• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Mystery Island Record Keeping

outofwrlds

On My Way To ✨Space✨
Bells
Space Whale Plush
Galaxy Swirl
Moon Bunny
International Space Cetacean Star Fragment
S.S. Dolphin
I'm hunting down a few certain villagers and managed to get my hands on a decent amount of NMT. Fifty seven, to be exact. Nice, but not likely to get me all three of the ones I want. I thought it would be fun to record my travels and mark down the villagers I've seen and my thoughts on them. I don't expect anyone to read this, and if anyone does, I don't expect them to enjoy this or care; it's here purely for my own entertainment.

I'm hunting specifically for Wolfgang, Julian, and Sasha.

Sasha was an easy choice. I seem to enjoy the designs of the female villagers over male, and my island ended up with 7 female and 3 male. A little too lopsided for me. Sasha is perfect, because with his big pretty eyes, cute bangs, and lovely pastel coloring, he suits my taste in villagers so well. Weirdly enough, even though he's the one I want the most of the three, I'm almost hoping I don't find him first. I haven't got any lazy villagers right now, but I do have smug and cranky already, so I have a higher chance of finding him in a campsite, if RNG smiles down upon me. It would be a dream come true to get one of the others now and find Sasha in a campsite in a few days. Highly unlikely. But if I find him wandering on a mystery island, I'll snatch him up fast, with tears of joy.

Wolfgang and Julian are a little more complicated to explain their places on my island. I currently have Kyle as my only smug villager, and I also have him on my island in New Leaf, so while I still adore him, I don't feel like I'm entirely abandoning an old friend. I've had him too long, though, and really want a fresh face. I think Julian will be a fun replacement for him. I love my smugs and it was hard to decide on a new one, but I think he'd be lovely in the "blue" section of my island, currently occupied by Ione. Ione is gorgeous, but I don't vibe with her as much as I thought I would. It's strange how so many villagers have the same personality type but come across in completely different ways. Since I already have another normal, I don't mind filling her spot in my island with Julian.

Once I have him and Sasha, and with Ione and Kyle both gone, I'll have at least one of every personality. Cranky is one of my favorite personality types, even back when I was a wee child on Wild World. Some might find them grating and gruff, but I find their oddball old-man advice to be endearing. I figured I'd kinda miss having a wolf without Kyle, especially with my island being overrun with fluffy bunnies and cute little cats. Wolfgang seemed to fit the empty spaces best; with his leather jacket, he'd make a nice adventurer living near my jungle area.

Explanations and expectations over and done with, I suppose I should get hunting. Wish me luck!

Thanks for the support! I didn't expect to get encouragement so quickly, haha.

1. Wendy- she's actually pretty cute. I like the buck teeth. Some might think it makes her ugly, but I think it's adorable. Gives her character. I really like the sheep villagers. I should find space for one on my island... Just not this one.

2. Robin- okay, I guess. She's pretty, but a little plain. Not exceptionally interesting, though her blue hair gives me punk vibes.

3. Plucky- oh. Oh my. I do like most of the chickens, but some of them... Not so much. Chickens need more love, just maybe not Plucky. Edit: That's a little harsh. I'm being dramatic. She's not that bad, and with her grey-white feather crest, she looks like a little chicken grandma. If she ended up on my island, she might start to grow on me.

4. Jacques- what a scruffy little dude! Definitely not my style, but he's fun to look at. I can see him being in a band with Kyle.

5. Diva- the queen of memes herself! With her dramatic appearance, I know she's a villager that some people adore, some people hate, and some people love to hate. I think I like her for the jokes and memes, but I wouldn't be happy with her on my island.

6. Hippeux- I actually forget hippo villagers exist sometimes. Sorry, hippo fans. Definitely not the prettiest face, but he's dor sure unique. I feel like if male villagers could have snooty personalities, he would be first in line.

7. Spike- I actually really like him. He's fun, and his catchphrase 'punk' suits him well. I don't want him for me, but if I had a way to ship him off to my brother's island without having to end my hunt, I would.

I've got 50 tickets left to go, and my son is waking up from his nap soon, so I think this is a good place to stop.

Last edited:
Did a little more hunting and got ten tickets out of the way. This set was really rough! There were so many good ones I came across, I just couldn't believe my luck. Each one became harder and harder to turn away from. I'll probably do a few more later, 5-10, before I reset my day and get ready for bed. I have a one year old and my schedule is not my own. It might take me several days to get through all these tickets, if I'm unlucky.

8. Graham- Not my cup of tea. I've seen pictures of him in various other glasses and it tends to come out kinda nice, but I still consider him near the bottom of my hamster tier.

9. Rex- I like this one. He's goofy and adorable. I have Elvis the cranky lion as my forever villager right now, and Rex looks like he could be his little brother or something.

10. Rodeo- I. Love. Rodeo. Oh man, I love this bull. He's one of my favorites of all time, and if I wasn't already dedicating this spot to one of a few select villagers, my hunt would be over right now.

11. Dom- An adorable sheep! I remember he was super popular for a while when this game first came out, with his big watery eyes. Jock is probably my least favorite personality type, and Dom was second place for getting a slot on my island when picking out my jock. Close call, little buddy.

12. Erik- How cool! He looks like a moose to me, but with his name, he might be an elk? Deer villagers are always great. I don't thinking there's one I don't like.

13. Bangle- Wow, this one is gorgeous. The coloring is phenomenal. I haven't considered having a tiger/big cat on my island since I already have a lion, but I might have to put some thought into it later...

14. Stitches- I feel like I'm being mocked. This little dude was the lazy villager my heart was set on before Sasha existed. *Sigh* I had to sit here a few minutes to convince myself to leave. Heartbroken, leaving him behind...

15. Spike- didn't expect to find a duplicate again so quickly! Hello, Spike.

16. Zucker- All of the octopi villagers are really cute and have such interesting designs! But something about them is just... creepy. Maybe it's too many legs. Maybe it's the guilty feeling I get when I go diving for sea creatures and sell their brethren to the Nook boys.

17. Baabara- I used to have her on my island in Wild World! Fond memories of more pleasant times... Since I'm thinking about it, is it just me, or did snooty and cranky villagers used to be a lot meaner in the old games?

I used to love reading villager hunting threads back when I used twitter as more than a photo dump and seeing your thread made me super happy! I wish you all the luck in finding your dreamie villagers! Sasha would also be on my hunting list if I hadn't already picked Beau to be my Lazy! <3

Alas, this is the last of my hunting before sleep takes over. Only a few this time, just half a stack of tickets. No luck yet, but there's still plenty to go.

18. Keaton- Who's a pretty birdy? I love the eagles' design in general, but I particularly love how colorful this guy is. Just looking at him, I assumed he'd be a jock, with his letterman jacket and vibrant colors. In my head at least, snugs tend to be more muted colors. Right?

19. Rodeo- Another duplicate, before even hitting 20! And it's one I love. This time I'm pretty sure I'm being mocked.

20. Truffles- But to make up for Rodeo... Ugh. Truffles is a famous one. Some people love her, some people hate her, some people love to hate her. I had her trapped on my island in New Leaf for way too long. I know where she stands with me.

21. Billy- Love sheep, goats not so much. Their face shapes just seem so weird to me. Kinda funny, but I'd been trying to find this guy in the DLC for a while. He unlocks some furniture that I'd been struggling to get my hands on.

22. Rowan- Another pretty tiger! Maybe not so big a fan of that unibrow, but hey, not everyone can be Bangle.

Alas, this is the last of my hunting before sleep takes over. Only a few this time, just half a stack of tickets. No luck yet, but there's still plenty to go.

18. Keaton- Who's a pretty birdy? I love the eagles' design in general, but I particularly love how colorful this guy is. Just looking at him, I assumed he'd be a jock, with his letterman jacket and vibrant colors. In my head at least, snugs tend to be more muted colors. Right?

19. Rodeo- Another duplicate, before even hitting 20! And it's one I love. This time I'm pretty sure I'm being mocked.

20. Truffles- But to make up for Rodeo... Ugh. Truffles is a famous one. Some people love her, some people hate her, some people love to hate her. I had her trapped on my island in New Leaf for way too long. I know where she stands with me.

21. Billy- Love sheep, goats not so much. Their face shapes just seem so weird to me. Kinda funny, but I'd been trying to find this guy in the DLC for a while. He unlocks some furniture that I'd been struggling to get my hands on.

22. Rowan- Another pretty tiger! Maybe not so big a fan of that unibrow, but hey, not everyone can be Bangle.
OH! KEATON! He is such a good one. I also love the Eagle designs. (I contemplated an all eagle island once lol)

Good luck on your hunting! I have more NMT than I know what to do with, so if you run out, just let me know! I have all my dreamiest on both of my islands.

I also have to agree with your point on how different villagers of the same type (cranky, smug, etc) can come across so differently. It’s wild, isn’t it? Even with some of the same dialogue between them, they are so different. Sorry to hear you didn’t vibe with Ione the way you thought you would I absolutely love her, she is my favorite villager, as I’m sure you can tell from my signature.

I didn’t want the frustration of mystery island hopping for my dreamies, so I amiibo’d all mine in, but I DEFINITELY respect you for doing it that way. I think logging your encounters is a great way to get your own stats and keep track of who all you’ve seen, how many times, what types of islands you’ve gotten. I got the money rock island one time, I do remember that much!

OH! KEATON! He is such a good one. I also love the Eagle designs. (I contemplated an all eagle island once lol)
An all eagle island would be so fun! Villager hunting makes me wish we could have multiple islands on one switch. Or like 16 villagers on one island. I would definitely be snatching up some eagles if I could.
Post automatically merged:

Good luck on your hunting! I have more NMT than I know what to do with, so if you run out, just let me know! I have all my dreamiest on both of my islands.

I also have to agree with your point on how different villagers of the same type (cranky, smug, etc) can come across so differently. It’s wild, isn’t it? Even with some of the same dialogue between them, they are so different. Sorry to hear you didn’t vibe with Ione the way you thought you would I absolutely love her, she is my favorite villager, as I’m sure you can tell from my signature.

I didn’t want the frustration of mystery island hopping for my dreamies, so I amiibo’d all mine in, but I DEFINITELY respect you for doing it that way. I think logging your encounters is a great way to get your own stats and keep track of who all you’ve seen, how many times, what types of islands you’ve gotten. I got the money rock island one time, I do remember that much!
What a generous offer! I'll definitely keep you in mind, as I'm sure I'll run out long before I'm ready to be done.

Ione is my newest villager right now, and usually I click right away with my dreamies. I adore her appearance and love the way she glows at night. Once I find my villager this round of hunting, it'll be some time before I can kick another off, so who knows, she might grow on me in the meantime. (That'll be rough because I'll have to do some serious rearranging to keep her, but I've done worse.) Perhaps I'll give her a few cute outfits and a new catchphrase. But at the very least, I'm hoping to find her a new home. I hate sending villagers to the void.

One of the reasons I'm logging my encounters this way is to hopefully avoid the frustration of spending so much time on it! Before, I've just gone in with my fingers crossed and grabbed the first villager I liked, never going for more than perhaps ten islands before funding someone. I've gotten the money island once already, which is really nice. I'm trying to shake my trees and grab my fossils as I go, which does make the process a little slower, but it makes me feel like I'm still playing a game, keeps things enjoyable and less monotonous.

Last edited:
I do have to say, I'm surprised at how many villagers I don't recognize while doing this. A lot of them are entirely new to me, or are ones I've forgotten exist entirely. Obviously, I recognize the popular ones and my own personal favorites, but it's really nice to see new faces I wouldn't otherwise know.

23. Hazel- Complain about one unibrow and you get another. This one made me laugh. She's the starting sisterly villager on my little brother's island, and nothing he does can get her to leave.

24. Hopper- Not what I was expecting for my first penguin. What a wild looking dude. I honestly am not sure what I'm feeling about him.

25. Sheldon- Landed on an island. Saw a cute, fluffy, brown squirrel tail. Got excited. Love squirrels. Ran over to say hello. That was NOT the sort of face I was expecting to see. He was so... fierce.

26. Canberra- This recent batch has really been hard on the eyes, huh? Koalas are hit or miss for me. Cute in concept, not always great in execution. I had Ozzie for a while, and he drove me crazy. One of the reasons I haven't had a lazy in so long, and one of the reasons I'm reluctant to get a koala ever again...

27. Paula- When I was younger and the villagers were a lot less clearly rendered and on a lot smaller screens, I thought her headband thing was a third eye for the longest time. Really freaked me out. I bet I'll like her more now that she's a sisterly instead of peppy. Peppy is my least favorite female personality, but my island somehow has two of them I could never part with.

I think my opinions of the villagers I'm meeting are getting longer. This is good writing practice.

I've got 30 more tickets to go, so I'm pretty much halfway at this point. I'd like to see if I can get through all of them today. If not, at least 20!

28. Marlo- What a snazzy little dude! I like all of the newest villagers, but not all of them get the love they deserve. With his house and design, he probably fits into a more modern city-like island, so probably harder for most people to incorporate.

29. Nan- My favorite goat! (Of the goats that I know off the top of my head. I do have a certain enjoyment of black themed villagers, though I don't usually have many. Still, sheep are better.

30. Alli- My girl here was set up on tarantula island! Had to take some time to fill up on tarantulas while I had the opportunity. I don't think I'm a fan of Alli though. Despite her efforts, that lipstick is not very inviting.

31. Francine- Cute! I've always liked seeing islands with her and Chrissy together. Francine is my favorite of the two.

32. Eugene- whatever I said about koalas I take back. This guy is where it's at. He's got style. Probably ready to throw hands with Elvis to see who deserves the name.

33. Billy- No, not another duplicate! And a weird goat too... Dagnaabit.

34. Sparro- Here's a funky little bird. He's kinda plain, well suited for a realistic island with his various shades of brown, but he definitely stares into your soul. Kinda prefer Robin over him though.

35. Stinky- heheheheh STINKY!!! What a wonderfully fun villager! I like him. What a great lazy villager.

36. Tiffany- I saw the shadow of a rabbit while I was climbing a cliff to get to her, and I'm not going to lie, I was so stoked. Normally the lipstick thing is weird on a villager, but on her it's amusing. Her face makes me think of someone who's been working in retail too long. Some might think her a Karen with those angry brows, but no, those eyes are too dead inside. The eyes of one who's faced too many Karen's in their time...

37. Canberra- I think I should stop complaining about villagers I find. I complain about Rowan's unibrow and find Hazel. I complain about koalas and seeing so many duplicates, and here we go...

Stinky is a jock ^^

Im enjoying reading this! Keep it up!
He's a JOCK?? Wow, goes to show what I know about these villagers 😅

What a great jock!

Tried to get through ten more, but didn't quite make it. I'm getting closer to my goal. I can feel them out there. Only 13 tickets left, then I'm going to have to start begging and buying more.

38. Benedict- look at those CHEEKS! Gives him a pudgy vibe. What a cute, stereotypical farm chicken. His name makes me hungry. I should eat.

39. Buck- He's funny looking, almost made me laugh with those crazy eyebrows and weird eyes. I messed up and got stung by wasps on his island, so he got the last laugh here.

40. Chester- I saw him and immediately went, " Ooh, Punchy!" This is not Punchy. This is Chester. Punchy is a cat. They don't even look like. A more embarrassing mistake than calling Stinky a lazy villager...

41. Carmen- I like villagers with human hair a lot more than villagers with lipstick. Carmen is so interesting to look at. She's not pretty, but she's not ugly. With her hair and face, she feels strangely human.

42. Stella- This one is a beloved sheep. One of the cutest sheep out there. Pink and soothing and so kind as a normal personality.

43. Tucker- A MAMMOTH!!! I didn't know we had those! I mean, I know we have elephants. I had Tia back in New Leaf and started with Axel on my island. But mammoths. Wow. *Mind Blown*

44. Sheldon- Further evidence that complaining about villagers makes them come back harder. Should I just complain about the ones I want? Ugh, Sasha! How dare Wolfgang not show up when I want? Grumble, grumble, JULIAN!

Last edited:
He's a JOCK?? Wow, goes to show what I know about these villagers 😅

What a great jock!

Tried to get through ten more, but didn't quite make it. I'm getting closer to my goal. I can feel them out there. Only 13 tickets left, then I'm going to have to start begging and buying more.

38. Benedict- look at those CHEEKS! Gives him a pudgy vibe. What a cute, stereotypical farm chicken. His name makes me hungry. I should eat.

39. Buck- He's funny looking, almost made me laugh with those crazy eyebrows and weird eyes. I messed up and got stung by wasps on his island, so he got the last laugh here.

40. Chester- I saw him and immediately went, " Ooh, Punchy!" This is not Punchy. This is Chester. Punchy is a cat. They don't even look like. A more embarrassing mistake than calling Stinky a lazy villager...

41. Carmen- I like villagers with human hair a lot more than villagers with lipstick. Carmen is so interesting to look at. She's not pretty, but she's not ugly. With her hair and face, she feels strangely human.

42. Stella- This one is a beloved sheep. One of the cutest sheep out there. Pink and soothing and so kind as a normal personality.

43. Tucker- A MAMMOTH!!! I didn't know we had those! I mean, I know we have elephants. I had Tia back in New Leaf and started with Axel on my island. But mammoths. Wow. *Mind Blown*

44. Sheldon- Further evidence that complaining about villagers makes them come back harder. Should I just complain about the ones I want? Ugh, Sasha! How dare Wolfgang not show up when I want? Grumble, grumble, JULIAN!
Haha he is best boy, king on my side island

I remember when I was looking for Freya, after putting a wolf into my campsite I started to get alot of wolves. Ended up taking a different wolf. But i got many more wolves then before. Worked the same way I got Freya. Not tons of wolves. But defently a lot more frequent.

So maybe if you have a rabbit in the tent you'll have more luck! Or more lazies in general.

Whenever I gi hunting my most frequent villagers are the ones on my main lol

Last edited:
Haha he is best boy, king on my side island

I remember when I was looking for Freya, after putting a wolf into my campsite I started to get alot of wolves. Ended up taking a different wolf. But i got many more wolves then before. Worked the same way I got Freya. Not tons of wolves. But defently a lot more frequent.

So maybe if you have a rabbit in the tent you'll have more luck! Or more lazies in general.

Whenever I gi hunting my most frequent villagers are the ones on my main lol
Man, I wish I had a rabbit amiibo I can throw in my campsite to test this out. I have exactly two amiibo cards, and one is Genji the rabbit, but since he's living on my island already it's not exactly useful. But maybe I can make this happen for the next time I have an open plot.

Alright, everyone. Here we are at the end of the hunt. I'm low on tickets, it's getting late... And I found what I'm looking for.

45. Cashmere- Poor thing. Being such a cute fluffy sheep but with such an unfortunate face... Interesting fact, cashmere wool actually comes from goats! Should have been a goat.

46. Rory- Money island! Alas, I didn't hit the jackpot. Rory is quite... fascinating, with those staches of his. He's not the worst lion, but he's definitely not for me.

47. Peck- Zombie eyes. Just pure white orbs of sight. If he had pupils, he'd be thelst simple, plain looking bird. Crazy what two little black dots missing can do for a fear factor.

48. Henry- What a cute frog! I like the spots on the back of his head. Simple and realistic, but very appealing looking. His name is also unexpectedly simple, which adds a bit of charm.

49. Zucker- I know a duplicate is less helpful than any other villager that's not the one I want, but gosh, do they feel more frustrating to run into.

But here's what we've all been waiting for, folks.

50. WOLFGANG COMING IN AT LUCKY NUMBER 50. Seriously, what are the odds of finding him at such a wonderful number? Considering the rate I was hitting duplicates, I figured I'd find one of my beloved three around 200.

2023021719233000-02CB906EA538A35643C1E1484C4B947D.jpg

But here he is, and here he stays! I'm pretty proud of myself with this. I was absolutely prepared to reset my day and hunt through 200+ islands to find what I want. Still have two more to get, so I may have that chance... But I'll worry about that later. For now, it's time to celebrate!

Not having to worry about accidentally forgetting to reset the time every night is such a major relief. Phew!

My beloved King Buck! 😍

Wolfgang is a great choice I had him on my main island for a while and thought he was so cool. You've rekindled my love so I think I'll need to invite him back.
If you ever need anymore NMTs I would happily give you 200+. Nothing needed in return! 🙂

My beloved King Buck! 😍

Wolfgang is a great choice I had him on my main island for a while and thought he was so cool. You've rekindled my love so I think I'll need to invite him back.
If you ever need anymore NMTs I would happily give you 200+. Nothing needed in return! 🙂
I recognize you from your cycling thread, but I never noticed your icon before! I'd love to take you up on your offer of more NMT. I was lucky enough to find Wolfgang pretty quickly, but I have a feeling the last two might not come as quickly as I'd like.

Back