Oarfish Head
Oarfish Body
Oarfish Tail
Jingle Christmas Doll
Holiday Candy Cane 2020
Christmas Candy
Black Hybrid Rose
Black Famous Mushroom
I found a royal crown at Able Sisters yesterday which got me thinking about what the most expensive outfit in the game is. I did some research and this is what I came up with for the most expensive outfit (only including items that can be purchased in-game with bells):

• Royal crown (1200000)
  • HMD / Labelle sunglasses (2000)
  • Handlebar mustache (1120)
  • Royal shirt (6720)
  • Noble pants (4300)
  • Labelle tights (1240)
  • Samurai greaves / Space boots / Zori (4300)
  • Traveler's backpack (2940)
  • Tool from Nook's Cranny (2500)

Total price: 1225120 bells

You can technically add 3000 bells to the total price by adding any wet suit, but then you'd be concealing your more expensive clothing. Surprisingly every clothing item in the game is pretty cheap except except for the crowns.

If you include unorderable items, then this is the most valuable outfit by sell price.

• Royal crown (300000)
  • Nook Inc. eye mask (2000)
  • Blue rose(s) / Gold rose(s)* (1000)
  • Gold armor (80000)
  • Nook Inc. socks (2000)
  • Gold-armor shoes (40000)
  • Shellfish pochette (10800)
  • Golden wand (20750)

Total value (sell price): 456550 bells

*Technically the outfit is worth more if you're wearing 10 roses or add a Nook Inc. wet suit, but there's no way for someone to tell you're wearing 10 roses and the wet suit covers up your much more valuable gold armor.

Obviously the most valuable outfit includes a lot of golden stuff, but also some odd stuff like the Nook Inc. eye mask and socks and a rose is the most valuable accessory for your mouth.

So if all you care about is showing people that you're loaded and you don't care if your outfit goes together, then these are the outfits that are worth the most (I think).

Last edited:
What makes the royal crown worth 3 mil?
It's not worth 3 mil. It sells for 300000 bells. You may have thought you saw an extra zero. I didn't use commas or periods since people in the U.S. and U.K. use punctuation for numbers differently.

The most valuable among other players is the DAL outfit set. It’s definitely the hardest to get as well.

Pirate clothing is also really sought after

wouldn't it just make sense to then multiply the second total by 4 to get the full value, including unorderables? since the sell price is literally treated as a quarter of the item's purchase value

wouldn't it just make sense to then multiply the second total by 4 to get the full value, including unorderables? since the sell price is literally treated as a quarter of the item's purchase value
You can do that, but I went with the sell price because the buying price is just a hypothetical value since you can't actually buy most of the items. Either way, it's the most valuable outfit in terms of total value.

The most valuable among other players is the DAL outfit set. It’s definitely the hardest to get as well.

Pirate clothing is also really sought after
I know that other clothing items sell for more on the online market, but market value and rarity are subjective and change over time. For whatever reason, those items don't sell for much at Nook's Cranny. Those items can be acquired for free in-game, so they're technically not expensive; they're just hard to get.

Back