• Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

Mario Kart 8 Official General Discussion

I hate the coin item, there is coins all over the tracks and when im in 1st place i dont want a coin I want a banana.
Yeah, I agree. Coins can be so worthless sometimes >_<

I completed all the time trials! If anyone wants to compete in time trials, I'm up for it :D

anyone have the gold glider yet? I've 3-star every cup, got the gold standard and tires so it's the only thing left I need to unlock!

lol you'll get through it, make yourself busy so time flies! The game is so worth the wait *0*

I tried it for 1 day, ONE DAY and then my dad was like "gimme da AC adapter you need to study"
so yeah *dies*
your skills are known to be deadly as I heard

Last edited:
Yay, toad is back he was my main character in other games.

But...

image.jpg

I tried it for 1 day, ONE DAY and then my dad was like "gimme da AC adapter you need to study"
so yeah *dies*
your skills are known to be deadly as I heard

That sucks, but your dad did you the biggest favour, you need to study! That game is seriously awesome and addicting.. This past week, I've been rotting with my girlfriend in bed racing constantly... x_x I'm not going to be playing as much now though.
I'm a pretty good racer. Probably due to my previous addiction with Mario Kart Wii, lol

Last edited:
I'm a pretty good racer. Probably due to my previous addiction with Mario Kart Wii, lol

Sounds a lot like me, I can relate too lol.

I remember the times when MKW still had WiFi. I remember when I would be practicing that game for hours on end, trying to figure out better lines and tactics with YouTube, and making it to 8000 VR too. I accomplished all that when I was maybe 8 or 9, possibly 10. Ahh, good times.

Still, you're probably way better at this than me. I raced you on the TBT GP two or three times and you placed higher than me every time.

Sounds a lot like me, I can relate too lol.

I remember the times when MKW still had WiFi. I remember when I would be practicing that game for hours on end, trying to figure out better lines and tactics with YouTube, and making it to 8000 VR too. I accomplished all that when I was maybe 8 or 9, possibly 10. Ahh, good times.

Still, you're probably way better at this than me. I raced you on the TBT GP two or three times and you placed higher than me every time.

lol yeah, we were both addicts or sure. That game was my life for over a year...
I used to practice like that too, mostly in time trials. I had to be the best though, since I led a clan/group of 50+ people on the site Animal Crossing Community (we were known as Acc Racers). I had to try to keep my vr at 9999 at all times because I believed I should be the best if I'm leading a group of people. I wasted so much time with that game...ughhh

idk, the games only been out a week. There's lots more time to improve on this game. You're a very good racer already!

lol yeah, we were both addicts or sure. That game was my life for over a year...
I used to practice like that too, mostly in time trials. I had to be the best though, since I led a clan/group of 50+ people on the site Animal Crossing Community (we were known as Acc Racers). I had to try to keep my vr at 9999 at all times because I believed I should be the best if I'm leading a group of people. I wasted so much time with that game...ughhh

idk, the games only been out a week. There's lots more time to improve on this game. You're a very good racer already!
I tried to vary with what I practiced with. The online ghost feature, the occasional Worldwide and GP. I couldn't do friends because I was only 10 and likely the law would've stopped me dead cold from joining a clan lol. I think I got like a one star + gold Wii Wheel too because I played so much.

ACC actually had a MKW clan? That's a bit surprising to me. Then again I have an account there that I seldom use, and I rarely go on that site lol. Getting my VR over 8000 was already a big enough of a challenge to me, hitting the big quadruple nines would've been impossible for me.

Dude I haven't even touched Worldwides yet. In fact I haven't touched it today. Should probably do that at some point lol. Also, you're a really good MKer too. ;)

Last edited:
I tried to vary with what I practiced with. The online ghost feature, the occasional Worldwide and GP. I couldn't do friends because I was only 10 and likely the law would've stopped me dead cold from joining a clan lol. I think I got like a one star + gold Wii Wheel too because I played so much.

ACC actually had a MKW clan? That's a bit surprising to me. Then again I have an account there that I seldom use, and I rarely go on that site lol. Getting my VR over 8000 was already a big enough of a challenge to me, hitting the big quadruple nines would've been impossible for me.

Dude I haven't even touched Worldwides yet. In fact I haven't touched it today. Should probably do that at some point lol. Also, you're a really good MKer too. ;)

That's good for improving. Input from people on forums help a lot too. I was usually on ww/regionals or in a friend room.. hardly ever touched battle. Haha yeah, you were too young. I think I was 15 or 16 when I was playing the game for the first time. How the heck did you use the wii wheel?! I used it once... never again. I used my GCN controller and had a 3 star rank on 2 files.

It was actually more of a group, but we did have a couple of plan wars. Our chat was based off of a private thread and also a xat chatroom. ACC sucks, they're way too strict on that site. TBT is way better, so that's why I'm on here now. Getting 9999 isn't super hard, but staying at that rank is a big challenge. It all takes practice.

You should try it today! It's very hectic, but fun. I joined a room with all people over 3000vr and even someone over 6000vr. It was crazy!! I really should check out battle too.. I haven't tried it yet. Thanks, I must get better though :<

Back