• Most events follow Eastern Daylight Time. The current Space Time is:
  • Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Mysteries of the Monolith - Ended!

I have very little knowledge of nintendo characters to begin with. Also I have bad eyesight. Also I keep seeing people call this a mirror puzzle and I'm unsure what that means. I'm either mirror image(i.e. backward) or like those magic mirror images where you have to hold like glass over it and stare through it(I suck at those). So looks like I've got 3 strikes against me right off

It doesn't matter if it's a mirror anyways cause even if I flip the image I don't see what could be body parts it literally doesn't even look like a character anymore lolll

This is the first one I have to sit out, but not from lack of trying. :( I tried doing a few things to adjust the image, and I can see clear parts that would be a character, I just don't know which one. I guess I'm just not familiar with as many Nintendo characters as I thought.

I will say, after staring at it, adjusting brightness, and trying (and failing) to brute force a ton of characters.... I'm very grateful for the round 1 puzzles/tickets, lol...

I can't believe I got this one right! The colors were blinding and I thought there was no way I would get it when suddenly I noticed one feature and realized who it was. That's a sigh of relief for tonight, but I'm dreading Wednesday's image.

I have very little knowledge of nintendo characters to begin with. Also I have bad eyesight. Also I keep seeing people call this a mirror puzzle and I'm unsure what that means. I'm either mirror image(i.e. backward) or like those magic mirror images where you have to hold like glass over it and stare through it(I suck at those). So looks like I've got 3 strikes against me right off
These types of images have been used in other events where they were called mirrors (like carnival mirrors where the image is distorted), so that name has kind of stuck even if they appear in other events with other names.

I was able to recognize something in the image when I rotated it, and once I played with the image a bit more, it clicked into my head who it was. Not bad. Too bad Wednesday's mirror is bound to be much harder.

I love cryptograms. The last two rounds were my JAM. And now I’m just sitting here staring at some digital trees thinking that even with infinite guesses I will almost certainly go home ticketless this round.

(Shoutout to everyone who asked about “Wolete,” my soul can finally rest.)

(Also, for the "Wolete" discussion: Aniko had it right, it meant "Wallet". As in... prepare your wallet 😂 I wanted a W in the code somewhere, so you know.)
I thought it was a misspelling of volete and that was really irking me. :B

Sweet! 2nd try! Thought it was 1 and then saw something else!!!
Ducking!!!!! …. Sorry guys

Put it in 4 times before giving up and trying different codes only to realize I was misspelling it🤦‍♀️ but I got it! Not looking forward to Wednesday tho >_>

Back