• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

My town is so small. :(

mapleshine

Proud Filipino
Bells
Red Candy
Does anyone else feel this way? My town feels so small, but that's probably because I'm used to it. :(

My town seemed bigger when I first started it, so part of the problem could definitely be that you are used to it. Maybe mine feels a bit small because of the three lakes and 9 rocks... should have thought that decision through a little bit more.

I'll post a pic of my map after a trade. I visit dream towns frequently and all of their towns seem huge. :(

Does anyone else feel this way? My town feels so small, but that's probably because I'm used to it. :(

Yeah, I feel that often, but now that I've been landscaping and having different points of interest (Also, planned pathways and trees, bushes, flowers, pwps, etc) has definitely helped! Once I finish, I'm sure it feel even bigger :) A lot of it is just familiarity though, so I wouldn't worry too much about it! Just make use of the space you have, and it turns out fine :)

I'll post a pic of my map after a trade. I visit dream towns frequently and all of their towns seem huge. :(

Don't they, tho??? I feel the same! I think mine feels small because my river is a tad windy and I have a heck of a time fitting in PWP's properly. That's why my town is a colourful eyesore. (Yeah...that's why!) And when villagers move in and place their houses on a smaller PWP you weren't allowed to build there is feels extra small.

I think it is more the layout than anything. I have another town and so far it feels bigger, but I'll see if it continues to feel that way after I have more than a couple PWP's.

:0 Map.JPG

- - - Post Merge - - -

^My map

Last edited:
It IS pretty! Besides, it looks better than mine as for space for PWP's, I think. Unless it's that "grass is always greener" effect. I like it! :)

XD after i paved my town, i thought it was tiny.
I agree with the others, it's probably because you're used to it!!
c:

How did you get that picture of your town map? o:

I feel my town is really small. There's a river that goes across the map. I think that actually makes my town truly small.

How did you get that picture of your town map? o:

I feel my town is really small. There's a river that goes across the map. I think that actually makes my town truly small.

Well, what I did was talk to Isabelle about demolishing a PWP, and it comes up. :)

I think a lot of people have that problem. I know that I've been to many different towns and marveled at how large they seem in comparison to mine. However, I've also had visitors who have remarked that they think my town is very spacious, and that they feel that theirs is much smaller.
I definitely notice that towns feel larger if they have well organized paths, with lots of twists and turns and variation in layout. Careful landscaping and PWP landmarks contribute a lot as well.

That's odd. I have a meandering river running through my town, but I don't feel that makes my town feel small at all. Actually, I feel I have lots of space, even after putting in all the PWPs that I want. (Cafe, campsite, flower arch, flower clock, fountain, zen garden, zen bell, zen clock, fire hydrant, picnic blanket, wisteria trellises, moai statue, stone tablet, geyser, stonehenge, windmill, rice racks and log benches.) One thing I don't have that a lot of other towns do are wide paths. My stone paths are narrow and winding and I really like how they make my town feel less city-like and more rustic, even with so many PWPs. Maybe that helps in creating a sense of spaciousness.

I just started my town. So, I don't feel like it's small. I have more people playing in my town too.... since it's me and 3 friends playing on my cartridge.

:0View attachment 16886

- - - Post Merge - - -

^My map

The southern part of your map looks very cluttered with town hall, Retail, the police station, a character house, 5 villager houses, and 2 ponds (and 1 of the ponds is kinda big!). That's probably part of the reason why your town feels so small.

It looks like you have a lot of room to do stuff on the northern/eastern part of your town though. You may have to re-landscape it if you have too many trees or other plants making it cluttery, but otherwise, I bet you could do a lot of interesting stuff with PWPs and such up there.

The southern part of your map looks very cluttered with town hall, Retail, the police station, a character house, 5 villager houses, and 2 ponds (and 1 of the ponds is kinda big!). That's probably part of the reason why your town feels so small.

It looks like you have a lot of room to do stuff on the northern/eastern part of your town though. You may have to re-landscape it if you have too many trees or other plants making it cluttery, but otherwise, I bet you could do a lot of interesting stuff with PWPs and such up there.

Yep, I wanted to reserve most of the top part for large PWPs. You are right, the bottom is quite cluttered, but I'm learning to accept it. All those villagers are dreamies, so I won't TT them out. And yes, I have an abnormally large pond that I am NOT fond about. ;_;

I feel like my town could be considered "small" because of some of the small spaces created by my town's river curves. I don't have what's often considered the ideal layout for AC:NL -- a straight-across river. But I still have no shortage of places for PWPs (I reached the 30-limit and could add much more, if I were allowed to), so I think I'm fine. I just want to make my town as beautiful as I can make it with the space that I have.

Back