• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

N64's Favorite Super Mario Enemies!

xSuperMario64x

Canadian at heart 💜🇨🇦
Bells
Switch
8558-0128-9692
Island
He/him
Purple Hybrid Rose
Bluebird of Happiness Plush
Blue Hybrid Rose
Since I am a huge SMB fan and can't choose just one, here are my top 4 favorite enemies, in order:

Chain Chomp
View attachment 236941
Sure, they might look scary when they lunge at you, but I assure, it's only because they need a friend! I'm sure that befriending a Chain Chomp is one of the most fun things ever (as Link demonstrated in LA)! Besides, how can you resist that adorable face? They're so cute! :blush:

This is probably one of the most grotesque figures I have ever seen in a video game. Nothing compares to the face that this guy makes on a daily basis. But I must say, they are quite a catch! I think they're just misunderstood. What's that? You say they tried to smash you with their face? No, I assure they just wanted a big rock hug! :rolleyes:

Like the already-really-cute Shy Guys, except that these guys pack a punch. They like to bounce around and shoot projectiles at random people walking by. Isn't that just adorable? It's just too bad their more popular brothers get all the attention...

Probably one of the most underrated enemies in the whole series, the Spindel is one magnificent creature you don't want to underestimate. He might seem kinda boring, just rolling back and forth in the pyramid of Shifting Sand Land, but his malicious eyes, charming grin, and toilet-paper-wrapped body certainly make up for his limited attack pattern.

And here are some honorable mentions:

Thwomp
View attachment 236946
There is a lot of mystery that surrounds these guys. How do they float? If they're made of stone, how can they move their face? Why are they so freaking tall?? But aside from all the weird conspiracy theories that stem from this stone-encrusted behemoth, they're actually quite comical! Especially the ones with tanooki tails. That is just priceless.

Even though I generally like Snifits more, I'm a sucker for these lil' guys to. I find it fascinating that they appear to be among the more intelligent species in the series, being as how they can play many sports and even drive a go-kart. The one thing I always wonder, though, is what's under their mask? Only Luigi knows...

Chill Bully
View attachment 236943
Yes, the big ice bully from Snowman's Land that acts like he owns the place. He's always fun to beat up on, but don't let him knock you into the super cold, somehow-not-frozen lake beneath his icy platform!

Ghostly little peeps that first appear in SM3DL. A lot like Boo Buddies, but less vicious looking, and more friendly. Unfortunately, you can't touch these guys without getting hurt, but I'm sure that they don't really mean you any harm. Just look at that smile!

The really cute cloud guy that appears in Tall, Tall Mountain and Mario's Rainbow Castle. He loves to blow things around, and has been known to blow people off of cliffs! But he's very easy to bypass, so do not fear! His delightful kitten face can prove to be a heart-melter! ♥

Basically any Rock Enemy
I mean enemies like Thwimps, Whimps, Grrrols, Tromps, Bomps, Flomps, Walleyes, Wallops, Grindels, and probably a lot more that I can't think about at the moment. Idk why, but I just love the stone creatures of the Mario universe. They're so funny and weird! :blush:

That's all for today! Tune in next time, when I will be talking about some other pointless topic! ~
jDLGt6V.png

Attachments

• chompy.png
    chompy.png
    13.8 KB · Views: 447
  • snifit resized.gif
    snifit resized.gif
    11.7 KB · Views: 82
  • spindell.jpg
    spindell.jpg
    6.4 KB · Views: 82
  • chill bully.jpg