• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

LGBTQA - Discussion and support.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Keep it serious guys. Take your silliness somewhere else. This is a support thread.

Q can also stand for queer as well as questioning, but that can be offensive to some people. As far as I can tell it's a generation/location preference, as tbh I never knew anyone offended by it before this thread. And it was someone 10 years my junior who told me that there was a big thing about it.

So, I just recently found out that someone very close to me knows that I'm gay, and has known for years now, but has continued to say nasty things about gay people in front of me regardless of knowing that. Anyone ever been in a similar situation?

i have personally never liked the word queer but that's personal preference i guess. to me it has always been a slur and i wouldn't call myself that. i know many people who do like that word though, and i respect their identity as queer. i would personally not identify as queer though.

that's why i usually add a + (and write hbtq+) instead of just leaving it at q because to me + is more inclusive than queer but yeah :<

also i've never heard that q stands for questioning before but yah

So, I just recently found out that someone very close to me knows that I'm gay, and has known for years now, but has continued to say nasty things about gay people in front of me regardless of knowing that. Anyone ever been in a similar situation?

Wow that sucks D:
I'm sorry someone did that to you.
Personally, I never was in a situation like that. My mother would totally do that though if she knew I was attracted to girls.
Coming to think of it, she likes to "accuse" me of being gay and then proceeds to insult lesbians...
Okay, maybe that counts as a similar situation ^^"

Wow that sucks D:
I'm sorry someone did that to you.
Personally, I never was in a situation like that. My mother would totally do that though if she knew I was attracted to girls.
Coming to think of it, she likes to "accuse" me of being gay and then proceeds to insult lesbians...
Okay, maybe that counts as a similar situation ^^"

I didn't wanna say it, but that "someone very close to me" just happens to be a close relative of mine. I'm sorry your mother would be that harsh.

So is aromatic the same as demisexual? Not falling in love with every single person you meet?

i have personally never liked the word queer but that's personal preference i guess. to me it has always been a slur and i wouldn't call myself that. i know many people who do like that word though, and i respect their identity as queer. i would personally not identify as queer though.

that's why i usually add a + (and write hbtq+) instead of just leaving it at q because to me + is more inclusive than queer but yeah :<

also i've never heard that q stands for questioning before but yah

whats an h

So is aromatic the same as demisexual? Not falling in love with every single person you meet?

Naw

Romantic and Sexual attraction are two separate things

Someone you're romantically attracted to is someone you'd date.

Someone you're sexually attracted to is someone you'd bang.

I know. I'm saying is it the same conception though.

Nah, to be aromantic means that you don't fall in love with anyone. It's like being asexual just with romantic relationships and romantic attraction instead of sexual attraction.

Yes, as Hai said, aromantic means you are basically incapable of feeling romantic attraction, just like asexuals are incapable of feeling sexual attraction.

because homosexual used to be a medical term and many gay people are uncomfortable with it

oh i never knew that :I in sweden it's always written as hbtq and since it works in english too i thought it wasnt a big deal. guess i get it then ^^

http://gookgirl.tumblr.com/post/141608284523/nus-tells-lgbt-societies-to-abolish-gay-mens-reps

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HOLY **** ****ING TUMBLR DISCOURSE oh my ****ing GOD how stupid is the NUS

gay men are all white cis guys apparently

- - - Post Merge - - -

because homosexual used to be a medical term and many gay people are uncomfortable with it

Well I can see why people would think all gay men are cis white guys since they're the ones the media seems to pay the most attention to.

Isn't gook a slur?

oh i never knew that :I in sweden it's always written as hbtq and since it works in english too i thought it wasnt a big deal. guess i get it then ^^

Yeah, homosexuality was a mental illness in USA up until 1973 and the WHO in the 1990s.

Well I can see why people would think all gay men are cis white guys since they're the ones the media seems to pay the most attention to.

Isn't gook a slur?

yeah but their logic doesnt make sense, if theres too many white cis gay guys, fine. then add a black gay guy. add a trans one. its just homophobia, and its ironic theyre crying about how white cis gays have too much representation when almost all of the board members are white themselves lmao
thats my blog, im vietnamese, so im mostly just describing myself

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back