• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Mole Cricket help 🦗

CylieDanny

🔥The Spicy Prince🔥
Bells
Island
Fuggire
Red Envelope
Red Envelope
Red Envelope
Fortune Cookie
Red Envelope
Red Envelope
Red Envelope
Red Envelope
Red Envelope
Red Envelope
So, finishing up my November bugs and all I have left is the mole cricket.. it lives under ground according to what I read up

Is there any easier way to catch it? Can you catch it on nmt ticket Islands? If not I'm so pooked, my entire island is head to toe in designs. Could I hear it under a design?

I read that the chirping is super soft and you gotta turn your volume up by alot, is that true?

I've had a hard time finding this guy and I'm not sure what to do.

So, finishing up my November bugs and all I have left is the mole cricket.. it lives under ground according to what I read up

Is there any easier way to catch it? Can you catch it on nmt ticket Islands? If not I'm so pooked, my entire island is head to toe in designs. Could I hear it under a design?

I read that the chirping is super soft and you gotta turn your volume up by alot, is that true?

I've had a hard time finding this guy and I'm not sure what to do.
I have to turn up my sound, but I usually have my sound off so I'm not sure if it's a lot. I think you can catch it on islands you're visiting, either through the airport or through Kappa's tours.

The mole cricket sounds like a regular cricket to me. When I hear a cricket but can't see one, I start wandering around the area until the chirp seems to be the loudest it can be. Then I have to keep digging holes until I manage to dig one up, after which I immediately switch to the net and have to swerve around the holes to try to catch it. I've only caught a couple so far.

I have to turn up my sound, but I usually have my sound off so I'm not sure if it's a lot. I think you can catch it on islands you're visiting, either through the airport or through Kappa's tours.

The mole cricket sounds like a regular cricket to me. When I hear a cricket but can't see one, I start wandering around the area until the chirp seems to be the loudest it can be. Then I have to keep digging holes until I manage to dig one up, after which I immediately switch to the net and have to swerve around the holes to try to catch it. I've only caught a couple so far.
So its kinda like a centipede, you have to catch it as soon as it surfaces?

It's not easy to catch, really. There are no visual indications of one being nearby; only audible sounds. It sounds like the type of cricket you would hear at night time, so if you hear one, you'll have to take out your shovel and dig in random spots around the area. Luckily, it always hides in open spots, so you won't have to move objects or dig up weeds/flowers.

And yes, the insect acts like the centipede and pill bug when exposed. You'll have a limited amount of time to catch it before it disappears into oblivion.

The sound isn't that soft, you should be able to hear it with the volume up even a little. They're pretty annoying to find and you might have to dig a lot of holes, but because your island has a lot of designs, it's a good thing because there's less room for them to spawn, and if you can hear it, you'd probably be close.

For one last thing, if you live in the Southern Hemisphere, then this is the last month they spawn in until May, but if not, then you have until May.

It's not easy to catch, really. There are no visual indications of one being nearby; only audible sounds. It sounds like the type of cricket you would hear at night time, so if you hear one, you'll have to take out your shovel and dig in random spots around the area. Luckily, it always hides in open spots, so you won't have to move objects or dig up weeds/flowers.

And yes, the insect acts like the centipede and pill bug when exposed. You'll have a limited amount of time to catch it before it disappears into oblivion.
Ah, this is why I've left it till last. It sounded like a real pain to find
Post automatically merged:

The sound isn't that soft, you should be able to hear it with the volume up even a little. They're pretty annoying to find and you might have to dig a lot of holes, but because your island has a lot of designs, it's a good thing because there's less room for them to spawn, and if you can hear it, you'd probably be close.

For one last thing, if you live in the Southern Hemisphere, then this is the last month they spawn in until May, but if not, then you have until May.
Weird, in my guide it said it ended in November, interesting

Oh then it can only spawn in a single area. Or. Can they spawn on sand paths? Or should I temporarily change this small small area to dirt?

Ah, this is why I've left it till last. It sounded like a real pain to find
It can be if you have a lot of open spots of grass/dirt on your island. But as @Yoshi155 mentioned, it's easier if you have less open spots to dig due to custom designs, trees, furniture, etc.

As your island is pretty packed as it is, it would actually be easier for you compared to others' islands if you think about it. Just make sure to turn off any furniture item that produces sound if possible.

Weird, in my guide it said it ended in November, interesting

Oh then it can only spawn in a single area. Or. Can they spawn on sand paths? Or should I temporarily change this small small area to dirt?
Maybe the guide is Southern Hemisphere based?

They only spawn in a single area, and they can't move while underground. I don't think they can spawn on the beach, so I don't think they can spawn on sand paths. I would change it to a dirt path just to be safe.

Well maybe that's why I haven't heard one, the only area I have open is sand, so like you said. Temporally changing it to dirt would help.

Maybe, but the one I'm using could also just be wrong

It can be if you have a lot of open spots of grass/dirt on your island. But as @Yoshi155 mentioned, it's easier if you have less open spots to dig due to custom designs, trees, furniture, etc.

As your island is pretty packed as it is, it would actually be easier for you compared to others' islands if you think about it. Just make sure to turn off any furniture item that produces sound if possible.
Yeah, that would help, at least I didn't cover all of it then. Thanks

There are quite a few videos online that show how to catch a mole cricket, you can watch one to hear what they sound like and see how they behave when you dig them up, but perhaps you wanted to find out for yourself without seeing a video. If you just want to know what they sound like, then a video would probably help you the most, rather than trying to understand it through written descriptions.

I caught some on a mystery island, if it's like New Leaf, they prefer empty areas with no design or flower. I put headphones to hear it and put my shovel and net next to each other in my pocket so I can switch easily. It's like bugs under rocks, you have to be quick to catch them.

There are quite a few videos online that show how to catch a mole cricket, you can watch one to hear what they sound like and see how they behave when you dig them up, but perhaps you wanted to find out for yourself without seeing a video. If you just want to know what they sound like, then a video would probably help you the most, rather than trying to understand it through written descriptions.
I looked it up, and I heard it last night but hD no idea what it was :/ It sounds so weird lol

I caught some on a mystery island, if it's like New Leaf, they prefer empty areas with no design or flower. I put headphones to hear it and put my shovel and net next to each other in my pocket so I can switch easily. It's like bugs under rocks, you have to be quick to catch them.
Well at least I can catch it on nmt islands

Back