most annoying acnl features?

are there any features or quirks of acnl/animal crossing in general that really annoy the poop out of you?

for me, it's probably the restrictions on landscaping. such as the limit on bushes/tree in a 7x7 area or whatever the hell it is. or the fact that cedar trees can't grow in the southern part of the map -- like, hello????? how does that even make any sense????? why is that a thing????? am i missing something????? i just can't think of any logical reason for this existing tbh. it's just so unnecessary and doesn't serve any purpose.

another thing that annoys me is probably the fact that the nooklings ask you if you know how to use wrapping paper every single time you try and buy it. /sheds a single tear

pls timmy......... pls just sell me the fkin paper
p6chN3K.png

Rock placement, small pockets. x_x

It drives me NUTS that you can't place paths in front of doors. Why?? WHY is that a thing?

I also wish you could place some pwps a little closer to each other. (Like lamp posts next to buildings.)

It drives me NUTS that you can't place paths in front of doors. Why?? WHY is that a thing?

I also wish you could place some pwps a little closer to each other. (Like lamp posts next to buildings.)

I ~think~ that it's some sort of technical thing.

i have to add from what i said before that now i'm i really really really starting to hate the fact that villager placement couldn't be any easier?? with the option to add patterns and people who actively landscape their towns you'd think they'd make plotting easier.

when u want to hold the pinwheel whilst walking but you keep stopping to blow air on it

The fact that Isabelle has more power in the town than me. uugh

The villager personalities are a lot more predictable and it's a little annoying. They don't have any real interests that they like to talk about and don't like. Like for example if Carmen didn't like pears specifically or the look of modern furniture, it would be really neat!!

I agree with almost everything you guys said too! Having only one skin tone, not being able to design other clothes besides shirts and dresses along with the limited storage space bugs me (= v =

Pretty much everything already said about PWP placement (closer together and should be able to rotate), no skin tone options, repetitive villager dialogue, and totally random plot placements. I also wish you could opt out of letters from mum/dad. I know that's an unpopular train of thought as most people like them, but I've always (in every game) found those letters to be unnecessary and annoying.

Last edited:
The wrapping paper questions or the tools question! Or when I have no more cupboard space, or room in my pockets? D;

- - - Post Merge - - -

and typing on that keyboard -.-

Grass erosion, like... seriously...! I hate it, hate, hate, hate it! But I'm glad that it works better in "New Leaf" than it did in "Let's go to the City", where it really looked horrible. But still, I feel that 90% of my time playing the game goes to watering flowers to make the grass grow and plant some more flowers... :mad: But luckily I don't have too much grass erosion in my game, I never run.

Oh, oh and I hate the fact that dirtpatches from under plots seems to regrow grass faster than the original patches from the start of the game. Some of them still haven't grown back, ugh.

Oh and that I can't place PWP's where I want them too! It's funny that you're a mayor in this game, but I don't get the feeling that I can do whatever I want, haha.

That's the only things that's annoying to me. Oh and then villagers that seems way too comfortable to move, even though I haven't talked to them for months!

Last edited:
I agree with all the posts though!! Especially the wrapping paper thing! And also the grass erosion.. it takes way too long for them to re-grow, and it looks so bad during winter.. (which is why I keep my town at spring for now..)

I have a odd perspective only playing New Horizons before buying NL a couple years ago

-I can't display anything outside that isn't a pwp
-storage. It's great compared to old games but after being used to NH and hoarding it's sooo small
- Villagers not moving in where we say and setting up randomly on top of trees. I have mods so it's tolerable but replacing my orchard after Wolf Link flattened half of it was annoying

I hate that you can't toss a letter out in your own home, but you can in a villager's home, or anywhere else, which is brazen hypocrisy.

- villagers can randomly plot their house ANYWHERE. i know there are some good tricks to getting villagers to go where u want them to go but still it is tedious and requires planning. every morning when i know a villager is moving in causes anxiety since i have to go in and reset if they plop their house where i don't want them to.
- grass erosions. cause like why.. i mean i get why but like why lol D:
- annoying space restrictions on PWP. gosh i could have some really cool designs if i could place PWP with more freedom
- qr code space. i'm always seeing such nice designs and having to delete some just to make space is unfortunate. sometimes i have pretty grand plans for pathing but not enough space to do it all.
- lack of storage. i ended up using my museum for storage which is not ideal since i run out of space there as well.... and i don't want to make another house for storage either if that doesn't fit my design.

- Flowers being able to wilt away.. also flowers being able to vanish if you or someone else runs on them
- Can't dig up and relocate bushes???
- Villagers being able to place their house practically anywhere
- Villagers leaving without warning
- Lack of space
- Grass deterioration
- Not having all the bridges unlocked from the start

Back