My lighthouse is gone!!! G-O-N-E!!!

Cinnamon_Pop

Bells
I used this trick that people do when they make a new save file before playing the game that day, so they can check to see if a villager is moving on a spot they don't like. Well, It looked good, so I planted the save file house and demolished it. I go onto my first file, and I see that my lighthouse suddenly DISAPPEARED!! I am so upset! :mad: has anyone had this happen to them?

That's odd..
Can I ask if it's still on your PWP project list? Like, if you go to demolish it, is it there?

That's odd..
Can I ask if it's still on your PWP project list? Like, if you go to demolish it, is it there?

I can't look at it today. Fishing tourney :/

Oh and just an FYI, I put the house nearby the lighthouse. However I also have a police station there that didn't get moved.

Last edited:
Something kinda similar happened to me. I was making snowmen, and i made a snow boy next to my snow tyke - they were kinda close by.

I went around my town, - didn't tt or anything. when I came back to the spot the snow boy was gone. I think it happens if you put two things a little too close together?

When you placed the house... Nook may have said 'I have to remove a PWP first'
If you said yes, that would explain why

When you make a new character their houses are capable of removing PWPs whenever you build it! So if you built it too close Nook will say he has to demolish the PWP in order to build your house (similar to removing plants and trees)

It can't just be gone… What?

I'm not lying. I could show a picture of the batch of disappeared snow where the house was and the dirt where the lighthouse was (That's the best I can do).

So weird! Sorry this happened to you! ;.;

Its fine :/ although I have to use all the bells I was saving up for another one.

When you placed the house... Nook may have said 'I have to remove a PWP first'
If you said yes, that would explain why

Does.. he really say that??

When you make a new character their houses are capable of removing PWPs whenever you build it! So if you built it too close Nook will say he has to demolish the PWP in order to build your house (similar to removing plants and trees)

Aww crap I guess he did -_- I skimmed through all the text. Well then this was just a stupid accident. No glitch. Although I wish he wouldn't do that.

Last edited:
ya he says it :c
When I was doing the same thing, i put my 2nd character's house too close to my well, and he demolished it (weirdly enough, he'll tear down a PWP, but not the randomly spawning breakable rock -_-) Thankfully i just had to move my house over 1 tile so Nook wouldn't demolish my well for real.

ya he says it :c
When I was doing the same thing, i put my 2nd character's house too close to my well, and he demolished it (weirdly enough, he'll tear down a PWP, but not the randomly spawning breakable rock -_-) Thankfully i just had to move my house over 1 tile so Nook wouldn't demolish my well for real.

I can't believe Nook has the power to do that. I mean he doesn't let animal villagers do it so I wouldn't have expected it. Excuse my language but what a ****.

Also I gotta add its weird because he'll do it faster than Isabelle, free without charge. So yeah, to heck with all this.

Last edited:
It's because Tom Nook was sent from the underworld to make your wallet cry tears of agony and make your life 20% not cooler. He raised children only to send them off to work 12 hours per day and force them to sell things to you. Reese is in cahoots with him. Wanna know where Reese gets all those bells? She works with Nook and takes some of your money. In return, any money Cyrus makes goes to Nook. Reese doesn't like Cyrus. She married him because he could make money and that's what Master Nook needed.

*coughs loudly*

Sorry to hear that! D: The lighthouse is pretty expensive too..

Yep this, it's actually a good trick to demolish PWPs instantly without paying the fee

I think it's an awesome exploit if you're careful. I had a zen bell and a tire toy right where I wanted a path. Instead of waiting a total of three days to have them gone, I had a house put between them and they were instantly gone. I tried to do the same to my lighthouse, but it was too close to everything for Nook to put a house there. So, I'll have to go through the regular channels for that one.

On a related note, I found an annoying little thing you should all be warned about. If you are expecting a new villager to show up, and you order a PWP demolished the night before he gets there because that's where you want his plot to go, you will be out of luck. I reset for hours to get Erik in a little neighborhood with Mott and Gala, and I had demolished a windmill that was in the way. His house would NOT be place there. So, I chose somewhere else and was going to put my temporary house where the windmill had been, and Nook said, "I'll have to demolish the PWP here if that's okay." So, 6am the day after you order a PWP gone, it's gone, but the game doesn't fully register that fact.

Wow, seriously did not know this was possible. I have to remember to be careful.

Something kinda similar happened to me. I was making snowmen, and i made a snow boy next to my snow tyke - they were kinda close by.

I went around my town, - didn't tt or anything. when I came back to the spot the snow boy was gone. I think it happens if you put two things a little too close together?

that happened to me today- i built bingoman next to roost

that happened to my stonehenge circle :c i placed my second character's house too close and poof, it was gone. sorry it happened to you as well :(

Back