Bells
Winter Mittens
Ice Cream Swirl (TBT Beach Party)
Popsicle (TBT Beach Party)
June Birthstone (Pearl)
Togepi Easter Egg
Cake
Pokéball
I don't typically like to talk about this, since I've been laughed at before as a child when I would hide under my desk. But hey! I've grown up, and you can't stay afraid forever. Since people are talking about phobia's, I thought I'd be selfish and yammer on about mine.

Astraphobia is a fear of lightning and thunder. I don't know exactly what caused it, but ever since I was around 5 or 6 I was slowly developing a fear of such events. Sometimes I'd have massive panic attacks, hide behind furniture, or in cupboard and press my hands against my ears until the sides of my face were beet red. More than a few times, have my parents found me asleep in a cupboard. It was embarassing, but I felt like I couldn't control it. I was treated for this, but the treatment didn't show any marked success. It ended up fading with age; which isn't to say that I'm no longer afraid, but most of the time I just maybe seize up a bit, or get a bit shaky. I'd say that's a huge step up from crying and hiding.

So there you go. It's a bit silly, I know, but there aren't a lot of non-professional settings I feel I can talk about it.

Last edited:
I used to be extremely afraid of thunderstorms throughout middle school. I got over it.

Oh that sounds horrible. My younger brother gets scared when there's lightning and thunder (especially when there's blackouts) but he just tries to stay around other people. So if there's a black out he'll often follow people around and what not.

I have a fear of heights and like yourself have no clue what caused it. One of my earliest memories is waiting at the bottom of a Ferris wheel while my parents and siblings rode it. I was once forced to climb several stairs for a ride at a water park and broke down in tears then ended up walking down the stairs to the bottom by myself. My brothers used to make fun of me for my fear and would often ask my parents why they bring me along to theme parks etc because I rarely go on any rides. I honestly wish I didn't have this fear but I doubt I'll ever break out of it.

You should definitely be proud of yourself for dealing with those situations a lot better now! I simply straight up refuse to do anything that involves heights. Sometimes my parents do try and force me to do certain things but I think that's because they don't want me to miss out on too many great opportunities.

If it makes you feel better i'm terrified of the dark ヽ(;▽;)ノ
Its okay if There's someone right next to me, but it theres not. . .
One time when I was over at a friends house we had all went to bed after dark. I and all of my other friends had already fallen asleep. Then I had a really bad dream and woke up in pure darkness. I forgot where I was in my panic and began screaming like a lunatic, waking up everyone in the house XD
Not to mention I'm scared of a ton of other things like people coming up and poking me (i've gotten in trouble before for screaming too loud). I think everyone has a phobia. But if you think about it, it just makes them more interesting, don't you think? Phobias may suck, but everyone has them. And everyone has their own unique way of dealing with them ( ^ω^ )

I am not exactly afraid but I don't like. When I was a kid I witness before lightning strike into my grandma's house kitchen(no anti lightning cable back then) and I am just probably half or one meter away. Might sound like a joke to you but I really saw it with my own eyes the blue straight line but leave no scar on the ceramic. That why until today when I heard the super loud thunder and lightning striking I don't like to have my room window open. And even afraid to go to toilet if the small window is slightly open. And I am someone who totally dislike rain and loud sound lol~I rather have hot weather and sweating than hearing annoying loud rain drop and thunder storm.

The dark makes me a bit uneasy. Which is funny because I'm a horror movie buff, but I digress. Whenever I wake up in the middle of the night I always turn on my TV first or make a mad dash to the light switch. Hate going through dark hallways.

If it makes you feel better i'm terrified of the dark ヽ(;▽;)ノ

If compare to thunder and lightning I am more phobia to pure darkness xD I can't see anything and I wont even dare to move a step forward or back. Even just a little light as long as I can still see things around me it feel much better than just dark and dark until I can see my own finger! And I won't even be able to sleep that way, even closing my eyes still will be dark but I rather not to have my eyes open and pitch black! cant imagine if I am blind one day >< I would rather die!

Last edited:
I hate loud thunder and loud noises in general, but I'm not necessarily terrified by it. It's exciting, if anything.

In elementary school, my friend Brianna had like a really bad fear of thunderstorms. One happened during school and she started crying and ran to the back table where a teacher tried to comfort her. She was shaking.

I'm not sure if it was a full-blown phobia or not (I have a terrible phobia to spiders and insects, so everything else seems minor in comparison), but I definitely had problems dealing with thunder and lightning up until I was maybe 16 or 17. I've definitely felt the need to hide (usually under blanket with lots of stuffed animals) and cover my ears. One time I froze and just started yelling for my mom to help.

I'm sorry that people have acted so rudely towards you for your fear. Phobias are definitely not something to be laughed at, and talking about it isn't silly at all. It's good that you can deal with it better now! That's something to be proud of (wish I could say the same for my arachno/entomophobia, haha).

For some reason, one day something clicked in my mind, and I started to love the rain, storms, and lightning and thunder. It literally happened within a span of a few days. Now, the only thing that bothers me is when thunder strikes suddenly, and that's just more because I can't handle sudden loud noises. I love the sound of those long, "rolling" thunder waves that start off quiet and build up.

Last edited:
Ooga booga ooga.

At most, it might be a little startling if it catches me off-guard, but that's about it.

I used to be scared by really loud, constant noises. Once during an IMAX movie, I got a massive headache and had to leave the theater.

I'm personally not afraid of it but my dog is. He hides at the top of the stairs and shakes.

We got him a Thundershirt. It works for him, he calms down.

For some reason I was never afraid of thunder or lightning, I enjoy them even. I grew up with crazy storms so that's probably why. I rarely experience 'em here now though but I always get excited when there's thunder or lightning..

Anyway I'm sorry you felt that way, I hope you're getting better.

I have 4 phobias ( I think ) and with all of them I have panic attacks, i hyperventilate and I cry a lot. Noise is one of them so I really hate thunder but I love rain and lightning so I feel very mixed when a thunderstorm rolls around. The worst noise of all is F-16 fighter jets, even seeing one grounded makes me have a panic attack because I know what they can do. Surprisingly I love the sound motorbikes ( old and new ) make but I guess that's because I go to the TT on the IOM where my dads family is from. Sorry for going a bit if topic but I agree with you on the thunder front. I really think someone should make a thread on phobias in general.

Last edited:
I like thunder, It's pretty relaxing (If It's not loud as ****.). As for lightning, I don't mind it; as long as It's not blinding my eyes.

Back