• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Names that instantly make you think of a character or a famous person

Alolan_Apples

“Assorted” Collector
Bells
Switch
1624-3778-0694
Green Balloon
Ghostly Kitty Plush
Hot Cocoa
Snowflake Glow Wand
Yellow Tulip
Disco Ball Easter Egg
Orange Candy
Chocolate Cake
Pumpkin Cupcake
Apple (Fruit)
What are the hardest names to disassociate from a particular character or person when you read the name in general. Although multiple people would have a particular name, some are going to remind you of a famous person, real or fictional, when you read it.

Here are some names that come to mind:
  • Patrick
  • Randy
  • Isabelle
  • Mickey

Samus, maybe?

I don't think if I met someone with the same name as an AC villager, that I'd necessarily associate it right away, but for sure, I would with Agnes. 🐷💖

A lot of names, oh boy. I like too many characters. I couldn't possibly remember all of them, but here are some:
Mario
Luigi
Callie
Marie
Pearl
Marina
Noelle (This is because I really like Deltarune)
Kirby
Isabelle
Yoshi (I almost forgot this is an actual name)

I gotta go with Spyro here. It's hard to believe that I've actually encountered some people with this name that isn't that Purple Dragon (Unless I'm delusional/misremembering and it ONLY belongs to that one Purple Dragon.)

Samus, maybe?

I don't think if I met someone with the same name as an AC villager, that I'd necessarily associate it right away, but for sure, I would with Agnes. 🐷💖
I don't think Samus is a real name.

What I'm looking for are names are kinda common, but are now easier to associate with a character or famous person. Like Mario since there are a couple of famous people named Mario, but it's easier to associate that name with the Italian plumber. Or Mickey, which wasn't an unusual name, but has been associated with Mickey Mouse for several generations.

Marilyn makes me think of Marilyn Monroe.

I had a neighbor named Madonna…I always associate the singer with that name, and I think most people do, too.

Zelda because of Princess Zelda.

Ursula makes me think of Ursula from the Little Mermaid.

Anyone called Ash makes me think of Pokémon. Same with Brock.

Giovanna just makes me think of Giorno Giovanna from JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure.

Mario
Luigi
Zelda
Ash
Misty
Brock
Kirby
Mickey
Donald
Barney
...just to name a few. Some names are too common for me to think of the famous person right away.

I don't think Samus is a real name.

What I'm looking for are names are kinda common, but are now easier to associate with a character or famous person. Like Mario since there are a couple of famous people named Mario, but it's easier to associate that name with the Italian plumber. Or Mickey, which wasn't an unusual name, but has been associated with Mickey Mouse for several generations.

Seamus is a real name, so my connection is between the name Seamus and the character Samus given that they're similar.

I wouldn't associate a very common, popular name like Patrick or Isabelle with anyone specific. More unusual or outdated names like Mickey or Donald, sure. Hence, Agnes.

i have a friend whose name is mabel and sometimes i think of mabel pines from gravity falls and mabel from the able sisters.

When I hear the name, "Bob", I think of the cat from Animal Crossing, SpongeBob SquarePants, Bob's Burgers, or the tomato from one of my favorite childhood shows, titled, "VeggieTales".

This is an interesting topic though I struggle to think of any myself that haven’t been named. You sniped Patrick but we’re totally thinking of different Patricks lol

I will say there’s a figure from Australian history whose last name is Batman, anyone who learned about the earliest Brits moving here probably learned about him. We definitely giggled at it when we were learning that in 4th grade, I still forget sometimes and it gives me a nostalgic little scoff to remember.

I gotta go with Spyro here. It's hard to believe that I've actually encountered some people with this name that isn't that Purple Dragon (Unless I'm delusional/misremembering and it ONLY belongs to that one Purple Dragon.)
There’s a band called Spyro Gyra I think, and every time I hear about them I have a bit of a brain blast. They’re not super popular but they show up just often enough in my searches to be memorable.

For me it's Roxy. I've begun to associate that name with @/Roxxy, as well as a character from a webcomic I'm reading. It's Homestuck.
I’m somewhat kinda the same. First thing that comes to mind when I read the name Justin is one of the three administrators, not Justin Bieber or Justin Timberlake. Jeremy, even more so.

Let's be honest. The answer is BAROLD
acnhbaroldtardis.jpg

Kylie and Kim make me think of the Kardashians, Harry makes me think of Harry Potter, and Nico makes me think of our favourite 5'6 gay emo ball of darkness Nico di Angelo.

Back