most annoying acnl features?

-strawberry

short & sweet(○゜ε^
Bells
Cake
Silver Mailbox
are there any features or quirks of acnl/animal crossing in general that really annoy the poop out of you?

for me, it's probably the restrictions on landscaping. such as the limit on bushes/tree in a 7x7 area or whatever the hell it is. or the fact that cedar trees can't grow in the southern part of the map -- like, hello????? how does that even make any sense????? why is that a thing????? am i missing something????? i just can't think of any logical reason for this existing tbh. it's just so unnecessary and doesn't serve any purpose.

another thing that annoys me is probably the fact that the nooklings ask you if you know how to use wrapping paper every single time you try and buy it. /sheds a single tear

pls timmy......... pls just sell me the fkin paper
p6chN3K.png

Last edited:
few things i wish they did like get more space for lockers .Get more space for qr codes as well paths can take lot of that space
Its a pain some times that ur picking up a item then you erase your pattern on the floor .I wish we can move villager to where we want them be,No jk 2 villager move in and kill my flowers!!!! I aslo think the wrapping paper is annoying when he ask again and again. >_ > other then that i love the game ..I may list more lol :lemon:

Last edited:
I totally agree with the wrapping paper thing. Long time ago I held a streetpass items giveaway for my train station upgrade and had to wrap like 50-60 presents. Every single time the raccoon would ask me if I knew how to use the wrapping paper. I was like 'Omg. Really. You asked me like 40 times and I said no. So stop asking. Or I will wrap you too' XD

Oh and yea, I really wish I could hold more QR codes..

-Timmy and Tommy always asking if I know how to use the wrapping paper

-Accidentally erasing a pattern off the ground when you're picking up something

-Villagers moving RIGHT ON TOP of my perfect apple orchard! Wish I can choose where I want them to move

-When Isabelle says my spot for a new PWP is too close to the river/someone's house/a bridge/another PWP when I KNOW there's plenty of space!

i hate how timmy keeps asking me if i know how to use wrapping paper every single time i buy it, it's so annoying af. i wish i could just buy it in bulk.
i also don't like the bush/tree restrictions either, i get it was a preventative measure from players trapping other characters but it's really infuriating how i have these little gaps in my paths. 3:
it's not really a quirk but it would be really nice to be able to design pants/shorts/skirts without having to use a dress as a base.

I wish we could hold more QR codes. I also hate the cedar tree thing and the thing with the bushes. So annoying! I also wish we could pick where we want villagers to place their houses. And i wish there was a way, if you lay down a path, you can lock it so you dont accidentally pick it back up. OH ANDDDDD i wish when you had a pattern under a tree and you shake the fruit off, that it wouldn't make the fruit disappear.

>more qr code space
>the asking every time thing

but really i wish we could choose where people moved in pfft

H'OKAY. Leif. Let's cut the crap. You know I'm gonna be back tomorrow to buy every bush start you have. Why don't you just make this easier and stock up on those things, rather than just selling me two a day, every day, forever. No? Okay.

are there any features or quirks of acnl/animal crossing in general that really annoy the poop out of you?

for me, it's probably the restrictions on landscaping. such as the limit on bushes/tree in a 7x7 area or whatever the hell it is. or the fact that cedar trees can't grow in the southern part of the map -- like, hello????? how does that even make any sense????? why is that a thing????? am i missing something????? i just can't think of any logical reason for this existing tbh. it's just so unnecessary and doesn't serve any purpose.

another thing that annoys me is probably the fact that the nooklings ask you if you know how to use wrapping paper every single time you try and buy it. /sheds a single tear

pls timmy......... pls just sell me the fkin paper
p6chN3K.png

The southern part of the map is "tropical" I guess.

The 7x7 tree/bush thing is ****ing stupid. I agree.

i def agree with most of y'all, especially the more qr code thing and more storage space in general. for a game about collecting, acnl doesn't have that much space to keep the collectibles.

i also wish we could choose where villagers moved in. plot resetting is getting on my nerves. >:c hmmph

Last edited:
• I hate the grass erosion. It looks bad when there's grass, but even worse in the snow.

• I need more storage space. My clothing alone takes up ⅔ of it!

• I don't mind not being able to choose who moves in, but I'd like the final word on where they move.

• I don't like the summer tans. My mayor got way too dark last year and I looked weird. I've read that you can carry an umbrella to prevent tanning, but what a pain! #Laziness

1. Tanning. It's annoying for players who want to be dark-skinned to have to repeatedly hang out on the beach while light skinned players don't have to do anything. There needs to be some sort of way to choose a different skin tone at the beginning of the game. I'm not totally dark-skinned but I know there are lots of brown/black girls who would probably feel left out because their skin tone has to be attained in an annoying process.

2. Villager Plots
I've wasted so much time trying to get my villagers to move in a certain place (okay, not exactly Nintendo's fault but still). We should be able to choose where plots go, and then villagers move into one of those pre-chosen plots.

3. Changing Names
I'm so anal about my town names. I always change my mind, so I wish there was an option where I could change town names without having to contemplate resetting.

Tanning, storage, picking up path by accident because I want to pick something else off the ground, all of that.

I hate that we have to hit 'make a donation' to donate a fossil after Blathers assesses if only one or two out of however many he is assessing is not in the museum. It's an unnecessary step. All the NPCs that aren't villagers talk too much, especially Tommy and Timmy.

I don't like the fact that the Able Sisters' store is open in order to use the QR Sewing machine. Worse, when you start as a new villager after you got the QR sewing machine, Sable pretends it doesn't exist until the day you can use it...

The cedar trees and tree planting makes sense to me?? the cedars are more winter-y northern kinda feeling maybe (ok maybe this one doesn't make sense to me but i see where it's coming from) and the tree planting limit so you can still navigate around your town

I wish patterns could stay where they are even if they're saved at able sisters and we could pick villager plots (or that they'd at least be set at the beginning of the game so you can work around them from the get go)

- I hate that you can't hold more than 2.6m bells at a time. it's so annoying!
- I hate that you can't place a bridge within 10 squares away from a villager. But a villager cant put down their house 2 squares from a bridge

Oh yeah I forgot to mention tanning xD. I'm in late August right now and I'm carrying an umbrella & wearing a cucumber pack just to prevent/slow the tanning. I look pretty stupid in cucumber pack. Stitches keep asking if I'm saving the cucumbers for a snack later or if it's from my leftover lunch...LOL how cucumber and lemon packs magically prevent tanning? It doesn't really make sense either. Lol

Back