• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Longest Island Hopping Streak?

Snowifer

Fish
Bells
Black Hybrid Rose
Black Hybrid Rose
Golden Watering Can
Black Hybrid Rose
Black Hybrid Rose
Black Hybrid Rose
Black Hybrid Rose
Black Hybrid Rose
Red Rose
Red Rose
I've heard some bad numbers before, so what was the most tickets you've ever spent island hopping?

I don't remember any of mine taking terribly long, so do you have any memories?

About 930. I was hunting for Frett, who never showed up at the Nook Mile Islands.

The last villager before I gave up and straight up adopted him from someone on the forums was Pate.

All those wasted TBT, they could've been saved for something else better than Nook Mile Tickets... 😭

I don’t really like going on long island hunts . Thankfully I have found so many great villagers with less then 20. I have seen people use a few hundred. My longest was when I was trying to find Chabwick. I used 100 nook mile tickets and didn’t find him. I did find Dom on ticket 100 so I asked him to my island. I did eventually get Chabwick on my island as I was able to get his Amiibo card.

Omg these are some long streaks!

930. I was hunting for Frett, who never showed up at the Nook Mile Islands.

930?! I think I'd cry, especially if they never showed up!

I think the longest streak I've done was maybe 10? I get a lot of gorilla and kangaroo villagers on the islands. Ugh. So I usually just go until it's not one of those. It's frustrating though, because sometimes they repeat! But I've never gone more than 10. I don't have the patience. And I don't trust the rng to give me anything other than repeat gorillas and kangaroos...

I spent 105 NMTs finding Megan! I had heard of much worse cases, so I was pretty happy with finding her in 105 trips, and still had some stacks of NMTs left!

I kind of have the urge to go island-hopping at the moment, and I did look at my island earlier today to see if anyone wanted to move out, but it was Rhonda, which is a hard no at this point (she was one of my first five villagers)!

Im currently on my longest villager hunt, im about 360 tickets in, i have been keeping my game in limbo for almost a month lol.
I got cards for the rest of the villagers i want so really im just dedicated to getting this villager myself, last villager hunt make it count kind of thing, we’ll see how long it takes now 😔

Before this hunt my last longest was 252! I was hunting for a few different villagers, and got kidd :> which is good, cuz i didn’t end up getting his card either lol

I think my longest streak was 300something trying to find Judy, but then I went to sleep and woke up to someone taking the empty plot. the betrayal. the agony. but also the relief of not having to spend another day island hopping

I didn't count how many Nook Miles Tickets it ended up being, but I spent at least like two weeks following the launch of the game where I was trying to find Tucker to be my island's Lazy resident. By that point I had already found and selected Annalisa and Bella as my Normal and Peppy, so it was limited to just Lazy villagers and still took that long. So many repeats, especially of Sherb and Zucker. It was ridiculous.

Unfortunately, I wasn't aware that the initial Lazy, Normal and Peppy you get are also assigned personality-dependent home interiors like the starting Jock and Sisterly you land on the island with. Had I known that, I would've just gone with whoever and then scanned those three in later. Alas.

Following that annoyance, and because it's just way more convenient, I went on to acquire the necessary amiibo and scanned in all the other residents thereafter. I'll take three days hanging out at the campsite and whipping up some furniture to convince them to move in as opposed to just dealing with random chance.

Back