• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Names that instantly make you think of a character or a famous person

I’m not going to do fictional because then this list would go on forever. Just assume that if the name belongs to a character in a movie, show, book, or video game, especially if it’s a famous one, I’ll probably immediately think of it when I see the name. For real people, just to name a few, there’s:
  • Taylor
  • Ryan
  • Leonardo (there’s two for that one)
  • Britney
  • Abraham (there’s also two for that one)
  • Jack

Harry (Potter & the MC from Disco Elysium)
Mario and Luigi
Brittney
Jason (JaSoOon DeRuuuLOooO)
Patrick
Taylor
Leon
Dante
Virgil/Vergil (lol)
May
Kylie, Kim

there's a lot wow

Can I go with the obvious names here in Mario and Luigi? I will always think of these two when I hear either of their names. Even those who aren't into video games will recognize these two. They are so iconic.

The name 'Calvin' always reminds me of Calvin and Hobbes!
And the name 'Finn' will always remind me of Adventure Time at this point, lol

Whenever I hear the name, "Iggy", the first and ONLY famous person that pops up in my mind is Iggy. As a matter of fact, I find it super-duper extremely weird when someone mentions that name and they're actually referring to some "Iggy" who isn't the one true Iggy (like that lame rapper who's from Australia or New Zealand. If you're referring to that "Iggy", or any other "Iggy" who isn't Iggy, then please be sure to also say their last names so as to avoid any misunderstandings with me. Thank you!).

virlp36325-large__55653.jpg

Whenever I hear the name, "Iggy", the first and ONLY famous person that pops up in my mind is Iggy. As a matter of fact, I find it super-duper extremely weird when someone mentions that name and they're actually referring to some "Iggy" who isn't the one true Iggy (like that lame rapper who's from Australia or New Zealand. If you're referring to that "Iggy", or any other "Iggy" who isn't Iggy, then please be sure to also say their last names so as to avoid any misunderstandings with me. Thank you!).

View attachment 536222
Rare footage of Iggy Pop wearing a shirt?

Here’s just a short list of fictional characters that I immediately think of when I hear their name:

• Patrick
  • Luke
  • Mickey
  • Stan, Kyle, Eric, or Kenny
  • Lisa, Maggie, and Homer
  • Mario and Luigi
  • Isabelle
  • Phineas

Whenever I think of the name "Gary", I think of the two fictional characters that stick to me:
  • That pet snail from Spongebob Squarepants
  • The anime version of the Generation 1 rival from Pokemon (Gary Oak)

Whenever I think of the name "Gary", I think of the two fictional characters that stick to me:
  • That pet snail from Spongebob Squarepants
  • The anime version of the Generation 1 rival from Pokemon (Gary Oak)
Me too but I also have a third one which is a Club Penguin character.

Mario, Luigi, Gary, Patrick, Isabelle, Blossom, Callie, Marie, Marina, Pearl
Franchises being:
Super Mario Bros
Spongebob
Animal Crossing
PPG
Splatoon

Chris Farley’s name sort of has a reverse effect for me because I went to school with a kid actually named Chris Farley and he was a really horrible person to be around and he was a massive bully. He’s also dead now.

Back