• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

Museum room ideas?

I think that it's really cool when people put in actual museum type exhibits into those rooms (if you're not planning on using them for storage). Like a room that's a natural history museum exhibit (not sure how that would work-- but someone could figure that), or someone earlier mentioned a history of the town. If you have a particular interest in a certain subject area like ornithology or contemporary art, that's something you could incorporate into a room.
Or! I think that (just like in real museums) you could have a cool research lab or a movie theater or an office that belongs to a scientists who searches the far corners of the world in search of the best marine specimens. Something cool or unique like that.

- - - Post Merge - - -

oh and I just thought that an art studio could be cool! like a room where it looks like an artist is working on a painting could be really cute

I think that it's really cool when people put in actual museum type exhibits into those rooms (if you're not planning on using them for storage). Like a room that's a natural history museum exhibit (not sure how that would work-- but someone could figure that), or someone earlier mentioned a history of the town. If you have a particular interest in a certain subject area like ornithology or contemporary art, that's something you could incorporate into a room.
Or! I think that (just like in real museums) you could have a cool research lab or a movie theater or an office that belongs to a scientists who searches the far corners of the world in search of the best marine specimens. Something cool or unique like that.

- - - Post Merge - - -

oh and I just thought that an art studio could be cool! like a room where it looks like an artist is working on a painting could be really cute

Nice ideas! Yeah I already have a library and I'm thinking of also doing a science lab/classroom and a hospital room. That way it would reflect what I'm interested in. I really want a mad scientist wearing the Shrunk jacket.

I initially wanted to do standard museum things and had a planetarium and ancient Egypt exhibit, but I got a bit bored with it and wanted stuff that looked more interactive.

Nice ideas! Yeah I already have a library and I'm thinking of also doing a science lab/classroom and a hospital room. That way it would reflect what I'm interested in. I really want a mad scientist wearing the Shrunk jacket.

I initially wanted to do standard museum things and had a planetarium and ancient Egypt exhibit, but I got a bit bored with it and wanted stuff that looked more interactive.

Oh a hospital room could be really really cool! That reminds me of like a medical history museum.
Also, even though you got rid of your planetarium and Egypt exhibit, those are SUPER cool ideas imo!!!

maybe you could do some apartment type stuff ? like little studios or something.
I wish i could do stuff like that but im currently using them for storage :'(

Someone on tumblr made an office for Celeste, and one for Blathers. I wish I remembered what their username is, because the two rooms were really well done.

I've started a Mario/Nintendo room and Balloon room. I don't think there's enough balloon furniture to fill an exhibit room though so I may merge it.

Sushi room would be cool, I'm turning one of my villager houses into a cafe.

I may dedicate a room for Zelda stuff but I'm not sure how much furniture is Zelda themed.

The Reggie room.

A room filled with faces of our Nintendo lord and savior, Reggie Fils-Aim?.

You may bring food into the room, to feed our glorious Nintendo lord.

I love these ideas. :) I have all the miniature dinosaurs on display in one room. Other than that, it's pretty much just storage.

I've been using mine to store/display my princess set (with mannequin dressed as a princess) and a mockup of a 7/11 store :3 my other 2 rooms simply hold various wigs/hats and sets of matching outfits. What I really want to do is move out all those things and make each room seasonal, so a fall/autumn room (maybe beginning of school), a winter (maybe Xmas) room, a summer in the sun room, etc. …

I just kind of gave up after a while because nobody who visited my town would wander to the museum and dream visitors can't see it even if they wanted to :(

I use all my museum displays. One is a caf?, with the refurbished rococo set. One is a gift shop, with the gorgeous set and different coloured refurbished bears. One is a patisserie with all the cake items. And the last I use as a vault for extra bell bags. It has the golden wall and floor and some treasure chests from the island gift shop.

I love the idea of a sushi room, its a great idea. I might attempt one in my second town.

Mine are closets one room for tops, pants, stocking and shops, hats and glasses.
I want to do something different with them though.

I have a room of firsts: first tools, holiday items, fortune cookie items, etc.

I made an armory out of one of my exhibit rooms (I don't have a screenshot because I'm storing my perfect apples in there right now and I'm not sure if it's complete yet or if I'm going to add on to it) because my town is based loosely off of a place in Dragon Age: Inquisition and I thought it'd be quite fitting to have an armory in my town. Another room I based it on a tavern in the game:
HNI_0084 (2).JPGHNI_0085 (2).JPGHNI_0090 (2).JPG

And in spite of my medieval theme, I wanted to make a souvenir/convenience store with my 7-11 set (one of my favorite sets, if not my favorite one):

HNI_0092.JPGHNI_0093 (3).JPG
I added a candy jar and cd player playing "Go K.K. Rider" relatively recently.

Right now my third museum exhibit is holding my bushes and pine tree saprolings and some items I'm going to give my villagers; and the pictures of the villagers that moved out of my town. I'm still debating what I want to do with this one.

Originally, before I made the tavern room, I wanted to have a cultural exhibit since I love history and learning about other cultures, but I didn't like how it looked; I used hats and outfits in addition to Gulliver's items. (It would've been nice to be able to put some of the items on a table like the arc de triomphe on a table).

I hope posting these screenshots help give you some ideas. Also, I like your library exhibit room idea :] and the movie theatre exhibit idea. :)

If I think of some more ideas, I'll post again in this thread. :)

[Btw, I visited your dream town recently and I just wanted to tell you that it's very beautiful and I love the layout ^.^]

I love decorating the museum rooms!! It's a shame dream town visitors can't see them : ( At the moment my north west room is a plant cafe, and my south west room is a rotating sushi bar. My north east room is a spa with a reception and waiting area and massage tables (i love it) and in the last room I'm currently collecting ores because I have nowhere else to put them....

I'll suggest a theme room with furniture that you can only find in the current season.
like a birthday partie with the ice series.

Last edited:

Nice, those look great! I love rooms that look interactive like that. I also tried to do a cultural exhibit and found the Gulliver items just didn't look fantastic all together on display.

And thanks so much for the compliment I really appreciate that! Mitzi told me about meeting you in a dream :)

Back