• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Mmm no idea where this goes but, what was your first collectible?

My first collectible was an orange, gifted on a whim by my ACNH catalog island supplier and trade partner @/rairu.
I had zero interest in the collectibles before this point, but the orange seemed lonely, so I made a goal to collect all the fruit.
Once achieved, I moved on to wanting all the houses, which (along with the birthstones representing my loved ones) I told myself was my dream lineup and would stop after acquiring, but it took so long to get that last yellow house that the obsession already had its hooks in me.
And several dozen collectibles later, here we are today. 😅
And yes, of course I still have the orange, and will never sell nor trade it.

Attachments

• 00E7855D-C5AF-45D9-A23C-F60469EA483B.jpeg
    00E7855D-C5AF-45D9-A23C-F60469EA483B.jpeg
    273.1 KB · Views: 12
I forget if it was a red cosmos or the new horizons token.

The token was bought by me and the cosmos I adopted from one of those old free collectible hubs. The cosmos has since been retired from always being part of my lineups, but I still have it sitting in my inventory.

...Writing this post has made me tempted to make a lineup including that cosmos again. It's been a while and I have so many more collectibles now than I did back then.

methinkst it may have been a purple candy that i got in 2017?

i defo remember the hybrids line-up event but i think that was like 2018 where i got a blue violet and maybe another pink hybrid

I never really got into the whole collection thing. The first thing I purchased was the bell tree event 2021 patch. Just for a little memento that I participated. Then I did the same with every other event I joined so I had a keepsake I suppose.

It was a Tasty Cake from @ Cadbberry (don't actually want to ping them). I couldn't tell you what my second one was, but one thing led to another and now I have two pages' worth lol

My very first purchase in the shop was for 39 tbt, so most likely the pear. I liked the fruits before! Crazy how I started with a single pair and now I have so many collectibles. It’s really fun to collect!

I believe my very first collectible was either a pear or a white pansy, prob the latter. I actually still have the white pansy that I bought way back in 2016 :)

I think it was an Oarfish Head or the Ocean Pearl. From the shop, I believe it was Gold Moon Jellyfish!

My first collectible was a Tasty Cake! 🍰 If I'm remembering correctly, I think I got it as a placeholder while I was working towards my first lineup, just so I'd have something in my sidebar. I date-traded it for an older one later.

i don’t remember which one it was, but my first collectible was either an orange, cherry or cake (regular, not tasty) back in 2016. i wasn’t into the collectible scene as much back then, so i ended up selling them to try and earn tbt for a username change. 😅

a pear on august 7, 2019. unless i had bought something prior to that and sold it (i don’t remember)

I have no idea. I think it was a pear I bought myself from the shop, though. I really can’t remember.

First collectible was from the first event I took part in which was the 2020 spring fair. As soon as I saw the purple star I had to have it 🥺💜 I had never drawn and was scared to post but I had to try. I entered everything I could. Some events were team based and those I couldn’t enter as I really didn’t have any artistic or literary talent to impress strangers. You lot are amazing and talented and fabulous but I was a scared and intimidated newbie.

I couldn’t believe when I had earned enough to get my precious purple star. That started my obsession. I started desperately borrowing and trading for a lineup of stars 💜✨💫✨💜

Collectibles are just beautiful pixelated pieces of happiness 🥰💜

My first collectible was a purple star fragment as well! I really wish I had put more effort in during that fair when I look back now but I was not in to collectibles yet so how was I to know. That star fragment doesn't get used a whole lot because I don't have stuff to go with it but I'll still hold on to it as my first collectible.

i think it was a tasty cake from @/Miharu through her adopt a collectible shop :] wild because she has become a great homie of mine and i now have even more collectibles from her she is literally the sweetest human being on earth!!

According to my Item Log, apparently my first collectible was an Ancient Candle I bought from the Shop on October 29, 2015 at 4:01 PM. Not surprising that it would be a Halloween collectible.

my item log won't show me which collectibles I bought for some reason, but I'm pretty confident my first collectibles were a Yoshi egg and Togepi egg from the 2014 egg hunt. I sold my Togepi egg to someone who really wanted it. I hope they still like the egg... And the Yoshi egg remains a member of my inventory, to remind me of the good times I've had here!

Back