• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Mario Kart 8 Official General Discussion

If they make a new DLC pack or two then I hope I see Sunset Wilds or Toad's Factory as tracks. I also hope that King Boo will come back as a character.

To delete a tournament that is created by yourself, select the one that you want to get rid of and then press the "-" button on your controller. Confirm that you want to eradicate that tournament and poof, it's gone!

Anyone think the DLC pack 3 will happen? Even though nothing at E3 was announced as far as I know, I think the teaser tweet is a good sign. I'd like to see the return of Daisy Cruiser, Peach Beach, Peach Gardens, and Maple Treeway.

If this DLC Pack 3 is real, I'm honestly hoping for Captain Falcon and Kirby as playable drivers instead of just amiibo costumes. Also a Warp Star kart like Kirby's main "vehicle" in Kirby Air Ride. For all the courses, I'm really not sure what I want to see return.

There's a rumor that it will make an early 2017 release. If that's the case then it must be a big dlc pack. I need a Wuhu stage to be brought back.

My DLC Pack 3 prediction.

Some say its real. And when I looked on Google news, I saw rumours that it's going to release early 2017.

I want the pack to be Splatoon x Mario Kart 8. The characters, karts, cups and their courses will include: (And I'll ask why I want them, this is NOT the leaked list, if you were wondering)

Characters:
Inkling Boy and Girl
Diddy Kong
Bowser Jr.

Karts:
Splatoon Buggy (ATV, Inkling Boy's signature ATV)
Excitebike Bike (Well, we got the course, why not the bike? It can be in different colors by different racers)
Banana Wheel (In Drift Bike, Diddy Kong's signature bike)
Soda Jet (C'mon, it was my favorite kart back in MK7. Can it come back plz?)

Courses:
Squid/Inkling Cup:
Kalimari Desert (We saw it in the Twitter post, so it'll work. And an orange shy guy can appear as a staff ghost here, as there was a shy guy as a staff ghost in MK7)
Waluigi Pinball (Just, plz Nintendo. Its not fair you brought it back in MK7.)
Bowser Jr's. Circus (Its a reference to Super Mario 3D world, all the 3D world bosses and characters will be there)
Inkopolis Circuit (For obvious reasons. And Inkling Boy will be the staff ghost here)

Gem Cup:
Maple Treeway (In the 2nd DLC pack, in the Fall version of the Animal Crossing course. There are piles of leaves that act the same way as they do in Maple Treeway. Perhaps Nintendo is hinting this course back in DLC 3)
Yoshi Desert (I know, another desert track in MK8. But we need another colored Yoshi as a staff ghost in a DLC pack. The first was Red, the second was Orange. This one will be yellow)
Treacherous Temple (This course is the reference to the Gem cup, as its the Super Gem from Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker. In DLC 1. It was the Egg cup, and we got Yoshi Circuit. In DLC 2. It was the Bell cup, and we got Super Bell Subway. In DLC 3, it could be this. And as the course name suggests, its a very dangerous course, with lots of twists, turns and obstacles. I, myself might be good at it if it were to be real. And captain Toad and his assistants will be spectating in the course too. And, because Captain Toad will not be a DLC character, Toadette will be the staff ghost here)
Port Town (Another F-Zero track. We got Mute City and Big Blue, we'll get Port Town. Inkling Girl will be the Staff ghost here)

Phew, I said too much already. I'll stop, lol. But tell me what you thought of my DLC 3 prediction.

Some say its real. And when I looked on Google news, I saw rumours that it's going to release early 2017.

I want the pack to be Splatoon x Mario Kart 8. The characters, karts, cups and their courses will include: (And I'll ask why I want them, this is NOT the leaked list, if you were wondering)

Characters:
Inkling Boy and Girl
Diddy Kong
Bowser Jr.

Karts:
Splatoon Buggy (ATV, Inkling Boy's signature ATV)
Excitebike Bike (Well, we got the course, why not the bike? It can be in different colors by different racers)
Banana Wheel (In Drift Bike, Diddy Kong's signature bike)
Soda Jet (C'mon, it was my favorite kart back in MK7. Can it come back plz?)

Courses:
Squid/Inkling Cup:
Kalimari Desert (We saw it in the Twitter post, so it'll work. And an orange shy guy can appear as a staff ghost here, as there was a shy guy as a staff ghost in MK7)
Waluigi Pinball (Just, plz Nintendo. Its not fair you brought it back in MK7.)
Bowser Jr's. Circus (Its a reference to Super Mario 3D world, all the 3D world bosses and characters will be there)
Inkopolis Circuit (For obvious reasons. And Inkling Boy will be the staff ghost here)

Gem Cup:
Maple Treeway (In the 2nd DLC pack, in the Fall version of the Animal Crossing course. There are piles of leaves that act the same way as they do in Maple Treeway. Perhaps Nintendo is hinting this course back in DLC 3)
Yoshi Desert (I know, another desert track in MK8. But we need another colored Yoshi as a staff ghost in a DLC pack. The first was Red, the second was Orange. This one will be yellow)
Treacherous Temple (This course is the reference to the Gem cup, as its the Super Gem from Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker. In DLC 1. It was the Egg cup, and we got Yoshi Circuit. In DLC 2. It was the Bell cup, and we got Super Bell Subway. In DLC 3, it could be this. And as the course name suggests, its a very dangerous course, with lots of twists, turns and obstacles. I, myself might be good at it if it were to be real. And captain Toad and his assistants will be spectating in the course too. And, because Captain Toad will not be a DLC character, Toadette will be the staff ghost here)
Port Town (Another F-Zero track. We got Mute City and Big Blue, we'll get Port Town. Inkling Girl will be the Staff ghost here)

Phew, I said too much already. I'll stop, lol. But tell me what you thought of my DLC 3 prediction.
I like the characters that you picked. My favorite retro track you chose is maple Treeway. I feel they only made it worst in MK7.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Here are my predictions

Mario Kart 8 x Paper Mario

Characters
Paper Mario
Bowser Jr.
King Boo
Diddy Kong

I'm not very good at predicting tracks, so I'll just skip that one.

Paper Cup

Tracks
Kalimari Desert-I honestly hope not, but the tweet may have gave it away.
SNES Vanilla Lake 1-Only two SNES tracks in the game? They need to add one to try to be more consistent.
Koopling Carnival-An Kooping track that is based on a carnival. You will glide through the roller coasters and drive though the entire carnival.
Paper Mario-A one lap track that let's you drive through settings from all of the paper mario games.

Blooper Cup

Tracks
DK Summit-A track that many though would be in the original game. Plus there are only 3 Wii tracks in the game. This is mainly brought back because of Diddy Kong.
Shroom Ridge-A very underrated DS track with great music.
Boo Lake-If they are bringing King Boo back then this would be the track I would chose for him.
Metal Land-You drive though a nightmare land that has an audience of metal characters. This is were Metal Mario and Pink Gold Peach were made.

So that My Nintendo site has the first DLC pack up and you can redeem it for gold coins if you have them.

This makes me wonder, and I really hope it's not the case but... what if this third DLC pack rumor turns out to be true, but you can only buy it from My Nintendo? Which means you'll have to buy games worth enough for like 60 gold points...

So that My Nintendo site has the first DLC pack up and you can redeem it for gold coins if you have them.

This makes me wonder, and I really hope it's not the case but... what if this third DLC pack rumor turns out to be true, but you can only buy it from My Nintendo? Which means you'll have to buy games worth enough for like 60 gold points...
They probably won't do that, because there would be some people can't afford something like that. It might be a good idea if you can buy it on both My Nintendo AND the E-Shop. Either way you get it, it still shares the same content. But hey, that's a nice hint, if it is at least. I want a DLC Direct, if it ever happens, Wii U's life is coming to an end. So is there still a chance for one more direct? A DLC Direct?

Planning on doing some races in an hour.
If you want in, let me know. Definitely looking for some more heads!

Last edited:
I reached 12,000 VR today woo! Man do I miss playing in the lower ranks. It's so much more relaxed and less rage inducing.

ii bought the game and a wii u and it should be arriving in th mail in a few days im Really hyped .. ik im late af to this but Hey does anyone have any Great Advice for someone who is just ant to start playing th game idk

Back