Mayors from 2013: Where Are They Now?

I got my game on July 9, 2013 and have had my first town ever since. I took the first layout I got and I got extremely lucky tbh. I wish I had a picture of the time I planted my town tree but I think I deleted it :c

I also started my Joy town on June 9th 2013. I have 5 other towns, so I don't play it as much anymore. Joy has the museum completed, all gold badges except streetpass, and a completed catalog. I also put in over 3000 hours into it. The town and houses are finished, so there's really nothing more to do. If the new update can give us new furniture, then I'll probably do a bit of redecorating. ( depends on what we can get).

I got my game on my birthday (which is tomorrow :3) but I've reset quite a bit since. As soon as you do it once your addicted :(

I made my original town Tenshi on December 13, 2013. Still lives to this day with pride :')

- - - Post Merge - - -

I know this is about the first three months, but I feel the "first days" vibe in December 2013, too ^^"

I feel the same as Vizionari, I started my town on September 9th, 2013. I had fun over the years, but I didn't start getting big dreams for Homey until I discovered paths and the creativity that could be implemented with PWPs, and I eventually became unhappy with the layout and restarted. While I officially restarted in June 2016, I changed the date back to 9/6/13 to remind myself just how far I've come/how long I've been playing ACNL. To this day, Homey is still in progress, but standing strong nonetheless, and I've been putting more hours into the game than I ever did.

Also, Blue Cup, June 9th is my big brother's birthday! ^3^ he turned 18 when you started your town.

i don't have any screenshots because i think i deleted all of the ones from the day i started playing, but i became the mayor of lumatown on the 20th of august, 2013. i played in that town nearly every day up until around mid-late november 2015, when i got bored of playing so often, mainly because of villagers' houses ruining parts of my town due to not being able to plot reset and having so many flowers that watering them all was pretty time-consuming.

i haven't played much in that town at all since then, because i got a second copy of the game a month later for christmas.

My very first town is loooooooooong gone.

I Still play daily. It's nice but also a bit boring. I'm tempted to start a new but also not

My first town called Victoria was started on June 14, 2013. All the villagers still live in my town and the mayor received her last badge in June, 2016. The streetpass badge took forever. The town started out with a fairytale theme and is now a Zen town.
Cancelled the theme challenge and started decorating the houses my way. Not sure why a bed is needed in the front room to complete the 11 set to make Lyle happy. It wasn't making me happy. Along the way I added 2 extra players and completed most of their badges. The 2 extra players just need silver/gold host/visit and some streetpass badges.

Along the way I added 3 new towns. Two were started in July and September 2013. The guest town mayor just completed her last badge. I'm now working on all the extra players badges. My beautiful town is frozen right now. My 4th town was started on April, 2016. All towns museums are complete. All players have the golden fishing rod. 11/14 players have the golden net. With the amiibo release I'm playing a 5th town with all mice or hamsters. All the villager have to be short and look like they are wearing the flower.

Found that playing the extra players as real players made the game more fun. They can come as they want or play with the villagers. The game still gives me some very happy moments and will be playing along time.

I started my main town of Kibble on the 3rd of July 2013, sadly no pictures of the tree planting ceremony. I've got all my dreamies, completed the museum, unlocked every PWP, completed the catalogue and finished decorating, still working on badges though.

My brother started his town in 2013, and I shared the game with him until I got my own a year later. Our town was "Aniville", named after our WW town. Unfortunately, Aniville is long gone, since it theoretically got thrown away by accident while my grandma was cleaning out my brother's room. RIP Aniville.

Oh gosh, I started my town on June 9th 2013. I have never reset my cart and I've always loved my town. I made the mistake of reseting my layout in Animal Crossing: City Folk, and it definitely was something I ended up regretting.

But now I only go back to my town weeks apart. It's like playing roulette by just opening the game. I have to make a mini-prayer every time that my favorite villager hasn't suddenly jumped up and left.

Great stories, everyone. It's cool to see that some of you still have your launch day towns; I wish I could say the same.

I've had new leaf since it released in the UK, my first town was called Starfall. I've restarted a bunch of times since then, but hopefully my current town will be with me in a long time to come. :] I don't regret resetting as my map wasn't the greatest and I wasn't happy with my eyes, I also couldn't live with my house placement either. :x

I became mayor of Startown on June 24, 2013, only about two weeks after its release. I've never reset my town or anything like that, so I'm a but proud that I stayed with my town for three years already. I didn't really get into getting dreamies until... last year, probably. I love the fact that my town has gone so far from its beginning. It's been three years, and I'm still not finished with Startown. I was more of someone who just let the game progress very naturally, so I didn't put paths in until a year later. I always try to play without time traveling, but if I've been gone for a while I'll play catchup.
So, long story short, I'm really happy with my town!

Ocean is still my first and only town on ACNL, and I started it on 14 July 2013. It's going ok, I did spend about a year not playing it though so my progress is not as good as it could've been. Also, I kind of just placed my PWPs without planning it out or anything.. but I'm determined to make it as good as it could have been if I started intending to plan it out.

I became Mayor of Stockton on the UK release date and I'm still playing on it to this date. Although I've thought about resetting a few times, but never went through with it.
I'm focusing more on my new town but I haven't abandoned Stockton.

My first town, Applewin, is still intact.

It began August 17, 2013. (That is when I bought ?Animal Crossing: New Leaf? plus the red Nintendo 3DS XL.)

Starting villagers who remained are Jambette, Scoot, and Twiggy. (I felt, and still feel, the town is as much theirs as mine.)

It is still available in Dream Address (signature, below).

Last edited:
Back