• It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate.

killed my bae chameleos and got 1 gem from the shiny and 3 from the body carve LOL #luck

and just spent 2 days charm resetting for a +5 handicraft talismin, I managed to get one swag. It doens't have any slots tho, but comes with constitutn +7, which i can easily gem in, which is good since i'm a SA user

Last edited:
I had some serious trouble with the Stygian Zinogre + Seregios advanced quest in Caravan first two times, because of the Zinogre who hitted me hard. But then I changed equipment and I beat him using like a few megahealthpotions. I even got an umbrage out of it.

I`ve spend a lot of times upgrading all my dualswords.... I also made some nice Zingre U and Nerscylla Armor (Dragon and Water), to go with my Garuga (Fire defense) Armor. So now I should have all elements covered and can focus on upgrading them ,so I can use them for the largest part of the G rank quests in online mode (even though I`m just at level 3 or 4 now).

I only need jaspers for my thunder element dual blades.

Now I`m going to take a long break from hunting Stygian Zino`s.
BTW my Garuga set has HG Earplugs, Tremor Resistance, Negate Poison (I love this skill, seem to be many poisonous monsters), Razor Sharp and Critical Eye +1.

It is the ultimate Rathalos/Rathian set really.
Water element weapon.
Negate poison (Especially Rathalos move is a pain).
No tremor or roar stuns.
High fire and dragon element defense.

While waiting for handicraft, this is nice to fight with. I only miss autotracker, because I don`t like having to stroll to find the monster in the beginning, but I carved that out for the HG.

Now since I need jaspers, I might also make a Zinogre S armor set.`I`ll do do Zino double quest and probably will get loads of material anyways and it has quite some goods skills on it by default.

In short, I`ve been playing a lot. ^^

I only miss autotracker, because I don`t like having to stroll to find the monster in the beginning, but I carved that out for the HG.

autotracker isnt really a much needed skill. once you've played the game enough you'll learn what areas monsters start out in (further more what areas they can move to and from, and where they go to eat/rest, etc). also, the fact they brought the balloon back so you can wave at it and it'll mark the monster on your map for a few seconds if you have trouble finding it, makes this skill even more redundant than it was previously.

giving up that in order to gem in hg earplugs is defs the right move.

autotracker isnt really a much needed skill. once you've played the game enough you'll learn what areas monsters start out in (further more what areas they can move to and from, and where they go to eat/rest, etc). also, the fact they brought the balloon back so you can wave at it and it'll mark the monster on your map for a few seconds if you have trouble finding it, makes this skill even more redundant than it was previously.

giving up that in order to gem in hg earplugs is defs the right move.

I had no idea about the balloon move, thanks. Personally I find it hard to memorize all the monster patterns though, because there are so many (monsters) of them. I sometimes use the oracle food skill to help out. In the end a paintball fixes it to ofcourse once you found it. Especially flying monsters can be annoying when the paintball effect disappears just when he is leaving. But now I just throw them more.

I think psychic also lost a lot of value, because the Everwood doesn`t really ask for it. In Monster Hunter Tri psychic was often handy to quickly find spawning monsters when free hunting. I usually had a special few freehunt sets with psychic, customized for that.

Thought I'd post a reminder that the two downloadable item packs are no longer available after tomorrow. I only realised they existed a few days ago when I was searching for how to get armour stones more easily - you get 20 of them from the advanced pack, so if you need to create any true armour spheres it's a nice bonus - plus there's a nice lot of other useful items:

MH4U Support Pack:

50x Mega Potion
50x Honey
15x Mega Dash Juice
30x Mega Nutrients
10x Max Potion
20x Lifepowder
30x Disposable Earplugs
30x Tranq Bomb
20x Barrel Bomb L+
15x Pitfall Trap
15x Shock Trap
05x Ancient Potion

MH4U Advanced Pack:

30x Bomb Casing
10x Hard Armor Sphere
10x Heavy Armor Sphere
10x Energy Drink
10x Cathangea
15x Cathangeafish Fry
15x Scatterfish
05x Portable Steam Bomb
03x Dense Marcoal
05x Dust of Life
20x Armor Stone
3000x Caravan Points

Just go to your housekeeper, downloadable content and then the gift area - you can't download them from the main menu.

Man I wish I knew about that earlier, I could have really used the armor stones and spheres...

i just watched the video

thats such cheap BS the AC stuff is literally fish out a blue marlin......

i just watched the video

thats such cheap BS the AC stuff is literally fish out a blue marlin......

Ehh you have to catch the bombfish (forgot the name) to get access to the area it's at. The armor is decent but I'd still prefer using the other palico armors

Hello, I have a quick question about the Nerscylla and I'm hoping more experienced hunter's can help me. I'm farming it for spikes, but haven't gotten any. Are the spikes something that fall of as sparkles after breaking it's back? Or can I get them from body carves?

Hello, I have a quick question about the Nerscylla and I'm hoping more experienced hunter's can help me. I'm farming it for spikes, but haven't gotten any. Are the spikes something that fall of as sparkles after breaking it's back? Or can I get them from body carves?

You can get them as body carves, or as a reward at the end of the quest after breaking its crystals off. You also stand a better chance if you capture it.

You can get them as body carves, or as a reward at the end of the quest after breaking its crystals off. You also stand a better chance if you capture it.

Thank you! I forgot I can catch the monster to end the quest. I'll try capturing it and see how that goes. The game knows I want the item, so it's probably teasing me. :)

Nerscylla Body Carve 8%
Nerscylla Capture 25%
Nerscylla Break Poison Stinger 65%

You're best bet would be mounting it 2-3 times to break it's back. Additionally, there's also a 10% chance to get one in the rewards box of Nerscylla quests (this is for low rank quests, btw). You could also try breaking its back + capturing for an extra chance at getting it.

Also, farming online would also help, as generally speaking online hunts are a lot quicker than solo hunts.

Last edited:
DLC came out yesterday so dont forget to download it. i am downloading it right now and im gonna do a few quests to see if any of the stuff is any good

Can you find somewhere when new DLC comes out, or when there is stuff to find in the gift area?

Apex diablos seems like a fast zenith gem farming place. People say it has low health

Back