Male villager's catchphrases changing to uh-huh?

rivulet

shsl gamer
Bells
So I just was kind of curious, Punchy's catchphrase was originally 'mrmpht', which then changed to 'silly', probably because I have Rosie in my town, but now it's uh-huh. I don't have any villagers with that catchphrase, does anyone know why this happens?

Just for the heck of it, I told Isabelle that Erik had an innapropriate catchphrase, and when I talked to him, it was uh-huh. Which is weird because I thought it would change back to his original catchphrase, but I guess not...

Just for the heck of it, I told Isabelle that Erik had an innapropriate catchphrase, and when I talked to him, it was uh-huh. Which is weird because I thought it would change back to his original catchphrase, but I guess not...

Now that's odd. I didn't complain about his catchphrase or anything. But that's weird .-.

Now that's odd. I didn't complain about his catchphrase or anything. But that's weird .-.

when someone who visits your town goes to your town hall, if they report a villagers for rude language, it'll do the trick as well. its typical... i reported fang because i bought him and his old owner had his catchphrase as "BARF!" and i hated it so much...but i expected it to go back to default and instead he now says "uh-huh"...ugh.

The same thing happened when I was preparing to give away Bam. His catchphrase was unoriginal so I tried to change it back by telling Isabelle he had rude language. Unfortunately, it was just "uh-huh"... So yeah, someone who visited your town probably did the same thing. I really don't understand why they don't just revert back to their original catchphrases. "Uh-huh" is pretty random and bleh. :/

if someone reports to isabelle that a villager has rude language it just changes it to the default of "uh-huh," i wish it would change it back to their original catchphrase :c

But the villagers ping all the time to change their catchphrases. An easy thing to do.

I got Kabuki from streetpassing someone. His catchphrase was "uh-huh" for the longest time. I thought it was his original one since he came to me with it. LOL. Anyway, it took forever but he finally pinging me for a change.

Back