasing moves. You'll get swept pretty quickly in the competitive scene if you don't have the kinds of moves that raise speed, defense, special, etc.

I only have one battle team built. Like yours, it doesn't have any legendary/uber/mythicals. Would you want to battle tonight so you can see how some of these stat increasing moves can really help?

If the move sets are legal, and the Pok?mon are legal, and you aren't pinning badges on them or putting them in Pok?balls that they cannot be captured in, is there really anything illegitimate about it? Truth be told, you're saving yourself (or someone else) probably at least ten hours of work at a minimum for the full team. And if you aren't looking for shiny versions, then you really aren't doing anything besides saving yourself a lot of time.

If you are serious about the competitive scene (which I am fairly new to as well) and want help learning to breed your own Pok?mon, I am happy to help. I don't mind getting you started on your own, but I'm not on here enough to care about any amount of TBT reward and I definitely don't want to spend a billion hours hatching eggs. I didn't even look to see if any of the moves on your Pok?mon are egg moves or chain-breeding moves.

I would note that a few of your move sets seem...not ideal. There is a little too much overlap with a few moves (Psychic, Aura Sphere on multiple 'mons) and Hydro Pump on Milotic seems like a waste, relative to Scald which can get you burn damage. You also don't have any entry hazards on your team (Stealth Rock, Spikes, Poison Spikes) nor do I see any stat-increasing moves. You'll get swept pretty quickly in the competitive scene if you don't have the kinds of moves that raise speed, defense, special, etc.

I only have one battle team built. Like yours, it doesn't have any legendary/uber/mythicals. Would you want to battle tonight so you can see how some of these stat increasing moves can really help?

Yeah, I'm just not overly fond of doing it that way (with a generator). If it's really going to take awhile to breed and raise them, then I am able to do it, but it would be nice if someone could help.

As far as the moves go, I can change the movesets to include moves like that. I'll look around and do some research on what would be the ideal movesets for each of them, and then edit my first post. I'm not overly fond of using status moves, but they are necessary. I'm going to have a healthy balance of attacking and status moves though.

I really don't mind if it takes awhile for someone to offer to breed and raise them. This is just something I'm trying to accomplish for the sake of having the team and not necessarily to be in the competitive scene. I've talked to and had others on other forums and games in the past help me with doing this, so I would be surprised if there's no one here that wants to help.

Last edited:
I would suggest figuring out the moves you want before setting someone [or yourself] on this task. I have a few of these Pok?mon already bred with egg moves and chain breeding moves, but then it would come down to producing the eggs until it has the IVs you are looking for. I am happy to send you an egg for each of the Pok?mon with egg moves, the correct nature, and *at least* three or four IVs. That said, if you are missing max IVs, you can always use gold bottle caps and if you want to power level up to 100 quickly, just SOS battle Chansey. Then use the appropriate berries to remove all EVs and go battle zubat or grimer or whatever for the IVs you are looking for.

Let me know if you are interested in the eggs. That part I don’t mind helping with, at least for the ones I already have. The leveling to 100 and EV training feels a bit tedious, especially when you could just generate the Pok?mon and no one would know the difference.

As said above, EV training does give you a major edge. It allows whatever stat you choose to become super powered even though it has its limits. But that doesnt mean regular Pok?mon arent useful.

As long as youre not unlucky with all low IVs and a bad nature then your Pok?mon could still have potential. My good ol Darmanitan from my Black playthrough was able to take down an entire competitive team once not alone, but it was major help. It really depends on the skill of the player to make the competitive/non-competitive Pok?mon work.

Yeah, thanks for explaining that. I just know the six Pokemon that I have right now don’t really have good natures, and I’m not sure about their IVs but I don’t think they’re that good either. Now that I’m finished for a bit with school-related stuff I’ll finally have time to look up some movesets for the above Pokemon that are optimal competitively, and will update the OP asap. That way if someone wants to get me started or something we at least have an idea of what kind of moves and everything I’ll want for them.

Also, I agree wholeheartedly with that last bit. It really does depend on the player as to whether the team succeeds or not. :)

Back