Moon Bunny
Snow Bunny
Daisy Easter Egg
Toy Hammer
森
Dreamy Party Popper
Spirit Candy: Pierrot
Leaf Ticket Easter Egg
Hello everyone! Its me again... I decided to make this SUPER lengthy post all about Lyle's Hidden Feature in Animal Crossing New Leaf. First of all many of you know who Lyle is! He used to harass you about insurance and then he became an angry office worker to now working for Tom Nook and checking your HHD score daily. Well many many many people did not know that he has a gossip feature! In past AC games there were those "episodes" with different characters and their backstories but NL only had Sables classic sewing machine friend thingie. I used to talk to Lyle when I was little because I loved his character design and I thought he was Adorable. In reality he is mean and evil lol. BASICALLY by speaking to him all the time every once in a while because of certain conditions that still to this day are unknown he would have an option which was "Whats New?" or "Let's Chat!" and he would tell you about the other special characters. I saw a YouTube video a while back on this topic by a lady named ShroomieCrossing that talked about these episodes. There was a blog post that had the exact dialog of most of the characters a while back as well. I will link the two on the bottom of this post. You should definitely check it out because its so cool! I have first hand gotten all this gossip from Lyle and sometimes Nook will pitch in and they talk like little co-workers and it really makes the world feel alive. I just thought I would share as I could not really find many posts about this ANYWHERE on the internet as most players didnt even know Lyle could do this. I have found every bit of gossip that is in the blog post so far but I do not know if there is anymore. I will definitely reply later if I find more! I will include screenshots as well because I have saved some. These are a few I have saved on my 3DS but not all of them! I still think its cool that this game that is almost a decade old in Japan and the USA still have cool secrets like this!!!

Did you know about this secret feature? Its pretty cool!

Blog Post: "ACNL Lyles Gossip" - Snowy Day Soup
Video: "New Horizon's Biggest Missing Feature" by ShroomieCrossing

My screenshots of a few conversations just so I can prove this is real xD I dont have all of my pictures saved as conversations and I only put the ones I found because this already took me an hour to dig through 3 SD cards with other 500+ photos each I have had every NPC that the blog post states as gossip so far so I will see if there is more!
1653406259955.png
1653406391324.png
1653406519496.png
1653406612087.png
1653406749287.png

Last edited:
That's really cool! I didn't know this existed. I guess I need to start talking to Lyle again. I talked to him quite a bit when I was going for the Happy Home Designer badge, but I never saw any of this fun dialogue. Once I got enough points for the badge, I never talked to him again.

I loved this feature! I would talk to him constantly just to see if he had something new to say. As much as I love the Able Sisters' story, it got a bit boring reading pretty much the same thing thru 5 games, so it's nice they included another gossip character so we can learn random facts about the rest of NPCs.

Wow, what an interesting feature. I never knew this was a thing. I found him very annoying and didn’t talk to him at all, lol. Thank you for sharing this!

Wow, what an interesting feature. I never knew this was a thing. I found him very annoying and didn’t talk to him at all, lol. Thank you for sharing this!
I love finding secrets in New Leaf and after so many years of playing I can find things that arent very well documented! New Leaf is just such a special game! I am happy you saw it! Yeah lol he is very annoying and will say bang like a hundred times but he looks a TON happier than City Folk and Wild World! I felt bad for him HAHAHA

I'm so glad I took a look around the old threads today, I never would have discovered this wonderful feature! Thank you from the bottom of my heart @Mr_Keroppi 😍😍😍
Aww your so welcome friendo! I always like finding insanely cool discoveries in New Leaf and will occasionally make posts about them now since the ACNL threads aren't as active :)

I knew this for a long time, and when I found out I made sure to talk to him every day so I didn’t miss anything. He hasn’t had it in a while though.

I just stumbled upon it a few months back. I never really did much business in Nook's Homes, so I didn't really talk with Lyle too much (or at all) back in the day.

Don't know how I missed this thread. I've never seen this feature before! Interesting! I will try to keep this in mind the next time I play New Leaf.

Back