• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Losing your game..?

leftTBT

Bells
I'm really sad right now and honestly want to just quit AC for a long (maybe forever, idk) time.
I feel so stupid for losing it.
On one hand I want to restart, on the other, I never want to think about my town again.
Did you restart immediately, or did you take a long hiatus and return when you were over losing your town? I honestly have no idea what to do.

Last edited:
It hasn't happened to me, luckily.. but man that sucks :( But I think if I lost mine, I'd buy a new cartridge and start over right away. Probably would be really sad ;_;

I lost my cartridge being dropped down my decking earlier this year, thought I lost it for good, but I managed to retrieve it, sorry to hear about your lost cartridge, it really sucks :(

I had one cartridge with a town I had spent quite a while on. I absolutely loved it, until it went missin for 6 months. After 6 months, I got a new cartridge (moonbear) and now it's doing well. But, funny, they found my first cartridge about a week after buying a new one. Yay.

Ugh, I'm so sorry. That's awful. I can't imagine and honestly wouldn't blame you for taking a game hiatus. I'd probably do that if I lost my main town. ;^;

My boyfriend lost his 3DS with several games together and it's truly awful. We noticed someone picked it up since my 3DS Friend List was saying he was online after it got lost. We tried to get in contact with the person but they disabled the online function and ignored our messages on Swapnote. It really soured the experience for a long time. :/

But seriously though, if you feel like you need a break from the game, then definitely do it. It takes time to process the loss. Either way, I hope you feel better. ;v;

I'm very sorry this happened to you.

I haven't had this happen, personally.

I can only guess what I would do in this situation.
Assuming I had the money, I'd go buy a new cartridge.
I might not necessarily start playing again right away, but I'd start playing again relatively soon after.

Knowing my luck though, I'd guy buy a new one and then find the original relatively soon thereafter.

I hope it gets returned to you, though I know it is unlikely :(

I'm sorry that happened to you D:

I had lost my AC cartridge awhile back and I had to wait to replace it. It felt weird not being able to play Animal Crossing so I took the time to go on a hiatus. I was really happy when I was able to get another copy and build up my town again. Now, I have another lovely town and I was able to work a little farther with this one.

I get the same way when I lose progress over something I've worked really hard on, such as an essay, drawing, game, or anything like that. Most of the time, I feel like giving up and get really depressed. I usually do, so instead I've been better about saving my work. I save multiple versions very often, especially on big projects like making games. Sadly, this kind of thing doesn't exactly work with physical things like a game cartridge. I can totally relate, though, and the best thing I'd say is give it some time and see how you feel in say, a couple of weeks. You'll know what you want to do then. For now, I'd recommend putting down ac and just doing other things in the meantime.

So sorry this happened! If I ever lost my Bunifrey town, I don't think I'd play anymore and I certainly wouldn't buy another cartridge to recreate it. I spent over a year getting all the villagers and landscaping.

Plus it was made as a memorial to my bunny, so yeah.

If it were one of my other towns, though, I'd probably mope for a bit, maybe have a good cry along with a hiatus, but I think I'd start over with a new town/cartridge after a bit.

Oh, I'm so sorry! It must suck losing a main town. :( I wouldn't blame you for taking a hiatus. It might make it easier to to start over when the time comes. If the venue you were at was a hotel or an indoor event, why not try calling the lobby or management? Tell them you lost something and wanted to see if it turned up.

Back