Green Cotton Candy
Yule Log
Pumpkin Glow Wand
Bee Plush
Frost Easter Egg
Purple Candy
White Tulip
Ice Cream Swirl (TBT Beach Party)
I said a while ago that I was done writing political entries, but I may still continue if I want. However, they are a lot rarer here, so this may be once in a while.

Today's entry is not about where I stand on each of the political issues (i.e. gun control, religious liberty, border wall), but it's more about having or handling an opinion (i.e. boycotts for political reasons, political discrimination, and passion). As you see, I am right-winged, but not too far to the right. Imagine if there is a spectrum from 0% to 100%, where 0% is the absolute left (communist, full support of political correctness, anti-religion etc) 10% marks the alt-left line, 90% marks the alt-right line, and 100% is the absolute right (white supremacy, anarcho-capitalist, Christian extremist etc.). On that spectrum, I am at 83%, the divider between far-right and middle right. Although I seem to like renewable energy and recycling and have a soft spot for LGBT, I seem to be closer to the right end on most of the political issues (such as the racial issues, economic issues, and social issues like abortion and capital punishment). I would avoid the extremes on issues like that, but it's still far enough that some of the members on this forum can't even handle at all. Take for instance, I believe abortion should only be legal in extreme cases. I also support the Hyde Amendment and oppose Obamacare's contraceptive mandate in favor of religious people. Whether or not I care about the women that need it, people are already mad at me for not even supporting the right in particular, even if religion is not the reason (it really isn't in my case).

I can handle most political opinions, even if it's on the extreme end of the opposite side of where I stand on some of my strongest issues. However, there are some opinions or actions in political debates that I cannot even stand, and I would demonize anybody that believes it or does it. One example is that there are people everywhere on the internet (including this forum) that believe it's morally acceptable to bully or intimidate people that do not agree with them on any issue (or at least they villify those who wouldn't side with them). They could be neutral or on the opposing side and still get criticism for it, and it can be on any issue (even economic issues like if fast food should be illegal). I'm not going to call out any names or cite any examples from this site, but if this is true about you, then you seriously have problems. Another example is that there are some members on this site that support or defend Antifa, a group I cannot respect at all.

Anyway, here are the takeaways on what I believe about having an opinion or handling others' opinions, whether it's online or in real life:

• I am under the impression that passion is evil. I believe that those who have extreme passion over a political issue tend to let it consume them, which leads them into becoming a close minded bigot. These people are worse than those who are immature and/or uneducated.
  • White privilege does not exist. Nobody is being oppressed. If you invoke the white privilege card in any circumstance, you are in fact being racist towards every group. Invoking it is racist against minorities because it belittles them while it is racist against white people because it encourages or suggests persecution of or intolerance towards white people.
  • Reverse oppression isn't real. It's basically another excuse to hate on the groups that haven't been oppressed in American history.
  • It's okay to be neutral to a political issue, even if it's a serious one. In fact, you're better off being neutral because people in politics and political discussions tend to be very angry people. If even being neutral to the issue or not caring about it at all is "evil", well it isn't. It means the person you're dealing with is extremely passionate over the issue, which I said above is an evil trait.
  • I am against boycotting a business for political reasons. Whatever opinions they have or whoever they support does not affect you or their products/services. Remember when Papa John's opposed Obamacare's employer mandate? That had no effect on the pizzas. Just the management that doesn't affect you. Plus, political boycotts like this is intolerance.
  • Do not support or defend Antifa. Some may think they are a peaceful protest group against fascists, but they aren't. They are terrorists. Using violence to silence your political opponents is terrorism. Plus, they're aren't targeting all fascists. Instead, they are targeting conservatives, free speech people, capitalists, and police officers. Not only that, if they claim to target only fascists, why would they tear down a Kate Steinle vigil? She's not a fascist, and there's nothing offensive about mourning her.
  • We should all know that discrimination based on race, religion, sex, class, and sexual orientation are bad, but political discrimination is also just as bad as all that. You don't have to agree with them, but you should respect their opinion, their right to have an opinion, and their right to even enjoy their time. Yes, they should properly explain why they take that side, but even if they don't, you shouldn't force your beliefs on them or insult them.
  • Even if someone supports something wrong (like racism) or another bad idea (like communism), you have no reason to bully, intimidate, or physically attack them for doing so. Let the bigots be bigots and suffer the consequences of their own words or actions. Being mean to them is just as bad as they are. People that support bad ideas have other reasons to support them. It's also worth mentioning that most victims of political violence aren't even bigots.
  • Under no exception is violence acceptable. Even if the issue is serious, violent protests will not solve it. Instead, it would encourage violence by others.
  • The biggest bigots in America aren't the well-known hate groups. It's the Social Justice Warriors. They hate white men, Christians, and other groups that aren't underrepresented. They are looking for trouble all the time. They namecall people who disagree with them and defend their behavior. They trash everyday things as offensive because of little details that people do not pay too much attention too. And they support strict censorship of something that doesn't need to be censored according to the FCC. These are the kind of people in politics I can't tolerate. I would probably even avoid doing business with them.
Just to wrap it up, you should be respectful towards anybody regardless of opinions. Under no exception is violence or disrespect acceptable, even towards those who have harmful opinions while you should be nice to those who have harmless opinions (even if you don't agree with them). Being neutral isn't bad, letting passion consuming you is bad, and bullying others makes you just as bad as what you oppose. Last, Antifa and the SJWs are evil. You may not agree with me on any of this, but one issue I'm very well concerned more than serious ones like environmental issues and foreign issues is the increasing polarization in people. We have gotten so divided that we are now being disrespectful of people with different identities. This is exactly what lead to the Civil War, and we do not want that to happen again. We need to become civil again.

I wouldn't say that anything I opppsed in that list is a liberal thing or conservative thing. While SJWs and Antifa are extremist left-wing groups, most of what I described can be both liberal and conservative. But usually, it's the liberals that do that. I don't know why liberals are more likely to do this, but this kind of behavior has put a negative reputation on the left wing. If you really don't agree with me on any of what I said in the list, please give me a valid reason why you wouldn't side with me on it.

I actually 100% agree with you on everything here. I especially noted when you said that it's best to remain neutral, because people almost always tend to let their political beliefs affect their attitude and personality, which is a horrible thing. I was raised in a conservative household, but I consider myself moderate (and slightly left-leaning), not only because I don't agree with the extremes of either side, but because, personally, identifying to either side makes me feel like I'm betraying my fellow man.

And it makes me sick when people put others down and make them feel like **** just because they have a different opinion. It's amazing how close-minded and hypocritical people can be. Maybe if they would listen to each other and offer constructive arguments instead of tearing at each other like wild animals, there wouldn't be so much division??

I also took note of when you mentioned the civil war. It's very possible that this whole political debate thing is leading to a second civil war, because people can't be bothered with learning from the mistakes of history. I really wouldn't be surprised if it happened.

I'm not gonna rant anymore because I know some people like to turn honest opinions into stupid, ongoing debates, so I'll leave this much for you to read.

Yes, people really need to be tolerant. I noticed that liberals these days are not just intolerant of conservatives, but also intolerant of people that don't even side with them. Trump is not any better. Recently, he mocked the left for "putting illegals in front of American citizens" while I believe that Trump supports mass deportation...of people who kneel during the national anthem, more particularly football players.

By the way, I planned several blog entries that said "it's not offensive to mourn Kate Steinle" and "the white privilege card suggests or encourages persecution of white people". I decided to not write them, but I chose to incorporate those two in this entry.

Guess what happened! Maxine Waters acted like a fool in public. She called for the harassment of Trump and his cabinet members. She needs to read this blog entry and see what is acceptable and what is not acceptable. I get that Trump is a flawed man, and I can agree with that. He did not resolve the Charlottesville incident, and he used some crude and vulgar term describing the underdeveloped nations. But whatever Waters did was uncivil, un-Democratic, and evil.

This is honestly one of the best posts I've seen on here. While I am a centrist that is slightly left-leaning, there's few things in here I can dispute.

”You cannot be civil with a political party that wants to destroy what you stand for, what you care about. That's why I believe that if we are fortunate enough to win back the House and/or the Senate, that's when civility can start again.”

Nice try Hillary, but under no exception is violence and rude behavior allowed anywhere. I don’t want people being violent because they can’t get stuff for free or because they have to hear or see stuff they don’t want to hear or see.

Also notice how I never mentioned the word “civility” in this blog entry, yet this blog entry supports it. It’s like I’m playing Taboo, a game where you can talk about something without saying the keywords.

Back