• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

mistreil's doodles

long time no see! i've been mia and will continue to be mia until june (work is suffering and i'll be out of the country)

but i like april fools too much, so sharing my april fools prank from twitter:

Fsor06CWcAEX9G9

FsqfYG-WwAEDMct

and a small thank you doodle i did cause people were genuinely supportive and i. needed to appreciate it properly GKLJFLKG

thank_you.png

oh my gosh??? I legit can't stop starring at your tbtwc art spoiler, ITS SOOOOO GOOD?!!?
Keep up the good work! you have some serious talent 🥹

_:)з)∠)_ i've been dead thanks to work, and then ran away to japan for a little over 3 weeks, and now... i'm alive again! for the rest of the summer, hopefully, maybe!

and so, i shall be dumping my art here again

a little more structured than usual.
and one day i'll update the first post of this thread and organize better. haven't touched it since last camp...

🌸 vacation journal
after i got back, i wanted to doodle my adventures, and decided to start from... the very beginning! so i'm trying to doodle a little comic every week (for now its just pre-vacation stuff, and eventually it'll be about the trip itself).

vacation_return.png

001-1.png
001-2.png

there's more -- best place to look at them is probably in this ko-fi gallery
by the time i finish, it'll probably be time for another vacation o(* ̄▽ ̄*)ブ;; there's a lot for me to draw. it was lots and lots of fun!

🎮 mabinogi fanart
there's only one picture here but anyways. if you play mabinogi 🤝 me too! they had a stream recently and my daughter is coming back to korea soon

eiry.png

i feel like i don't do fanart often enough. i should probably do more, buuuuuuut ocs are easier to draw and more fun.
i should draw more tales and mabinogi fanart tho. my main fandoms.
🎨 oc art
aka what i draw 99% of the time

recently i decided it'd be funny to draw my oc as a baby, and then i started drawing my friends as babies too. it's very fun stripping away all of their braincells, and it's cute (╹ڡ╹ )...

oc_babies_commissions_notag.png

there's more but they're uncoloured
also side note i have commissions open for baby just because theyre fun to do, so why not

... and then... uh... lots of oc art and references.

FumzA6IXgAEmEGf

FyJXIjpWAAIVEfs

Ft9hpL9X0AIE9TF

FyT5jrbWIAAu95_

Fy8ZSZGXgAAK0Eq

Fy8l0uvXoAIquk6

... there's like a bunch more and sketches and stuff too. but the above are... the main things, so i'll just skip the rest

there's tons of stuff i want to draw and projects i want to do game dev i miss you so hopefully i'll get something done over this summer before work takes me by the throat again (๑•̀ㅂ•́)و✧

the wooden standee commissions that from last year's fair have been delivered finally because im so slow teehee- 🙏

jadetine posted an actual photo of hers, but here's some 3d mockups i made of them to make sure everything looked okay when put together!

standee_mockup_2.png

@jadetine 's standee

standee_mockup_1.png

@IonicKarma 's standee (rl pic)​

i slap filters on them because my blender lighting abilities are horrible. i also realize now i forgot to switch one of the mushroom colours in the mockup for jadetine. but im too lazy to fix it and you can just see the actual thing in her photo

Last edited:
Beautiful. And the little space whales, they bring me so much joy.
I am definitely not handing over mine.

I love seeing all of your drawings. I can't draw at all....not for lack of trying, I just don't have the fine hand coordination i guess.

I love seeing all of your drawings. I can't draw at all....not for lack of trying, I just don't have the fine hand coordination i guess.
Honestly, the motor skills/coordination is definitely a "developed over a long period of time" thing! A lot of the stuff I draw is now just from muscle memory, but whenever I try things out of that comfort zone, it's definitely... a process. struggling. suffering.

gotta suffer have fun drawing for years for noticeable results o( ̄┰ ̄*)ゞ or, do studies and all that. i was the type to just learn slowly by doodling for fun/as a hobby, rather than seriously committing. whatever works best for you

Honestly, the motor skills/coordination is definitely a "developed over a long period of time" thing! A lot of the stuff I draw is now just from muscle memory, but whenever I try things out of that comfort zone, it's definitely... a process. struggling. suffering.

gotta suffer have fun drawing for years for noticeable results o( ̄┰ ̄*)ゞ or, do studies and all that. i was the type to just learn slowly by doodling for fun/as a hobby, rather than seriously committing. whatever works best for you
I actually tried off and on for years. And I am not exaggerating when I say my handwriting is atrocious (always has been) and my "drawing" matches, lol! I've always blamed it on being left handed but that's probably not it. hehe. Anyway I do truly enjoy seeing your art.

I cannot wait to get my asteroid plushies, our battle will be legendary 😌🔥

You're forgiven for breaking the space whale, maybe I won't need it after all. It's all yours ❤️

i go to a mall pretty regularly, so last month i decided "I'll take a picture of an outfit on display and draw an OC in it each month", and so here we are 2 months in

monthly_july_smaller.png

monthly_august_smaller.png

i rarely draw compositions like this or clothing since it's not... too in my interests, but it's pretty fun to do once a month. i just rip general composition ideas for these from store ads 😅

forgot to update again hehe -- in my defense, work is super busy for me after September.
the joys of working at a school

more oc art where they're wearing clothes I saw at the mall! I still tried to draw one per moth
d113622e20529e1f7eb56e0acc1e87ff4f097f1b.png
04cc4be5a53a242b184f48b37243aa347db8b4de.png
45856aaf0d90034d69c5d473ad37359b1ffa1aa0.png
can you tell i like the colour blue

i also really liked the concept of the Project Voltage Miku designs, so I wanted to draw OCs x pokemon types. i only managed to do one, but it was fun! i uhh... haven't drawn pokemon in forever
but it was one of the first things i drew when i first started doing art so... i hope child me is proud lmao
50efdd13d1818e46dcf4ecb7e9c15961d6c21445.png

and then more character design stuff
10e204869d0a7dbf2945a1ea0ffda32162b29e48.png
i just like clothes. and ocs. im a simple person with a one track mind (~ ̄▽ ̄)~

also sprite work because i missed game dev, so might as well learn godot and try to make a little game while I have a bit of time over the holidays
reco_all_walk.gif

ok bye see you next time i remember to update heh...

Back