Leaving items for dreamers?

Imaginetheday

Bells
I have one spot on my island you can’t access without a ladder, so I’m going to leave one for dreamers. Should I also leave things like net, fishing pole, etc.? I thought I’d also leave some of the fireworks stuff.

yeah. That's what I do. I always leave some tools out for people who visit via the Dream Suite, so that way they can have more fun on my island while they are visiting.
Post automatically merged:

yeah. That's what I do. I always leave some tools out for people who visit via the Dream Suite, so that way they can have more fun on my island while they are visiting.

Also forgot to note you should leave a wand out if you want to allow people to wear their wand outfits while visiting your island via Dreaming

I considered leaving a ladder because its quicker than running to the inclines on my island, but if I do leave anything for them it will probably be a balloon and maybe a wand.

My SH island requires both the vaulting pole and the ladder (I’m making most of it “underdeveloped“ on purpose) so I have to leave both of them out.

I have an inaccessible secret/Redd's beach because I built my neighborhood before he was a part of the game. My friends suggested leaving a ladder there so people can access it so I'll probably drop one behind someone's house so everyone has full access! I'm probably not going to leave anymore tools around than I already do, though!

A wand and the handhelds items like balloons and fans.

They can chop trees and dig in dream worlds but the tools do break eventually. (would be a good obstacle course idea if anyone had the time and dedication to make this happen)
Does the wand actually work in the Dream Address? I don't have anything selected for it, but I found one in a dream once and decided to see if it would work. But because I don't have any clothes set, I wasn't able to tell.

Does the wand actually work in the Dream Address? I don't have anything selected for it, but I found one in a dream once and decided to see if it would work. But because I don't have any clothes set, I wasn't able to tell.

Yep it works. People have been leaving it out so dreamers can access their outfits since you can't enter the dream with a wand outfit on.

For now I leave a wand and a ladder. Every important part of my island is accessible without a ladder but I do have one area that requires some cliff jumping to get there. If that's not obvious enough they can use the ladder. Next week I'll be sure to pick up a bunch of summer fireworks items so they can play with those as well!

Leaving out one of each tool (or items in general) sounds like a good idea. Maybe have them set up at specific areas where people would be sure to use them (ie. ladder at a rock climbing section, shovel at a digging site, etc.); it could work pretty well for an obstacle course too.

I'm planning on leaving a outfit for dreamers, but don't know what would fit the undertale theme.
You could try using an energetic sweater (the light blue version has similar colors to Frisk's outfit) with some shorts and boots to match, though the other items of the outfit would heavily depend on what fan rendition you like the most. Some people draw them with long jeans or black leggings, to name a few.

A Sans outfit would also be pretty easy to put together:
  • Headgear: Skeleton hood
  • Top: Parka undercoat (navy blue) or Quilted jacket (blue) - You could also opt to make a pattern instead.
  • Bottom: Athletic shorts (black)
  • Shoes: Slippers (pink)
  • Socks: Everyday tights (white)

Leaving out one of each tool (or items in general) sounds like a good idea. Maybe have them set up at specific areas where people would be sure to use them (ie. ladder at a rock climbing section, shovel at a digging site, etc.); it could work pretty well for an obstacle course too.

You could try using an energetic sweater (the light blue version has similar colors to Frisk's outfit) with some shorts and boots to match, though the other items of the outfit would heavily depend on what fan rendition you like the most. Some people draw them with long jeans or black leggings, to name a few.

A Sans outfit would also be pretty easy to put together:
  • Headgear: Skeleton hood
  • Top: Parka undercoat (navy blue) or Quilted jacket (blue) - You could also opt to make a pattern instead.
  • Bottom: Athletic shorts (black)
  • Shoes: Slippers (pink)
  • Socks: Everyday tights (white)
I'll keep it in mind, Pudge acts as Sans so I probably won't use(And I have plans to add Frisk in the future but I could use do that for now)

Yep it works. People have been leaving it out so dreamers can access their outfits since you can't enter the dream with a wand outfit on.

For now I leave a wand and a ladder. Every important part of my island is accessible without a ladder but I do have one area that requires some cliff jumping to get there. If that's not obvious enough they can use the ladder. Next week I'll be sure to pick up a bunch of summer fireworks items so they can play with those as well!
Whenever I decide to upload my Dream Address, I'll go ahead and do the same. I've been to some islands where I'd have to go completely around just to get someplace. I think I'd leave a ladder, vaulting pole, wetsuit, and wand for those who want to use their outfits in the dream.

I have one spot on my island you can’t access without a ladder, so I’m going to leave one for dreamers. Should I also leave things like net, fishing pole, etc.? I thought I’d also leave some of the fireworks stuff.
Until Nintendo decides to give us back the dream gyroid that gave us tools, I’d do this (Or whenever they decide to make tools un-breakable, which ever comes first)

Personally, I'm going to leave all the tools. I have a little market set up where I have DIYs... but obviously those are of zero use to dreamers. So I'll be taking my DIYs out of it and replacing them with tools when I upload my DA.

I'm also gonna toss in some sparklers and bubbles and balloons and other cute little handheld toys for them to play with! Not only will it be added fun and cute, I think it'll also fit my outdoor market theme 😊

Until Nintendo decides to give us back the dream gyroid that gave us tools, I’d do this (Or whenever they decide to make tools un-breakable, which ever comes first)
I can't imagine Nintendo is gonna make tools unbreakable. MAYBE the golden tools, but making the other tools unbreakable would change gameplay completely and just wouldn't make sense. Would it be more convenient? Sure. But so would being able to choose from any island map. Or choosing our villagers from a master list. Or any number of things. But it'd also take out some of the challenge of the game.

I can't imagine Nintendo is gonna make tools unbreakable. MAYBE the golden tools, but making the other tools unbreakable would change gameplay completely and just wouldn't make sense. Would it be more convenient? Sure. But so would being able to choose from any island map. Or choosing our villagers from a master list. Or any number of things. But it'd also take out some of the challenge of the game.

Well, I’m not talking about complete control of where I want to go or who I get to pick I like the RNG of it, I just don’t want tools breaking when I’m in the middle of moving trees/flowers etc.

it’s odd that they don’t make the ladder and vaulting pole break as well if they are tools that you make and are the only unbreakable tools in the game, it’s just after 4 months, the novelty has worn off.

I wouldn’t mind having to work towards those unbreakable tools as a payoff on one of the nook mile achievements (the trashed tools one) where you learn how to do it in a class, just my two cents

Also forgot to note you should leave a wand out if you want to allow people to wear their wand outfits while visiting your island via Dreaming
I picked up a wand in a dream and was curious to see what would happen and I got my own outfits, is this a glitch?

Back