Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate.

Can you find somewhere when new DLC comes out, or when there is stuff to find in the gift area?

Well, it comes out on the first Friday of each month (until whenever), but they'll usually announce the upcoming DLC on their Facebook page. I assume it's the same with the gift area, although I missed that personally until about a week before it ended.

Apex diablos seems like a fast zenith gem farming place. People say it has low health

Yeah, it has low health. It also can be head locked pretty easy for quick runs. Basically you just attack the head constantly to stun/KO it, to diminish it's health. However, it won't actually go below 1hp, and will become "invincible" until it enters it's apex state. If you get it's health down low enough, one hit in apex state will kill it. It's a pretty easy way to farm.

Yeah, it has low health. It also can be head locked pretty easy for quick runs. Basically you just attack the head constantly to stun/KO it, to diminish it's health. However, it won't actually go below 1hp, and will become "invincible" until it enters it's apex state. If you get it's health down low enough, one hit in apex state will kill it. It's a pretty easy way to farm.

Oh thanks for the tip. Didn't actually know hitting the headed would kill it fast

Oh thanks for the tip. Didn't actually know hitting the headed would kill it fast

yea its a method called "head locking" or something. i've never really looked into it, but it works best with hammer users since they can KO it, so allows for easier damage.

of course, since its a flying wyvern, the pitfall trap x flash bomb combo works well, too.

I`m at HR7 now, playing the gathering hall solo and its clearly getting harder. I need to pass this and get to level HR40, so I can unlock the More Mohran quest, which I need to get this sweet EX Rathalos armor set.

After this though I can upgrade many of my weapons and armors, so it should get easier after. So I now prepared better for the quests, making ingredients to combine for extra potions.

all things added up, I already played over 200 hours. Talking about value for money.

Oh btw, thanks for the DLC tip, but I don`t use Facebook. So I guess I have to check it just every now and then, but knowing when new general DLC comes available is already nice to know. Thanks.

Ugh, Speartip Menace is a pain in the ass when you solo it. They recommend mostly greatsword, hammer or lance usage, but I`m all about dual blades. I tried it once and timed out, I didn`t die once though. I just did to little damage. I did`n`t realise when he curls around you can jump in his face though, it looked like it was to high to reach.

I think this is going to take a while. Sigh, That laser thing Dalamadur does really empties out the meter if you let it hit you.
Pfff, any of you guys had trouble with this one? I read even in parties online, people have a problem with him, because many people tend to die during the quest.

Does anyone want to play some monster hunter, I'm in g rank. If anyone from high/low rank wants to play, I'd be willing to throw on some weaker gear and join you.

(send me a pm)

Last edited:
For me its a toss up between Rathalos and Gore Magala.
Already noticed I need a Lagiacrus Sapphire for a weapon upgrade, but I don`t know if Lagi appears in this game or its attainable via trade. But when available, Lagi is also among my faves.

I like Rathalos most I think.

Already noticed I need a Lagiacrus Sapphire for a weapon upgrade, but I don`t know if Lagi appears in this game or its attainable via trade. But when available, Lagi is also among my faves.

Don't think it does. I thin to get the sapphire you have to trade it for something at the wycoon

Lagi isn't in the game, but the Lagi sapphire is obtainable via the wycoon by completing the 6* gathering hall quest " advanced: dragon attack" and can be traded for a gravios medulla

Since I`m stuck on Dalamadur, I found some useful info on the guy, some players mention these numbers so you can keep track of his health.

when he is at 50%, he starts breaking down the arena.
When down to 30%, he starts to stay in one position.
When he is at 10%, he starts dropping the blue bomblike things (they call them nodes), which you can mine.

The good news is, when this is true, both times I fought him I got him down to the last 10%. I must have been really close just now, since he was dropping those nodes for a long time. He just gets more difficult to hit since the nodes drop close around him. I need to find a way to do more damage to him when he is twined around the pillar. With dual blades it is hard to hit the face, so since the end of this last fight, I started hitting him just below that high plateau above which he hovers with his face, to hit him on the edge of the lower plateau in the gut.

I'm a noob when it comes to this game. I love playing it but the majority of the time I don't know what I'm doing, since this is pretty much my first game from the series.

When I play online with my friends, I read online that you're able to trade them materials, though when I went to trade my brother some I could only select the very cheap easily-obtained items and not useful things, like Kecha loot.

Does he have to be a higher level to receive these sort of items?
& can someone tell me how far into the story line I am? I've just been sent to kill this giant spider thing, which will allow these people to build me and my caravan crew a boat.

? can`t play online due to wrong router, so I`m not sure about the trading, I don`t think you can trade items that are rare, you couldn`t in MH3 Ultimate atleast.

And the spider thingy (Seltas Queen or Nerscylla?), is not that far in the game. You have a pretty long (and fun!) road ahead of you. :) Although the storyline is a bit obscure when you weigh it against or the formidable foes you still got to defeat. As much as I enjoyed the storyline, lot of humor, its not really about the story for me.

I'm a noob when it comes to this game. I love playing it but the majority of the time I don't know what I'm doing, since this is pretty much my first game from the series.

When I play online with my friends, I read online that you're able to trade them materials, though when I went to trade my brother some I could only select the very cheap easily-obtained items and not useful things, like Kecha loot.

Does he have to be a higher level to receive these sort of items?
& can someone tell me how far into the story line I am? I've just been sent to kill this giant spider thing, which will allow these people to build me and my caravan crew a boat.

You can't trade monster materials online with friends, or anyone. The only items you can trade are items to help people on quests like potions, hot/cool drinks, antidotes, etc... Monster materials can't be traded and have to be farmed by the user.

Storyline wise I'd say you're probably 1/4 of the way through, maybe even 1/5. Kinda hard to say how much you've progressed since like everyone plays through at a different pace etc... but yea i'd say 1/4 - 1/5 is accurate, since you're only just at the start of low rank

I finally beat Dalamadur.... As hard as it was, I can imagine its hard as well when you do it with others, since the dragonbreath can pretty much instant kill anyone. How did you guys beat him? With a team of 2 or 3 or also solo?

I finally beat Dalamadur.... As hard as it was, I can imagine its hard as well when you do it with others, since the dragonbreath can pretty much instant kill anyone. How did you guys beat him? With a team of 2 or 3 or also solo?
I actually found a good team when going up against him. We did it once and never died. Wait until you fight gog

Last edited:
Back