My beautiful town...GONE.

autumneffect

Magically delicious.
Bells
You guys. The worst thing has happened. I extracted my SD card from my 3DS (XL) and plugged it into my computer to copy all my AC photos and my AC data (as a backup). The problem? Oh...I forgot to turn off my DS before taking it out. So now when I try to play AC, it gives me an error and says it's going to delete my save data.

You have no idea how sick I am. I've put months of EVERY DAY play into this game and I finally had a pretty awesome town, all the gold tools, etc. And now it's all GONE because I was stupid. *wails*

I'm so sad I might actually cry IRL.

That's terrible. : (
Don't feel bad about being upset, it's natural to be sad about losing something you've spent so much time on. Now you have the opportunity to rebuild it with a lot more experience and knowledge, so it's bound to turn out better.
If you need any help getting fruit, tools, furniture, ect just pm me and I'll see what I can do to help. : )

oh my god, i'm so sorry this happened to you :c i don't even know what to say. this is probably one of the worst nightmares of all ac:nl players out there...

If you need any help getting fruit, tools, furniture, ect just pm me and I'll see what I can do to help. : )

same here, i'd be glad to help you out!

That's terrible. : (
Don't feel bad about being upset, it's natural to be sad about losing something you've spent so much time on. Now you have the opportunity to rebuild it with a lot more experience and knowledge, so it's bound to turn out better.

oh my god, i'm so sorry this happened to you :c i don't even know what to say. this is probably one of the worst nightmares of all ac:nl players out there...

same here, i'd be glad to help you out!

Wow...thank you both so much. I still haven't given up on it yet....I'm scouring the internet to see if there's a way to fix it...but if I do have to start over, I will definitely keep you both in mind. Your generosity has definitely made me feel a little better about it.

*le sigh* Gosh...I just can't believe this happened - and it was MY fault!

I'm not sure you can fix it, I got a corrupted save file on my game a couple weeks ago. It'll all work out, I love my new town even more than my first one.

I'm not sure you can fix it, I got a corrupted save file on my game a couple weeks ago. It'll all work out, I love my new town even more than my first one.

I've had mine error out at least twice now but it always came back after some old school blowing on the cartridge and SD card and stuff...but this time I think it's just gone. I can't find a single thing on the internet on how to fix it or get it back.

You have no idea how devastated I am. Uuuugggghhhh. I'll brood over this for months even though there's nothing I can do about it. Well, I'm going to save the SD card that came with the DS XL and see if maybe Nintendo can help. I'll start over with a fresh card, I guess.

Digital copy? I am truly sorry to hear what happen to your game. If there is anything you need for help, don't worry about asking around in the forum =) there is alot of people willing to help you. I am going to join both of them too =D but yea maybe wasn't that bad to rebuild a better town with more experience :) think from the bright side!

Could you copy the backup back to the SD card and see if that works? I usually make a new folder with the date and backup to a different place (ie, January 2 2014 might be my first save folder, January 24 2014 my second) and then keep different dates for a little while. If you didn't do that, I guess it doesn't help this time. But, if the data was corrupted when you took the SD card out, I guess the backup would be no better.

Could you copy the backup back to the SD card and see if that works? I usually make a new folder with the date and backup to a different place (ie, January 2 2014 might be my first save folder, January 24 2014 my second) and then keep different dates for a little while. If you didn't do that, I guess it doesn't help this time. But, if the data was corrupted when you took the SD card out, I guess the backup would be no better.

Yeah, tried this...didn't work. I was dumb and never made backups until now. I never even thought about until tonight when I went to transfer the pics...and the night I finally think about is the night I lose everything. Womp womp.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Digital copy? I am truly sorry to hear what happen to your game. If there is anything you need for help, don't worry about asking around in the forum =) there is alot of people willing to help you. I am going to join both of them too =D but yea maybe wasn't that bad to rebuild a better town with more experience :) think from the bright side!

Hmm...where would I even go to ask for help? I don't want to seem like a beggar....but some of the things I lost...it will take months to get them back. It's just kind of disheartening how much work I have ahead of me.

Last edited:
Hmm...where would I even go to ask for help? I don't want to seem like a beggar....but some of the things I lost...it will take months to get them back. It's just kind of disheartening how much work I have ahead of me.

i understand your frustration and your worry about seeming like a beggar but honestly... i've met so many great people on here who're willing to help out with furniture, fruit, bells and clothing... just post a thread in re-tail, explain your situation and the problem that came from it and ask people to give what they can afford. i mean, look - just in this thread three people have offered help. i'm sure there'd be many more if they were aware of your situation.

also - giveaways. there's a couple of them going on right now, maybe join a few to snatch some things you lost.

keep your chin up!

For like I can sponsor some bells,fruit,orderables at startup =D most probably I think bells is most important as you move in to the town penniless. I am going to complete my fossil collection and can give yoi all the others also some silver tools~

i understand your frustration and your worry about seeming like a beggar but honestly... i've met so many great people on here who're willing to help out with furniture, fruit, bells and clothing... just post a thread in re-tail, explain your situation and the problem that came from it and ask people to give what they can afford. i mean, look - just in this thread three people have offered help. i'm sure there'd be many more if they were aware of your situation.

also - giveaways. there's a couple of them going on right now, maybe join a few to snatch some things you lost.

keep your chin up!

For like I can sponsor some bells,fruit,orderables at startup =D most probably I think bells is most important as you move in to the town penniless. I am going to complete my fossil collection and can give yoi all the others also some silver tools~

You all are really going to make me cry. Thank you so much, everyone. You can bet I'll be making regular backups from now on (the RIGHT way). For now, I need to go find someone who's awake and will let me come use their Shampoodles. My new character looks ratchet right now, lol.

I have shampoodle but currently i don't have wifi linked to mg 3ds x.x only can use my phone to online >< u shld try train station!

- - - Post Merge - - -

Oh ya btw since you just reset I would suggest you to get your popular dreamie as primary villagers =D or!! Go try plot reset(i not sure if it will reset villager) it will be one easy way for you to manage your town landscape later! Haha that's what I think if one day I am crazy enough to reset my town.

Awwww poor you! I would cry to. Something similar happend to my friend and she was also really sad but now she is even happier with her new town! :)

If I can help you for example with furniture, bells or something else let me know ^-^

Also have shampoodle :) It's 10 am here :3

Last edited:
*huggles* If there's anything I can do to help, PM me and I'll see what I can do for you ^.^

Oh no, im happy to help as well,i have all fruit, can order some furniture for you, i can also give you bells and have shampoodles. Im online most of the day just pm me first :)

Last edited:
Aww that's really horrible, I'm sorry! :( Pekoe is currently living in my 'breeding/cycling' town so I can try to TT her out for you, if you still want her? And if you need anything else (bells, furniture, bushes, flowers ~hybrids~, ..), please PM me, I'd be happy to help you.

I'm so sorry that happened!! But everything will turn out okay and like other people have said, maybe it's a blessing in disguise! It's likely that you might like this town a lot more and you have all this previous experience to help you! Anyway, if you need ANYTHING at all, PM me I'd be glad to help! :)

I have some hybrid roses and some bamboo :D PM me if you need some :)

Back