• Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

Need a town name and possibly a town theme!

starcults

Bells
Winter Mittens
helloooo there!
so i know im a new player/person, but one of the reasons i made an account here was for help on my town, including my name!
i hope that with a few guides, you can help me find a town name that i can stick with!
○ something that has to do with astronomy, and that's very whimsical
○ maybe something that has double meaning - it seems simple but really, it has a deeper, more mysterious meaning to it. (if that makes sense?)
○ i like aesthetic things, so maybe that works
○ a name that is 'other wordly' - really makes someone think and has multiple possibilities.

if you have matching mayor names, feel free to include them too!
thank you! c:

How about Andromeda, or Aquarius, or Auriga, or Carina, or I dunno, Scorpius, Lyra, Virgo, the list is endless that is just a few suggestions for your town name for your mayor name why not stick with your own name, thats what I do for my mayor name :) Hope that helps, if you want more astrology related names you could google star names, that would be sure to give you plenty of ideas :)

You could also use the Original Arabic name of a star, thats pretty unique :p

Last edited:
How about Andromeda, or Aquarius, or Auriga, or Carina, or I dunno, Scorpius, Lyra, Virgo, the list is endless that is just a few suggestions for your town name for your mayor name why not stick with your own name, thats what I do for my mayor name :) Hope that helps, if you want more astrology related names you could google star names, that would be sure to give you plenty of ideas :)

You could also use the Original Arabic name of a star, thats pretty unique :p

hmmm, auriga and carina kinda call out to me - these are some nice suggestions! thank you! c:​

I'm doing a star themed town as well. It's called Polaris and my Mayor's name is Esther, which means star. I was going to make a few more characters once I had my layout ready with Aurora, Sirius (dog star), and Orion. Jupiter is also pretty for a name...

oh god- the memories c:
i love love LOVE the little prince! why?​

Well it's not related to astronomy necessarily but I always think of it when someone mentions anything mildly related to the world "out there" xD his home asteroid was B-612 and that would be a unique town name but it's not really whimsical ;w;

I also love it too :>

Well it's not related to astronomy necessarily but I always think of it when someone mentions anything mildly related to the world "out there" xD his home asteroid was B-612 and that would be a unique town name but it's not really whimsical ;w;

I also love it too :>

ooooh, i really like that idea! i might just use it! especially for my cycling town :>
thank you sweet star child​

Town Name: Starworth, Cosmica, Nebstar, Messier, NGC 224, Cosmics, Nebula, Milkyway, Messie31, Em31, M31, Galatica, Lovejoy, McNaught, Hale-Bopp, Hyakutak, Lexell, Exlipse, Koh, Koho, Kohoutek,

Mayor/characters:Apollo, Ursa, GALEX, Halley, Galilly, Galileo, Galilei, Hubble

Good for both: Celeste, Celestia, Cosmilla, Appolia, Konstan, Konstia, Konstila,, Stardust, Milkie, Nebuliea, Tempel, Borrelly, Konstin

I knew of most of these and did some research for others

List of modern constellations here (seriously some good names)

My faves:
Town: Starworth, Messie31, Stardust, Cosmilla
Character: GALEX, Galilly, Celestia, Konstan

If you wanna go for a cute, pastel space themed town (omg I want to) I'd choose these: Cosmilla and Galilly or Celestia for a girl or Konstin for a boy
If you wanna go for the kind of mysterious theme you spoke about I'd choose these: NGC 224 for the town name and GALEX for a boy and GALEXIA or Galilly for the girl.
you could go for a spooky, deserted town theme. M31 for the town, McNaught or Lovejoy for the character

I hope this helps in some way :D

Town Name: Starworth, Cosmica, Nebstar, Messier, NGC 224, Cosmics, Nebula, Milkyway, Messie31, Em31, M31, Galatica, Lovejoy, McNaught, Hale-Bopp, Hyakutak, Lexell, Exlipse, Koh, Koho, Kohoutek,

Mayor/characters:Apollo, Ursa, GALEX, Halley, Galilly, Galileo, Galilei, Hubble

Good for both: Celeste, Celestia, Cosmilla, Appolia, Konstan, Konstia, Konstila,, Stardust, Milkie, Nebuliea, Tempel, Borrelly, Konstin

I knew of most of these and did some research for others

List of modern constellations here (seriously some good names)

My faves:
Town: Starworth, Messie31, Stardust, Cosmilla
Character: GALEX, Galilly, Celestia, Konstan

If you wanna go for a cute, pastel space themed town (omg I want to) I'd choose these: Cosmilla and Galilly or Celestia for a girl or Konstin for a boy
If you wanna go for the kind of mysterious theme you spoke about I'd choose these: NGC 224 for the town name and GALEX for a boy and GALEXIA or Galilly for the girl.
you could go for a spooky, deserted town theme. M31 for the town, McNaught or Lovejoy for the character

I hope this helps in some way :D

omfg thank you so so much!
it helps TOO much, in fact, haha!
<3​

I don't really have anything to input... I think the other people who commented have already given great suggestions! :O However I would say to keep in mind that a town name can only be 8 characters and I really hope they fix that in the next game D: I wanted to call my own outerspace-themed town Star Meadow, but StarLake works just as well!

I don't really have anything to input... I think the other people who commented have already given great suggestions! :O However I would say to keep in mind that a town name can only be 8 characters and I really hope they fix that in the next game D: I wanted to call my own outerspace-themed town Star Meadow, but StarLake works just as well!

you're right, everyone else HAS given awesome suggestions! i hope they fix that in the next game too, maybe 12 letters, or something around that :)
maybe no limit at all!

Adhara is one of the brightest stars in the sky and I think it just has a nice ring to it... hence why it's my username :p

Back