• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

mistreil's doodles

this is a doodle but im using this to hold me accountable to actually finish this stupid comic before april 8th
1711220179004.png

i have other art i need/want to get done and a ton of work but brainworms winning today
1711220374009.png

send me strength and a braincell or two yall

this is a doodle but im using this to hold me accountable to actually finish this stupid comic before april 8th
View attachment 547701

i have other art i need/want to get done and a ton of work but brainworms winning today
View attachment 547702
send me strength and a braincell or two yall
1712428752842.png

help me i only have 2 days left and i remembered i hate backgrounds so this was a terrible, terrible idea

theres no way ill finish in time oh mygo d

aHAHAhaha-- i spent all day yesterday going from sketches to colouring my hand hurts and im not 100% happy but this is good enough

rip acnl online and my acnl city 🙏
cerulean_skies_small_001.png

cerulean_skies_small_002.png

cerulean_skies_small_003.png

cerulean_skies_small_004.png

cerulean_skies_small_005.png

cerulean_skies_small_006.png

cerulean_skies_small_007.png

my city name is Cerulean -- opening the game back up for the farewell event brought back so many memories that i didn't expect
i never said goodbye to my city because i just... stopped playing one day. so this is my farewell to it!

a silly doodle this is how normal people function right
1713321552613.png

AS A DISCLAIMER im ok!! this is more of a lighthearted joke at the fact that... i'm finally sort of free from deadline hell irl, and then immediately proceeded to make a list of stuff to do to keep myself preoccupied. and also opened commissions (ilu guys btw im not feeling stressed or overworked by the commissions at all, it made me really happy to see people wanted art. i really have a lot of fun drawing peoples characters so its a good thing for me)

cool so now that that disclaimer's out of the way, i do feel like talking about me!! doodle above is sort of a joke-but-not-a-joke, since i do get really bad seasonal depression esp since that timing coincides with when my work irl is busiest, so i tend to lose a lot of my outlets that keep me sane (art, etc.) and my mental health falls into shambles. particularly bad this year because i was dealing with moving at the same time. on the other hand, having constant deadlines keeps me a functional human being (? questionable) for me, overworking is a lot better than the times when i would just... lie in bed until 4pm or something. neither are great tho, im still getting used to proper balance

anyways, i've got good support systems and i'm very good at recognizing my own behaviours, when im starting to slip, and when i need to take care of myself (which took a lot of time to get to! but it helps to be able to recognize... when im going to start spiraling and pre-emptively prevent it). so i do mean it when i say i'm ok!

but i do also think it's important for me to communicate that, despite the fact that i appear very productive/hardworking (apparently?), it's not completely coming from a healthy place. also it's not sustainable and i know my boundaries! so i do sincerely hope no one sees me as any sort of standard. this comes up because i had a friend talk to me before and they felt bad that they weren't getting as much done as me.
i've overworked in the past to the point where i broke down, which made me be veeeeery mindful and careful after i recovered enough. and made me also very wary about when i feel like people might be pushing themselves too hard too. i also have a lot to say about how i present myself vs. my actual internal workings but thats neither here nor there

so if you are comparing your productivity to anyone else's (not even mine), be nicer to yourself!! taking breaks and going at a sustainable pace is healthy and better, and sometimes productivity is not a good indicator of well-being. make sure you take care of yourself even when you're being productive! be mindful of your condition!!

anyhow!! pls remember to take care of yourselves, take breaks, get some rest, drink water, fix your posture, go on walks, set 23432532 timers so you don't lose track of time, etc. and get help when needed

Back