Museum Shop Exhibition Room Ideas?

lPeachy

The Cutest AC Fiend
Bells
So I saw a thread on here ages ago talking about something similar but it's probably sunken to the deep dark depths of this place...
and also I just want a fresh convo about it!

What do you guys do with your museum shop exhibition rooms?

I know some people were making little "apartments" for some of the NPC's and I LOVE that idea! I plan to give Isabelle an adorable little apartment up there because girl deserves it~
but what else is there to do that doesn't involve using them as just storage?

In my first town I used it as storage for landscaping items and other random junk
In Lorien i'm thining I'll treat it as a full apartment complex with 2-3 NPC "houses" plus maybe like a laundry room or little convenience store? (What else would be in an apartment complex?)
In Aconite... I have 0 plans for them at all

I'd love to hear what you all personally use them for as well as other fun ideas for them in general!

Hey I did a retro style museum with all the nintendo items from fortune cookies! might open more rooms to add more nintendo items

I use my museum exhibits to create rooms that I want to make but that don't really fit as part of my town/characters' houses. The museum gives me 4 extra rooms to decorate with no restrictions so I can just have fun. Currently, I have the following rooms in my museum:

- Mushroom Kingdom
A Nintendo-themed (mostly Mario-themed) room using the fortune cookie items.

- Memories
A room for displaying all the pictures I've received of NPCs and past and present villagers.

- A Bug's Life
A relaxing foresty room filled with furniture from the Bug Off.

- Under the Sea
An underwater room meant to look like the ocean floor littered with debris from a shipwreck and ancient civilizations.

I have a room for the gold series, the sloppy/cardboard series, nintendo items, and Zelda items. I'll be taking down the gold series and nintendo room however, and will be replacing them with others things, like maybe a game room, or a torture chamber (LOL), or maybe another Zelda room since I just LOVE Zelda soo much and would love to use all the items in the game :)

I use my museum exhibits to create rooms that I want to make but that don't really fit as part of my town/characters' houses. The museum gives me 4 extra rooms to decorate with no restrictions so I can just have fun. Currently, I have the following rooms in my museum:

- Mushroom Kingdom
A Nintendo-themed (mostly Mario-themed) room using the fortune cookie items.

- Memories
A room for displaying all the pictures I've received of NPCs and past and present villagers.

- A Bug's Life
A relaxing foresty room filled with furniture from the Bug Off.

- Under the Sea
An underwater room meant to look like the ocean floor littered with debris from a shipwreck and ancient civilizations.
Cute! That totally makes sense to use it that way, I'm just so stuck on following some sort of theme i'd never be able to let myself go hog wild on the decorating. I feel lost when i go that route.
But those sound like mega fun and cute rooms!

The sloppy/cardboard room is kind of like a little apartment for visitors. It's rent free and allows you to visit the town without worrying about accommodations :)

I have a room for the gold series, the sloppy/cardboard series, nintendo items, and Zelda items. I'll be taking down the gold series and nintendo room however, and will be replacing them with others things, like maybe a game room, or a torture chamber (LOL), or maybe another Zelda room since I just LOVE Zelda soo much and would love to use all the items in the game :)

Oh my goodness I love that you have a sloppy/cardboard room because I always feel like a lazy villager would totally try and pass those items off as like some new-age art that they made and so having a full museum room of it brings that to life even more!

Displaying nintendo items up there also seem to be a theme so far!

You could have a restaurant in one of them. It's pretty common for museums to have restaurant/cafeteria areas to relax in.

I haven't done it yet, but I was thinking about making one of my rooms be an observatory, in homage to Celeste's Wild World past.

You could have a restaurant in one of them. It's pretty common for museums to have restaurant/cafeteria areas to relax in.

I haven't done it yet, but I was thinking about making one of my rooms be an observatory, in homage to Celeste's Wild World past.

I was actually thinking of celeste as my second NPC with an apartment up there to do the exact same thing! Give her a cute little space themed room. I really miss that aspect of WW, I wish they had carried it over to NL but oh well

Last edited:
Oh geez an apartment for an NPC is a great idea! Currently I have a Japanese/Asian themed artifacts exhibit with the samurai weaponry etc. I have a Zelda themed room and an egg/pave room. The other room is just for storage right now.

Oh geez an apartment for an NPC is a great idea! Currently I have a Japanese/Asian themed artifacts exhibit with the samurai weaponry etc. I have a Zelda themed room and an egg/pave room. The other room is just for storage right now.

Ohh i really like the Asian artifacts exhibit idea! I never know what to do with those items... I actually can't recall using them a single time but they're super pretty and intricate! Perfect for the museum!

Ok I'm def thinking a museum room will be a good opportunity to put a lil 7-11 in my town!

Two will be storage and the other two will be ‘memorables’ & pics.
Kinda lame, I know, I’m not that much of a creative woman.

I just put all my clothes in the rooms lol. Not very creative I know

I typically just use them for storage, but I want to do more with them creatively when I'm not so focused on the rest of my town.

In one town I had started doing a sort of miniature/model Town with the different commemorative model furniture, Gulliver minis (arc de triomphe, Eiffel tour, etc), the Kapp'n minis, + the grass/tree/bush standee items. Then the Nintendogs as stand-ins for the villagers. I thought it was pretty cute and unique, but I reset the town so I'll have to start over, haha.

My museum room plans are probably gonna go:

1. Cafe/resteraunt. There's too much stuff in game to not have these somewhere but currently I don't see it fitting in a character house.
2. An NPC apartment. Not sure who yet, I'll figure it out.
3. A town history room! Fancy frames to display the town flag, etc. Just a very much 'This is all about my town' room.
4. No idea yet. Maybe another apartment?

Right now, my plan is to just fill my museum up with special event items, like holidays and such, that way I can free up my inventory, but I don't feel the need to do the events to earn all the furniture each year, lol

So far, I've only got the Easter room done, but that's because that's the only holiday I've had my town in this year. I'm sure I'll have a Mushroom/Thanksgiving/Christmas room too. My mushroom room might switch out between mushroom/bug-off/fishing tourney depending on what furniture I manage to collect, but we'll cross that bridge when we get to it, lol.

Here's what I have done with Exhibition Rooms in the Museum:

• Library - This was the first idea that I had in mind for one of the exhibition rooms. I wanted a place where my villagers can gain more knowledge, so I thought making a small library would be a good idea to make.

• Convenience Store - Decided to make a convenience store because I wanted my villagers to have access to cheaper food items whenever they're hungry. It was a high priority for me to create this room in one of the museum exhibition rooms.

• Arcade - Made this room because I wanted a fun place for villagers to hang-out and have fun with one another. Plus... There was lots of furniture that I can use to make my own arcade place and I sort miss being in one.

• Smoothie/Boba Place - Created this place because I wanted another hang-out spot for villagers besides the Roost Cafe (PWP) and the Arcade Place (Exhibition Room). It's always good to have a variety of places for villagers to go.
One of the Exhibition Rooms used to be a shared place for Celeste and Blathers, but along the way I had decided that I wanted something else. Don't regret changing that room to fit a different idea. I based these room ideas on what I think my town needs. Though... I sort of feel like I should change one of the rooms to a coin laundry, but at the same time I feel like I should keep what I already have in place.

I wish the exhibition rooms were bigger and had more furniture capacity. Kind of feel like I need something more for the rooms.

Last edited:
In my main town I've used 3 of the rooms to store all of the gyroids except the Brewteroids which are in my Club LOL. The last room is "Gulliver's Travels" and has all of the items you can get from Gulliver in it. I haven't really done anything with the rooms in my 2nd town because I'm still focused on the town itself. I don't plan all collecting all the gyroids again so I'll have more space to work with. I love some of the ideas in here! They're so creative & have sparked my imagination!

Back