• TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

me and the 800+ nook mile tickets i spent to get raymond (mystery island villager hunting experience)

Wow I really give you a lot of credit for continuing to island hop for him! Island hopping does have a charm to it so I completely understand. I wish you the best of luck in finding this sweet kitty boy!

(Not to rub in your face or anything) I found Raymond in 3 NMT but the thing is I wasn't even looking for him, it makes me feel guilty that I was able to find him in 3 NMT while others spend well over hundreds of tickets with the amount of dedication but yeah RNG sucks!

My first island hunt was only for Raymond, so I hated it because my odds were horrible and I never found him that way. Yesterday I kept options open and island hunted. I wanted Murphy, Maddie, Sprocket, or Ribbot. I eventually found Ribbot but then decided I wasn’t that into him. I eventually found Dobie. I hadn’t considered him but needed a cranky I took him because I like him. Island hunting with an open mind has made me love island hunting. It’s like gambling but with no real consequences. I don’t gamble irl btw lol

NO WAY LOL
i salute you and i wish you luck soldier
give us an update if you found him!
itd b interesting to know how many nmt you used to get him

I'd just like to point out, it isn't just your imagination; the rng for finding raymond actually is significantly worse than for some other villagers. The game rolls the species first, and then rolls for the specific villager within that species. Taken from the data-mining channel on the AC discord:

"That is to say the odds of getting Raymond on an island are

1/35 * 1/23 (#of cats) = .124%, or effectively 1/8th of 1 percent. In fact, it would take 2400 island visits each in order for 95% of players to have encountered Raymond (1-(1-.00125)^2400)=.95

In contrast, there are only 3 octopi, thus my odds of getting Marina on an island would be:

1/35 * 1/3 (#of octopi) = about 1%, or 8x the likelihood of seeing Raymond on an island. This means it would take 300 island visits each in order for 95% of players to have encountered Marina. (1-(1-.01)^300)=.95"

All that being said though, good luck on your hunt and I hope it doesn't take you the full 2400 tickets to find him :'-)

I respect your bravery and wish you the best in your quest for Raymond!

Reminded me of this-

1589822426849.png

i get so unlucky as well! i run into lots of popular villagers and villagers that i like, but i went through 300+ tickets and never found him. needless to say, my friend got him and didn’t want him, so she gave him to me

good luck!

Just saw two days ago an guy on YouTube who spent over 1060 tickets till he finally found Raymond. Searching for a certain villager on those Mystery Islands are really a pain in the butt sometimes, especially when you wasting so many tickets only to get repeats over and over again. The RNG here just sucks. I also spent tons of tickets and while I had huge luck here and there, I also had times where I came back to my island with nobody I really liked and zero tickets left.

I wish you good luck finding him very soon!

You definitely do find the villager you're looking for when you give up! I've done two island hunting sessions - one for Sherb and one for Raymond. On ticket #17 of the hunt for Raymond or Sherb, I was about to just cave and adopt Tia but then I decided not to. Next island was Sherb. Cut to this week when I was hunting for Raymond ONLY and I was about ~50 tickets in when I was going to give up for the night and I found him on my 57th ticket!!

If you don’t already have a smug try plot resetting for him. If you have every personality but smug the space will automatically fill with a smug villager. Island hopping is a huge waste of time imo

Well, seeing your signature, you're having bad luck because you're kicking out my sweet boy Lyman, what did he ever do to deserve your hostility :cry: ignore the fact that I'm also saving up nook miles to go hunting for him after I get the rest of my dreamies

Well, seeing your signature, you're having bad luck because you're kicking out my sweet boy Lyman, what did he ever do to deserve your hostility :cry: ignore the fact that I'm also saving up nook miles to go hunting for him after I get the rest of my dreamies
hes my frickin BABY. but i really need place for my dreamies :(
i got chief to leave rn ( had to get Kabuki after 900+ nmt ;-; ) but maybe if i get raymond soon enough i can give him to you! i dont want any of my babies in the leaving list to get voided

hes my frickin BABY. but i really need place for my dreamies :(
i got chief to leave rn ( had to get Kabuki after 900+ nmt ;-; ) but maybe if i get raymond soon enough i can give him to you! i dont want any of my babies in the leaving list to get voided
Oh, don't worry about it haha, I've got Lyman in my island, by "hunting for him" I meant that I was also looking for Raymond lmao.

If you don’t already have a smug try plot resetting for him. If you have every personality but smug the space will automatically fill with a smug villager. Island hopping is a huge waste of time imo
i have two lovely smugs and no females so its not really an option :(

Back