• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

List of bugs that only show up in your town!

Moonfish

🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾
Bells
Shadow Kitty Plush
Dreamy Bear Plush
Bee Plush
Clownfish Plush
Dino Plush
Sheep Plush
Dreamy Party Popper
Moon Ball
Pokéball
Love Ball
Does anyone have a list? I know that scorpions, tarantulas and walking leafs are among those that don't show up when you visit other towns. Are there any more?

The reason I ask is that my most recent town is a fall town, meaning I'll play October 1st to halfway through December, then travel back to October. I'd still like to complete my collections though, so I need to know my targets for time traveling. :)

Does anyone have a list? I know that scorpions, tarantulas and walking leafs are among those that don't show up when you visit other towns. Are there any more?

The reason I ask is that my most recent town is a fall town, meaning I'll play October 1st to halfway through December, then travel back to October. I'd still like to complete my collections though, so I need to know my targets for time traveling. :)

Thonky knows.

I was hoping for a more comprehensive list. I really only need to know which critters only show up in your own town. I have multiple cartridges, so I can change the dates on a town I don't play to be able to fish and bug hunt without time traveling with the town I'm playing. Some bugs won't show up during multiplayer though, like tarantulas so I'm required to TT in my main town to catch it (and a scorpion and walking leaf)

Does anyone know of any other bug that can't be caught during multiplayer? I'm not totally against TTing, obvs but I'd like to keep it to a minimum if I can. :)

well thonky also has a part on the site where it lists the current day's insects, etc. if that's what you're looking for? http://www.thonky.com/animal-crossing-new-leaf/today otherwise i'm not sure how much more specific you can get, lol

there's also an app available on ios that i know of where you can check and keep track of what's available during certain months/days as well!

I think OP is asking for bugs/fish that disappear whenever you go to visit another player's town, even if it is the season they show up in.

I think bees (the ones you shake from trees) are another one, but I'm not 100% sure

I think OP is asking for bugs/fish that disappear whenever you go to visit another player's town, even if it is the season they show up in.

I think bees (the ones you shake from trees) are another one, but I'm not 100% sure

This is exactly what I'm asking, thank you. :blush:

oh all right, i misunderstood, my bad! liquefy's acnl faq on gamefaqs has that for you!

according to it, bees, bagworms, fleas, spiders, ants, dung beetles, mosquitoes, tarantulas, walking leafs, hermit crabs, flies, and scorpions will not appear during multiplayer, or when you visit other towns :)

Last edited:
oh all right, i misunderstood, my bad! liquefy's acnl faq on gamefaqs has that for you!

according to it, bees, bagworms, fleas, spiders, ants, dung beetles, mosquitoes, tarantulas, walking leafs, hermit crabs, flies, and scorpions will not appear during multiplayer, or when you visit other towns :)

Ahh thats why i cant catch a hermit crab! My main village i keep current and my 2nd i TT. Ive been trying for hours to catch the hermit crab in my 2nd town!

- - - Post Merge - - -

Are there actually other fish that cant be caught in multiplayer?

Hi the hermit crab is exclusive to Tortimer's Island. You don't need to go to Club Tortimer or anything, just go to the one where you don't need an internet connection to get it. They don't spawn in New Leaf towns, according to Nookipedia.

Back