• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Metroid Prime Remastered

JKDOS

Bells
Switch
7343-9456-5507
Pavé
Tin Robot
Black Hybrid Rose
New Horizons Token
Silver Mailbox
Small Mailbox
Yellow Candy
Red Candy
Cake
Cake

I didn't watch the Nintendo Direct, so was a bit surprised when someone mentioned this release to me last night. I've been hoping to see the Metroid Prime trilogy remastered for Switch since 2017. While not the trilogy, the first game is my favorite and definitely worth it. I actually lost hope of ever seeing a remastered of any of the previous games on Switch when they announced Metroid Prime 4.

I bought the game and only walked around the prologue a little bit. I'll probably wait until the weekend before I dig in. This is the first time a Metroid Prime game is playable with dual analog stick. I'm interested to see how different of an experience this will be.

I'm curious to know how they devoted development time into this when Metroid Prime 4 is supposedly in development. Maybe it was done purely as a concept to test how well they can do a Metroid Prime game on the Switch when it comes to Metroid Prime 4. After all, Nintendo did eventually hand the reigns to Retro Studios who were responsible for Metroid Prime. I'd say development on MP4 would be fairly easy using the remastered game as a foundation.

Last edited:
I never played the original, so I will definitely play the remaster at some point.

Not a day one purchase for me...but, eventually.

I do sincerely hope to see the other two games also get a remastered treatment. While there are some issues with this version, every single aspect I have seen from this remaster has been absolutely phenomenal.

Also, I'd really like a version of Prime 3 without motion controls. That would be swell.

I saw someone posted on Twitter before the Direct about retail stores pulling the Metroid Prime 4 game from their listing/pre-order. So it made a lot anticipate they might see something in the direct or that it was bad news. Still not sure if they just decided to say screw it and do a remaster instead of 4 with how they apparently pulled the listings.

Either way, I remember playing the original on Christmas, so seeing it remastered is really cool. I might just get the digital version, but maybe I will get the physical since it will be released soon.

@JKDOS Thanks for posting that comparison. I'm actually surprised with how well the original holds up.

I was ESTATIC when this was announced! 🤩🤩🤩
As a HUGE Metroid fan since I was a kid, this was the highlight of the Direct for sure! It's not the whole Trilogy yes, something that Nintendo could have easily done but just.... didn't.... but I'm not going to start complaining about getting the remake I've always wanted ever since the rumors of Dread came true, especially a remake that looks this good! 😭

Would have definitely gotten it day 1, but currently restraining myself for the physical release cause this is something special!

@JKDOS Thanks for posting that comparison. I'm actually surprised with how well the original holds up.
It turns out the comparison video used Metroid Trilogy, so it's not even a true comparison to the Gamecube version, but close enough to show the changes in Remastered. I completed Prime 1 Remastered over the weekend. I was trying to get 100% scan completion, but I ended up missing about 3 creatures, so I will probably attempt another playthrough. It's always been my goal since the Gamecube to get a 100% scan completion playthrough of this game.

I hadn't even heard of this til I saw it on my Switch as a preview...was INSTANTLY ecstatic! Gonna get the hard copy once I get paid the 1st. Really hope they remaster 2 and 3 for the Switch as well!

I pre-ordered this from the Nintendo store. So it might be here sometime this week. Looking forward to a blast from the past. I remember getting it on Christmas eve the year it dropped and playing it a good bit that night. Really good times.

Believe it or not, the remastered version of Metroid Prime was my very first FPS game I played within my entire life. The first FPS I completed.

It was one of my most played games of 2023 too.

I haven’t had the chance to buy the remaster, but I know the original version (which I still own) is Metroid at its finest. When I start working, again, I’ll either update this post, or I’ll just write a new one as a sort of review for the remaster. Please put Echoes and Corruption on the Switch, Nintendo. Please?
Glad its gotten a remaster and hopefully the other games even other m also get a remaster too.
I dunno; Other M was lambasted and torn apart when it came out. That’s gonna require a full-on remake for that game to even be remotely bearable to a lot of people.

Back