Pink Hybrid Tulip
Disco Ball Easter Egg
Tetris Grid
Chocolate Cake
Pumpkin Cupcake
Apple (Fruit)
Feedback
100% (144) +
Seems like a weird offer, but I would like two six-paragraph essays from two different members comparing Pok?mon Sun/Moon to Pok?mon Sword/Shield. I like reading reviews on each game, especially if they’re well-written.

As you see, I would like two six-paragraph essays from someone who played BOTH Pok?mon Sun/Moon (or at least Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon) and Pok?mon Sword/Shield, one of them coming from someone that likes Pok?mon Sun/Moon more, and one coming from someone that likes Pok?mon Sword/Shield more. They should be no less than 500 words, but no more than 1,000 words.

In your essay, you should have the following:

• The title “Why Pok?mon __/__ is better than Pok?mon __/__”
  • An introductory paragraph that talks about what game you liked more. It should end with a thesis statement talking about the three main reasons why you liked your choice more.
  • A paragraph about the first reason.
  • A paragraph about the second reason.
  • A paragraph about the third reason.
  • A paragraph containing three counter-arguments that prove otherwise and your rebuttals towards these arguments.
  • A conclusion.
If you do promise to write an essay, let me know by posting here so I can pay ahead of time. I wouldn’t pay any less than 100 TBT per essay, but I will pay before it’s being written.

Like I said, I will need essays from two different members so I can see their honest opinions. One for Pok?mon Sun/Moon and/or Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon, and one for Pok?mon Sword/Shield. I also hope you don’t mind if I post them to my blog, as long as I give you credit for the essays.

Signups:

• Pok?mon Sun/Moon (or Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon) - greenfrog100
  • Pok?mon Sword/Shield - toadsworthy

Last edited:
This sounds like the mindless extra activity I can get behind! Sign me up for in favor of Pok?mon sword/shield... I did play both generations

- - - Post Merge - - -

I will write it tomorrow either at work or afterwards but it will be tomorrow

This sounds like the mindless extra activity I can get behind! Sign me up for in favor of Pok?mon sword/shield... I did play both generations

- - - Post Merge - - -

I will write it tomorrow either at work or afterwards but it will be tomorrow

How much TBT would you like? I’m willing to pay between 100 to 300 TBT.

I'll write in favor of Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon. I don't necessarily like those games above Sword/Shield, but I can think of a few good reasons why the 3DS games can be seen as better.

I'll write in favor of Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon. I don't necessarily like those games above Sword/Shield, but I can think of a few good reasons why the 3DS games can be seen as better.

I prefer if it was written by someone who likes Sun/Moon over Sword/Shield.

I would do this but I haven't played Shield yet so unfortunately I can't offer any input at this time :(

Wouldve loved to do this though! Itd be nice to write an essay that isn't being judged by a college prof lol

I prefer if it was written by someone who likes Sun/Moon over Sword/Shield.

Now, that I think about it more, the reasons I would be giving are all features that I wish could have been implemented into Sword and Shield but weren't. Honestly, the main reason I like Pokemon Shield so much Apples is because it is a television-supported console game. So yeah, I do like Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon a lot, and I can definitely personally see why it's a better game. I haven't thought about USUM great features a lot because I'm kind of straying away from portable games.

I think I can write an honest opinion in favour of the portable, but I understand if you want to give it to someone more devoted to both even nowadays. :)

Last edited:
Now, that I think about it more, the reasons I would be giving are all features that I wish could have been implemented into Sword and Shield but weren't. Honestly, the main reason I like Pokemon Shield so much Apples is because it is a television-supported console game. So yeah, I do like Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon a lot, and I can definitely personally see why it's a better game. I haven't thought about USUM great features a lot because I'm kind of straying away from portable games.

I think I can write an honest opinion in favour of the portable, but I understand if you want to give it to someone more devoted to both even nowadays. :)

I’ll sign you up for Sun/Moon if you want. How much TBT would you like if you choose to write for Sun/Moon? I’m more for portable because I’m more of a travel kind of person.

I’ll sign you up for Sun/Moon if you want. How much TBT would you like if you choose to write for Sun/Moon? I’m more for portable because I’m more of a travel kind of person.

I'm more for console/tv because I spend a lot of time at home and I find myself sitting down a lot when I'm playing a portable device, which is the opposite of what I want, so it's not really the games (SuMo) I don't like, but rather because what they are played on is strictly portable (I just didn't take enough time at first to think about it this way).

Anyway, thnx for reconsidering, I'll just take 300 tbt if that's fine. :) I'm really sorry I confused you at first Alolan_Apples.

Oh and I'll probably get back into SuMo for a friend and the fact that Pokemon Home is coming out next month. Right now, I'm working on my pokedex for Shield and then I'll make competitive teams for that game for the ranked battles and new official competition. :)

"Why Pokemon Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon is better than Pokemon Sword/Shield"

There is a world where 10-year-olds are let out of their homes and into the world unsupervised. Then, in this world, the kids catch extremely dangerous creatures and use them to fight against other dangerous creatures. In this world called Pok?mon comes a game that rises above the rest. The three reasons why Pokemon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon are better than Pokemon Sword and Shield are because shiny Pokemon are a dime a dozen, O-Powers are great, and Battle Points (BP) are easy to accumulate at any skill level.

First of all, Pokemon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon are better than Pokemon Sword and Shield because shiny Pokemon are a dime a dozen. While the only best method to obtain shiny Pokemon in Pokemon Sword and Shield, which is Masuda breeding, does give fair odds, it still does not compare to the odds that Pokemon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon provide via the Ultra wormhole. All a player has to do to get insane shiny odds of a whopping 36%, is travel at least 5000 light-years before entering a specific wormhole.

Secondly, Pokemon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon are better than Pokemon Sword and Shield because O-Powers are great. O-Powers are helpful because they speed up the process for a limited time for doing common in-game activities like hatching eggs, finding wild pokemon from inside grass or caves, and leveling up pokemon via in-game battles. O-Powers can even take the place of a repel by stopping the player from encountering wild pokemon for a limited amount of time. In Pokemon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon, O-Powers have gotten even better by becoming tangible items you can obtain regularly from rotomdex. This allows a player to store up the powers they want to use for a later time.

Finally, Pokemon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon are better than Pokemon Sword and Shield because BP are easy to accumulate at any skill level. The only way to obtain Battle Points in Pokemon Sword and Shield is through competitive battling either through online play/participation or via the Battle Tower and the occasional mystery gift. However, Pokemon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon allow for an alternative way to obtain consistent Battle Points that has nothing to do with battling at all through a method known as Mantine Surfing. To explain, Mantine Surfing is a fun minigame that unlocks as early in the game as the first island where a player is tasked with scoring points while surfing on a mantine. To score a good amount of points, a player will need to bring up their speed by avoiding different obstacles, mobile and immobile, and then jumping off of a wave to the side once they get their speed up enough to perform tricks through the various button and circle pad combinations while also landing properly. Lastly, when the minigame is concluded, the player is rewarded with BP depending on how many points they scored. In summation, Mantine Surfing is a fun minigame that does not require a player to train a team of competitively bred Pokemon.

Although all of the above reasons are convincing, there still are people who may not agree with them. For example, some opponents may say that the shinies obtained from the Ultra Wormholes are too common to be valuable. While this may be true, not every Pokemon player owns Pokemon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon or has the capability of transferring Pokemon from 3DS games to the Switch because they will not be getting Pokemon Home. What this means is those kinds of players will still see Ultra Wormhole shinies as valuable, and therefore it is not hard for anyone who does own Ultra Sun and/or Ultra Moon to acquire other valuable Pokemon through trading even if an extra step is needed to be taken. Another way people may rebut is by saying that the way Rotom gives out O-Powers in Pokemon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon is so random that it can not be deemed as particularly useful when a player is only looking for one specific benefit. They may further argue their case by saying that there are items in Pokemon that can achieve the same thing or close to, such as the Lucky Egg item and the Oval Charm already making the egg process a little easier, without having a random factor attached to it. While this may be sound logic, since O-Powers in Pokemon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon can be traded, a player can simply trade with another player for O-Powers that benefit each of them, which in turn eliminates some of the randomnesses. Furthermore, it is worth getting O-Powers when they can stack with the items that accomplish the same thing, like the Experience O-Power in combination with the lucky egg, or even when they further improve gameplay in combination with other items, like how the Oval Charm increases the chance of finding eggs and the egg hatching O-Power can further improve breeding by increasing the rate at which they hatch. Last, of all, some may argue that since you can simply rent a team for the Battle Tower in Pokemon Sword and Shield, you do not need to train a team of competitive pokemon. While this is an alternative that one can partake, I still see a few flaws with this objection. First, if one needs to borrow a team just to score BP, the process of grinding loses some of its glory because the player is not using their resources to grind for Battle Points. On the other hand, in Mantine Surf, the player has complete freedom in what tricks they pull off in whatever pattern they want to score the maximum amount of points. Second, since competitive battling requires a degree of skill and a fond understanding of one's team, it gets difficult to score high wins with a rental team. In contrast, Mantine Surfing does not require competitive thinking to get good at and never really gets to a level where it seems overwhelmingly difficult. It is not that hard to score an average of 5+ BP for each consecutive attempt at Mantine Surfing even with running into a few obstacles on an attempt.

In a world where adults make unwise decisions and Pokemon are all the rage, Pokemon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon stand strong in their respective series. Throughout the essay, I have proven that because shiny Pokemon are a dime a dozen, O-Powers are great, and Battle Points (BP) are easy to accumulate at any skill level, Pokemon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon are better than Pokemon Sword and Shield. In summation, Pokemon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon truly do stand above their competition and I would suggest either Ultra Sun or Ultra Moon as a new player's game of choice if they want something recent.

Beat that toadsworthy! :mad:

Last edited:
Hello! I did it this morning, quite a good argument i may say.

Why Pokemon Sword/Shield is better than Pokemon Sun/Moon

While the Pokemon franchise has been around for more than 20 years, it can be hard to rejuvenate the franchise as it enters these later generations. Each year a new mechanic, new pokemon, new storyline, new everything is brought in and so it was inevitable that some compartmentalizing and organization would be necessary. However I believe Pokemon Sword and Shield flawlessly presented the best of history of pokemon. I think Pokemon Sword/Shield is a celebration of the life of pokemon as it crosses into a new era of higher definition and giving players a more in depth experience and feeling of being included in the world of pokemon. On top of this it still brought in new mechanics that added much to the game. Pokemon Sword and Shield is better than Pokemon Sun/Moon because it celebrates all that has been good within the pokemon generations at a time when it could have overextended itself or disbanded its past, has elevated the personal experience one gets while playing a pokemon game which is something any player has asked for since generation 1, and yet still brought new and exciting mechanics better than most of the other generations, including generation 7, ever brought.

Pokemon sword/shield is a pure celebration of how dense and rich the pokemon franchise has become and is a chance to highlight so many things rather that trudge forward with some of the past boring ideas. As a growing franchise introducing several new monsters, mechanics, people, etc it was inevitable that a game would come that is not able to encompass all of these great pasts. Generation 8 was leading to be the turning point for this, where more strict regualtions on what stays and what goes would have to be made. This is never a fun thought to have, but I think Pokemon Sword and Shield did this flawlessly and to the benefit of pokemon lovers alike. It also simplified and combined elements to at bring the feel of things into the new era. For example, dynamax/gigantamax combines Z-moves and mega evolution to produce a totally new experience, but still feels like both mechanics are included. I feel like this inevitable shift in pokemon was bound to happen, and I applaud how Pokemon Sword/Shield took this challenge and turned it into a great thing for players.

Ever since generation 1 where the pixels and graphics were smaller and harder to decipher, every player dreamed of being able to live their own journey with their pokemon. Throughout the years, this emotional connection to the experience has grown as the technology grew. However, Pokemon sword/shield is the closest to a live experience and that dream that the franchise has ever gotten. I believe the Nintendo Switch is a perfect platform for pokemon. While a new handheld system could’ve been made instead, I think being able to play pokemon on a home console is refreshing. Pokemon camp is a great way to see another side of your pokemon as they meander around and play with you. Being able to see the wild pokemon walking around in the grass or stare at an intimidating onix out in the open really gets closer to that live experience we all have craved. There is also nothing more proud than having your favorite pokemon be able to grow to mammoth sizes in order to help bring your team to victory through dynamxing. I truly think the experience with Pokemon Sword and Shield is more personal than any other pokemon game and fulfills that dream all pokemon trainers have had since generation 1.

Pokemon Sword and Shield, even though it’s the 8th generation, still produces exciting new mechanics that rival all other generations. Introducing a wild area for players to freely roam through was exhilarating and really added to the experience of pokemon as stated above. It produced its own new set of challenges with adding weather, but also eased some of the strife of pokemon hunting in the past by allowing you to see spawns in the real time, but also giving the option too hunt just like in the past. Dynamaxing/ gigantamaxing was a way to include z-moves and mega evolution in a really cool and exciting way as also stated above. Related to this, the wild dens brought a new way to cooperate with other users in order to obtain pokemon with better stats, hidden abilities, and even pokemon exclusive to other games. I feel like the pokemon franchise finally listened in terms of how to cut back on the frivolous activities of past pokemon games, but then highlighted these solutions in a new and exciting way.

I know the first thing people will say in reading this is that, Pokemon Sun/Moon also did these things that I highlighted for Pokemon Sword/Shield. However I actually do not believe Pokemon Sun/Moon revolutionizes the franchise as much as people give it credit. The main difference in Pokemon Sun/Moon is the renaming of gyms to trials, but I still think the same idea is there. The gym-style format was never a problem to begin with too. At its core, Pokemon Sun/Moon was just a rinse and repeat of all the other generations and stories of the other pokemon games. It also brought in ultra moves as a new mechanic yes, but it just seemed like a budget version of mega evolutions. The idea of managing both aspects too seemed more like a chore when making a team. Mega evolution restricted you to only use those pokemon with mega evolutions and finding their stones was a chore, while dynamaxing gives every pokemon a fair chance to shine on a trainer’s team and is easier to manage or tweak. Pokemon Sword/ Shield not only solves the problems and lack of creativity brought by Generation 7, but also solves it in an even more interesting and exciting way.

In conclusion, while Pokemon Sun/Moon did have some highlights to it and in no way the worst of the franchise, I still believe it gets way more credit for being “revolutionizing.” Pokemon Sword/Shield actually revolutionized many mechanics of battling, catching, and training that not only solves the problems of past pokemon games and activities that used to be tedious, but does so in an interesting way that gives hope of the franchise sticking around for another 8 generations.

Oh! Is this still open?

I would love to do this if it still is, please! Maybe I can exercise my essay writing skills haha I'm a bit rusty and haven't written an essay in a long time (also not to mention school essays are hell). But man! This is about Pokemon! My favorite thing ever! I'd say I'm gonna have so much fun with this, honestly~

Oh! Is this still open?

I would love to do this if it still is, please! Maybe I can exercise my essay writing skills haha I'm a bit rusty and haven't written an essay in a long time (also not to mention school essays are hell). But man! This is about Pokemon! My favorite thing ever! I'd say I'm gonna have so much fun with this, honestly~

It’s closed now. You can still write your essay if you like. I’m just not going to put it on my blog. And I’m not going to pay for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back