• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Least Favorite Household Chore?

I HATE bringing laundry baskets upstairs and folding clothes. My family has so much clothes, everytime i fold i want to fall asleep.

Cleaning the toilet 🤢

I have PTSD from my time cleaning toilets as my job where there was period stuff on walls, ceilings, all over the toilet, as well as a big mound of poop that missed the toilet and was on the seat plus old ladies coming in just to diarrhea all over the floor and stall... now it's my bf's job to clean the toilet at home cuz I never wanna do it again 😅

I hate mowing the lawn and cleaning the bathtub. Mowing the lawn takes like two hours and I'm not that good at it so I have to check whether it's even and cut and cleaning the bathtub is just very uncomfortable for me.

I actually really like cleaning for the most part, but one thing I hate doing is cleaning the hair out of my shower when it gets clogged. I usually have my dad do it for me because it just grosses me out too much. All the other basic chores I like, although I have a hard time doing them on a regular basis sometimes

I'm pretty squeamish, so pretty much any gross chore qualifies. I don't even like loading the dishwasher. I'm fine with other chores though, especially if I can listen to music while I'm doing them.

Cleaning the bathroom sucks the most for me! I'm pretty sensitive to smells and such so the chemicals (like toilet bleach and other cleaners) tend to be really harsh on my nose. Also since the high-up places are hard-to-reach, they accumulate a lot of dust which then flies everywhere when I try to clean it up.

i really hate doing laundry. specifically like folding stuff after it's done in the dryer, i'd rather do almost anything else. idk if it's just because i'm bad at folding or what (i am) but i hate it

Cleaning the bathroom (toilet, sink, tub, all) probably takes the spot for me. There's the obvious parts about it being considerably more gross, but the part that makes it bothersome for me is the amount of bending it requires. My back always aches by the end of it. Not helped by the fact that the bathroom seems to get visibly filthier much quicker than other rooms, so it's a constant process.

I don't mind doing the dishes too much as long as we keep up with them so there's not too many of them. It's usually over pretty quickly for me as a result, though it does irk me a little when I finish cleaning them only to find a mountain of dirty dishes lining the sink five minutes later.

I suppose I also hate dusting, since I always find myself taking shortcuts with that one. I'm not quite sure why, since it's not really difficult work.

Changing the bed sheets, my bedside table is next to my bed blocking one corner, I always end up putting it on wrong first, then take it off and put it on wrong again, and take it off then get it right, but that damn corner that's blocked never goes on right.

Back