• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Maximum # of materials you can leave lying around

Leebles

Bells
Switch
1225-2482-9233
Hey all. I'm working on a forest town and I'm almost done so I'm excited to scatter pine cones/acorns/mushrooms/star fragments around. Basically, crafting materials that are aesthetically appealing. I kept setting down materials and asking Isabelle for evals and for my save file, with my current amount of furniture out, the maximum amount of crafting material she'll accept and still give me a 5 star island eval is precisely 24. I'm wondering if the number is the same for everyone else, like it's a 24 limit no matter what, or if it's a value that gets subtracted vs your development points or something weird like that.

I'm guessing your 5 star rating comes from a combination of points from both negative and positive factors from your island. So with everything else you have going on throughout your island, 24 may be all that's allowed. If you were to play around with what else is on your island that 24 number may change...just my guess on this!

Some items don't negatively impact your rating. You can drop any number of these and Isabelle won't complain. These items are listed below:
  • Any Item the island natively drops
  • tree branches
  • stones
  • shells
  • message bottles
  • planted and dropped weeds
  • meteorites

Back