• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Most hated flower?

Orange cosmos for me. They just look so dull, it's almost just not even worth it for it to be hybrid, looks much much worse than a non-hybrid of any kind really to be honest, ugly and they just look like that they're dying. Any other hybrid, I've learned to work around, but those, those still bother me quite a bit and I try not to use them too much when I'm landscaping (or I was landscaping, so "was landscaping" technically lol")

Hehe after reading these comments, I think my town would be a nightmare to some people. It has a red, yellow, orange, and brown/black color sceme. With tons of Cosmos and Pansies, since they have "the best" orange flowers to me. Lilies are around the two lakes I have too. :p
I choose that color arrangement because not many people were doing it, plus it looks great in the fall months.

I don't like white pansies or blue flowers because I want to stick with my color sceme. Same with pink and purple, though I like those colors. I even have some white roses and cosmos to match the holly bushes when they are in their first stage.

To answer the OP though, I don't really have a hated flower, I kinda like them all even violets.

Edit:
Wait, nevermind. If dandilions count, I don't like them. If only because they are difficult to decorate with.

Last edited:
Violets are too droopy for me. The blues are OK, and the purples I can live with, but they yellows and especially the whites I've had enough of. I don't even like the shape in my inventory. I didn't think much of cosmos either, but I have some orange ones by my campsite and white ones in the same area around my picnic blanket. They are both starting to grow on me, as long as they don't migrate out of that area!

I'm not keen at all on any yellow flowers in the game but I'm especially not fond of the yellow pansies. They don't really appear in my town an awful lot since I don't have a patch full of pansies, but when they do appear, I just attack them with the shovel straight away.

I love white cosmos and yellow roses. I think lilies and violets are my least favorite - their shapes and colors just lack... something.

Violets in particular have an awful thumbnail, too.

Hehe after reading these comments, I think my town would be a nightmare to some people. It has a red, yellow, orange, and brown/black color sceme. With tons of Cosmos and Pansies, since they have "the best" orange flowers to me. Lilies are around the two lakes I have too. :p
I choose that color arrangement because not many people were doing it, plus it looks great in the fall months.

I don't like white pansies or blue flowers because I want to stick with my color sceme. Same with pink and purple, though I like those colors. I even have some white roses and cosmos to match the holly bushes when they are in their first stage.

To answer the OP though, I don't really have a hated flower, I kinda like them all even violets.

Edit:
Wait, nevermind. If dandilions count, I don't like them. If only because they are difficult to decorate with.

You're town sounds pretty! :) I love orange flowers myself but if I had to choose a least favorite it would have to be yellow and white flowers (of any kind). Those are not my favorite colors. :/

Orange cosmos without a doubt. So ugly.

I don't like the cosmos in general, though I do have patches of pink and white ones that I think look pretty swell.

I'm not a big fan of the black flowers because I can't come up with a good way to incorporate them into my town. I've got a little Halloween theme going in one area, but after October, I'm back to stashing them all on the beach til I either sell em or figure something out.

Cosmos. I've never liked them in any of the AC games. I also don't really care for any of the black hybrids, mainly because they look like dark red rather than black. It annoys me for some reason.

I don't like any yellow flowers at all, idek it's just a thing I have, they just look ugly. But I have too many yellow flowers.

Luckily, the flowers that spread like wildfire for me are roses and I do love the roses. I don't really like how the yellow violets look or how the black lillies look. In fact, the only lilly I really like is probably the white one. No idea why.

I am not a fan of cosmos, especially with beautiful town set...I find them ugly especially plain white. Most white flowers am not a fan other than Lillie's and Roses.

I don't know why my villagers constantly plant yellow versions of any flower they put down. I have no other yellow flowers in my town. I'll march right over and shovel 'em up every time I see them do it. You think they'd get the hint after a year.

Do you have a flower in your town that just spreads like wildfire? Or just a flower you don't like in general?

For me it's cosmos. They're EVERYWHERE in my town. Out of all the flowers, they're the ones I have the most of.

I hate cosmos in general too, but I also hate yellow flowers. (Ironically I do have yellow roses in place as a path to my home). I just don't like how they look at all. I don't get enough pink roses to balance out my red and white. I also need more white lilies and white and purple pansies.

Wow. I just changed my path design...now some of the flowers I liked best don't look as good. Apparently, part of what I liked was the combination of path/flower color. I have to rethink this question....

Back