• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Make villagers change default clothes

sn0wxyuki

I'm a girl~ ❤Barold
Bells
Switch
0213-9165-2243
Tasty Cake
Cake
After I adopted Bunnie to my town, I went to isabelle and complain about her wrong clothes. I just want Bunnie to back to her default clothes but she didn't! And her clothes turn to all white! Until now I still try to get her wear something and even pick type of clothes she will like but no veil! What should i do? Spam her with same clothes??

- - - Post Merge - - -

I updated my dream and you can went in to see how her white clothes look and she even displayed one in her house! *sigh of frustration* what with her obsession of white....

Last edited:
Try sending her clothes through mail. Maybe that will help!

Yea I think spamming her with more clothes is the only way perhaps?

i've never seen my villagers wear the clothes i sent them, they only put them in their houses for some reason. :confused: they do wear the clothes other villagers sent them, though.

mine seem to prefer the profi designs/patterns at able sisters instead of regular clothes, so i put some nice designs up there i found on the internet. it's not the perfect solution but hey, it's a solution.

sorry i'm not of a better help :c

Look at the guide to birthday gifts on the thonky website. They love to wear clothes you send from that list.

Send her a lot of clothes.

The way to do it is to send them FIVE copies of the item of clothing you want then to wear (attached to 5 letters) It works every time with any clothes!

i've never seen my villagers wear the clothes i sent them, they only put them in their houses for some reason. :confused: they do wear the clothes other villagers sent them, though.

mine seem to prefer the profi designs/patterns at able sisters instead of regular clothes, so i put some nice designs up there i found on the internet. it's not the perfect solution but hey, it's a solution.

sorry i'm not of a better help :c

Less but villager like Astrid always wear what I sent hahahaha~ the others is random n depends~

- - - Post Merge - - -

Look at the guide to birthday gifts on the thonky website. They love to wear clothes you send from that list.

I did for each of them but not all of them wear what I send. Shall spam them!

- - - Post Merge - - -

Send her a lot of clothes.

Gonna do that for sure!

- - - Post Merge - - -

The way to do it is to send them FIVE copies of the item of clothing you want then to wear (attached to 5 letters) It works every time with any clothes!

I don't really fussy with with what they should wear as long as they wear something! Lol

I'm quite fussy, I dress up all of mine! And with my method I don't need to use that list. You can just choose something from your catalogue.

I don't know why Isabelle puts them in that crappy white outfit. Their defaults would make more sense.

Last edited:
Yea i started to feel like I should complain bout my secretary instead!

That ugly gym shirt... I know which one.

I complained Cally's shirt to Isabelle. She was then in that gym shirt that is even uglier!! I sent her many many favorites(according to thonky.com) shirts, but she never changed. She just hung them in her house. Finally, she moved out and got streetpassed to my sister's town. She is still wearing that gym shirt.

On the other hand, Deirdre changed to a shirt that I sent her via mail. However, that was after 3 or 4 times. She hung all shirts in her house...

I realized I could stock up my bag with 16 shirts and then walk up to the villagers. They will ask for your shirt and many times they will changed into it immediately in front of you. (WOW, think about this in real life... LOL).

Tangy was in a great shirt, but she wanted an ugly shirt in my bag....ever since then, she is in that ugly shirt!

Rosie changed her outfit, and one day Punchy sent her her original outfit and she changed back into it. I guess he agreed that she looked best in it!

I just kept sending Fauna the Canary shirt, because she looked terrible in her current outfit. I regret it since there are like three Canary shirts in her home.

Telling Isabelle doesn't necessarily make them change into their original. I only do that when a villager I adopted from someone else is wearing a design they made, that doesn't really suit them. I did that with Daisy and Beau and they changed right away.

Back