• TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

Moments When A Villager Scammed You!

JeffreyAC

Mudkip Member
Bells
Arcade Tokens
Purple Candy
Blue Candy
Green Candy
Red Candy
Yellow Candy
Tasty Cake
Apple (Fruit)
August Birthstone (Peridot)
Popsicle (TBT Beach Party)
Ice Cream Swirl (TBT Beach Party)
Let's share those moments when your goodness was really put to the test by your villagers.

I'll start:

* Frita just gave me the deal of my life, a Mango for just 1800 bells! :mad:

Fake art works... very rarely that I get genuine one. I have noticed that he Uchi girls start singing once you buy a fake art piece!

Villagers trying to sell you items at very high prices, lol.

Anyway, I buy these items even if I don't need the item. I find it rather funny.

yes, all the above happened to me too...

however I really felt 'scammed' (since unexpected) when Chief, only one day after his birthday, sold the present he got from me in Re-tail

talking: Dec 2013, when the arrow was very hard to find on forums etc

HNI_0084.jpg

ah well, I bought it back and gave it to him on this BD in 2014 (haha)...

Last edited:
I buy everything they sell unless I know it's one of their original furniture items! It's like villagers live to rek their own homes. I feel bad even when one original piece of furniture is missing from their home. I miss GC days ;w;..that's when villagers still had their own taste and didn't make their room into an aquarium..

The biggest scam any of my villagers tried to pull on me was when Punchy offered to trade my golden stag for his common wall.

What really annoyed me was not the initial offer (which I turned down) but the fact Punchy said I was "weird" for "not wanting to take such a great deal".

Charlise offered me a piece of artwork for an extortionate price - it later turned out to be fake.

Also, when I've just uncovered a piece of ore and I'm on my way back to store it in my house, villagers seem to ambush me and offer me 180 bells for it. No thanks!

More of a gamble than a scam but...
This happened in my old town. I took the chance.
Loss.JPG
I lost.

Last edited:
View attachment 96166
I lost.

Rest in pieces D': ... I always drop everything when I go in to invite a camper (bells, items, pretty much everything except maybe 2 or 3 invaluable goods I wouldn't mind losing).

Also, I can't say no to Marshal, I've bought so many fraudulent paintings...

The biggest scam any of my villagers tried to pull on me was when Punchy offered to trade my golden stag for his common wall.

What really annoyed me was not the initial offer (which I turned down) but the fact Punchy said I was "weird" for "not wanting to take such a great deal".

Those awful offers to trade (or to buy) are why I try avoiding talking to them when I have stuff in my pockets; though sometimes I forget since I'm trying to get some public works projects suggestions. Whenever I see them 'ping,' I'm thinking to myself, "Stop looking in my pockets!" lol.

Strangely, I've gotten more genuine art than fake from my villagers (then again, after the few times I got fake art, I resetted when I did; ><). The biggest rip offs are when I get them from Paula or Keaton; Paula charges me a little over 4,000 bells and Keaton charges me over 7,000 bells.

I wouldn't call this a scam, but it was really funny in my opinion. So, there was one time Aurora wanted me to sent a present to Rudy, and in the present was a neutral wall. He said he was okay with it, but really didn't like it. So, when I told Aurora about it, she was like "eventually he will like it" (this is in my own words/not sure what she said exactly).
Later in the day, Rudy pinged me and gave me a neutral wall! Then, Bob wanted my neutral wall and he traded me for an item. When my sister got on, Bob gave her a neutral wall. Eventually then, Pekoe wanted the neutral wall and it wasn't until days later, my other player got a neutral wall from her.

Sorry if this is pretty lengthy but basically the neutral wall passed on into a cycle. Aurora➝Rudy➝Me➝Bob➝my sister➝Pekoe➝my other player.

This is another that I kind of thought was insane but felt was worth it.

HNI_0020.JPG

HNI_0021.JPG

I was going to sell my bugs when I got back from the island. Hans pinged me and wanted my golden stag. I was like "NO WAY, you're not taking my golden stag." But I couldn't deny his offer after hearing how much he was paying for my golden stag.

Last edited:
Haha that is funny. Dang. My villagers don't ever offer me that much bells; they're very cheap. :p Gaston did buy a horsehair crab from me for about 8,000 bells. Still, usually they only off me in the hundreds range. :/ As for charging me, they reduce (or supposedly) the price by only a few hundred bells.

Fake art works... very rarely that I get genuine one. I have noticed that he Uchi girls start singing once you buy a fake art piece!

Villagers trying to sell you items at very high prices, lol.

Anyway, I buy these items even if I don't need the item. I find it rather funny.

Shari did this one to me just the other day. Made me mad when I found out that it was a fake. :mad: In my previous town, I got almost always genuine paintings from Pietro, though, and there was like two times when he gave it to me for free saying he felt bad for charging 7K for it. He's so sweet x3

View attachment 96166
I lost.

Oh gosh. I did this with my only axe... freaking Celia. >=V

Joey asked me to give him my crown for 5,000 bells.... Maybe times that by 300x and we have a deal?

Yeah, my little schemers- I mean villagers- always want to trade me something common for my valuable goods. Haven't had anyone offer me a painting lately, but I'm leery about it when they do.

Paula sold me a forgery of Girl with a Pearl Earring for like 4.2k...
but i did end up putting it in my house so it's okay

I thought I was getting scammed by all the villagers. Everyone was giving me low price items or bells for my stuff.
Went back to check the lovely phone and I messed up. It was cute bottom not top. Changed and the villagers gave up a lot of bells. My fortune was good fortune on items.

Cherry gave me a fake painting yesterday, which wasn't the greatest thing.

Today O'Hare tried to buy my golden stag for a common wall, and I said no. Whenever he asks for a trade, he goes on this cute little tangent ("I'll read you my poem on blahblahblah... But it's not ready yet, so how about I trade you for this?") and when I said no he said something along the lines of "I'm a lousy poet and I'm no good at trades" and walked around sadly for a good ten minutes. I felt so awful, I almost wished I had made the trade!

Back