• It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Need a town name and possibly a town theme!

starcults

Bells
Winter Mittens
helloooo there!
so i know im a new player/person, but one of the reasons i made an account here was for help on my town, including my name!
i hope that with a few guides, you can help me find a town name that i can stick with!
○ something that has to do with astronomy, and that's very whimsical
○ maybe something that has double meaning - it seems simple but really, it has a deeper, more mysterious meaning to it. (if that makes sense?)
○ i like aesthetic things, so maybe that works
○ a name that is 'other wordly' - really makes someone think and has multiple possibilities.

if you have matching mayor names, feel free to include them too!
thank you! c:

How about Andromeda, or Aquarius, or Auriga, or Carina, or I dunno, Scorpius, Lyra, Virgo, the list is endless that is just a few suggestions for your town name for your mayor name why not stick with your own name, thats what I do for my mayor name :) Hope that helps, if you want more astrology related names you could google star names, that would be sure to give you plenty of ideas :)

You could also use the Original Arabic name of a star, thats pretty unique :p

Last edited:
How about Andromeda, or Aquarius, or Auriga, or Carina, or I dunno, Scorpius, Lyra, Virgo, the list is endless that is just a few suggestions for your town name for your mayor name why not stick with your own name, thats what I do for my mayor name :) Hope that helps, if you want more astrology related names you could google star names, that would be sure to give you plenty of ideas :)

You could also use the Original Arabic name of a star, thats pretty unique :p

hmmm, auriga and carina kinda call out to me - these are some nice suggestions! thank you! c:​

I'm doing a star themed town as well. It's called Polaris and my Mayor's name is Esther, which means star. I was going to make a few more characters once I had my layout ready with Aurora, Sirius (dog star), and Orion. Jupiter is also pretty for a name...

oh god- the memories c:
i love love LOVE the little prince! why?​

Well it's not related to astronomy necessarily but I always think of it when someone mentions anything mildly related to the world "out there" xD his home asteroid was B-612 and that would be a unique town name but it's not really whimsical ;w;

I also love it too :>

Well it's not related to astronomy necessarily but I always think of it when someone mentions anything mildly related to the world "out there" xD his home asteroid was B-612 and that would be a unique town name but it's not really whimsical ;w;

I also love it too :>

ooooh, i really like that idea! i might just use it! especially for my cycling town :>
thank you sweet star child​

Town Name: Starworth, Cosmica, Nebstar, Messier, NGC 224, Cosmics, Nebula, Milkyway, Messie31, Em31, M31, Galatica, Lovejoy, McNaught, Hale-Bopp, Hyakutak, Lexell, Exlipse, Koh, Koho, Kohoutek,

Mayor/characters:Apollo, Ursa, GALEX, Halley, Galilly, Galileo, Galilei, Hubble

Good for both: Celeste, Celestia, Cosmilla, Appolia, Konstan, Konstia, Konstila,, Stardust, Milkie, Nebuliea, Tempel, Borrelly, Konstin

I knew of most of these and did some research for others

List of modern constellations here (seriously some good names)

My faves:
Town: Starworth, Messie31, Stardust, Cosmilla
Character: GALEX, Galilly, Celestia, Konstan

If you wanna go for a cute, pastel space themed town (omg I want to) I'd choose these: Cosmilla and Galilly or Celestia for a girl or Konstin for a boy
If you wanna go for the kind of mysterious theme you spoke about I'd choose these: NGC 224 for the town name and GALEX for a boy and GALEXIA or Galilly for the girl.
you could go for a spooky, deserted town theme. M31 for the town, McNaught or Lovejoy for the character

I hope this helps in some way :D

Town Name: Starworth, Cosmica, Nebstar, Messier, NGC 224, Cosmics, Nebula, Milkyway, Messie31, Em31, M31, Galatica, Lovejoy, McNaught, Hale-Bopp, Hyakutak, Lexell, Exlipse, Koh, Koho, Kohoutek,

Mayor/characters:Apollo, Ursa, GALEX, Halley, Galilly, Galileo, Galilei, Hubble

Good for both: Celeste, Celestia, Cosmilla, Appolia, Konstan, Konstia, Konstila,, Stardust, Milkie, Nebuliea, Tempel, Borrelly, Konstin

I knew of most of these and did some research for others

List of modern constellations here (seriously some good names)

My faves:
Town: Starworth, Messie31, Stardust, Cosmilla
Character: GALEX, Galilly, Celestia, Konstan

If you wanna go for a cute, pastel space themed town (omg I want to) I'd choose these: Cosmilla and Galilly or Celestia for a girl or Konstin for a boy
If you wanna go for the kind of mysterious theme you spoke about I'd choose these: NGC 224 for the town name and GALEX for a boy and GALEXIA or Galilly for the girl.
you could go for a spooky, deserted town theme. M31 for the town, McNaught or Lovejoy for the character

I hope this helps in some way :D

omfg thank you so so much!
it helps TOO much, in fact, haha!
<3​

I don't really have anything to input... I think the other people who commented have already given great suggestions! :O However I would say to keep in mind that a town name can only be 8 characters and I really hope they fix that in the next game D: I wanted to call my own outerspace-themed town Star Meadow, but StarLake works just as well!

I don't really have anything to input... I think the other people who commented have already given great suggestions! :O However I would say to keep in mind that a town name can only be 8 characters and I really hope they fix that in the next game D: I wanted to call my own outerspace-themed town Star Meadow, but StarLake works just as well!

you're right, everyone else HAS given awesome suggestions! i hope they fix that in the next game too, maybe 12 letters, or something around that :)
maybe no limit at all!

Adhara is one of the brightest stars in the sky and I think it just has a nice ring to it... hence why it's my username :p

Back