• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

League of Legends

This game really that good to play cause I never really been a big fan of moba games before, but I am considering it giving it a try , but not sure which moba game will be good for me to play.

Cause I know there's tons of other moba games out there beside this one so can any one tell me if I should start playing this game since I never play a moba game before. And also how is the community for league of legends ?.

This game really that good to play cause I never really been a big fan of moba games before, but I am considering it giving it a try , but not sure which moba game will be good for me to play.

Cause I know there's tons of other moba games out there beside this one so can any one tell me if I should start playing this game since I never play a moba game before. And also how is the community for league of legends ?.

There's League, Dota and Heroes of the Storm.

Dota is a very competitive, fast paced, and thrilling game. It can give you mini heart attacks, a lot of times, it can make you ragequit really bad. It can also give you a lot more satisfying moments. That, and it's really good looking. Much more better graphics as compared to League and HotS. I absolutely love Dota, and it's pretty much one of those games I could play all day.

HotS isn't that competitive, fast paced as Dota or League is. I found it rather dull tbh. If you'd like you could give it a shot, though it's pretty much just like League, only a bit worse.

League is a lot more laid back, fun and relaxing MOBA compared to Dota, while still delivering the thrills of killing/getting killed or delivering blows. It has a very lovely community, too. Though I haven't really played much of League, so can't say.

Though Dota is really the real deal. Can't stop playing it; I found League super dull compared to it, though it'sprobably because I'm so used to the competitiveness of Dota 2.

Dota and League have very elitist and rude communities at times. Dota is far worse with the elitism. League is far worse with being rude.

Dota is a lot harder to get into mechanics-wise, since there are a lot more aspects to the game, but you start off with everything unlocked.

League is a lot easier to get into mechanics-wise, but it's incredibly difficult to unlock everything. Granted there are something around 150 champions so that's a given, but in game you earn currency called IP, and you earn roughly 100-150 on average for an average 30 minute match. The average champion costs 3150-4800 IP (though the prices range from 450-6300). This is supplemented by offering a weekly free rotation of 10 champions. (~2 from each meta-centric role)

I can't speak for SMITE or HotS though, sorry, though I've heard HotS is significantly worse than league when it comes to unlocking content.

Speaking of League, I'm not looking forward to playing ranked next season. I know S6's Victorious skin will be for Viktor (Viktorious), and that's something I can't ignore.

Last edited:
I don't know why I play this game anymore tbh.
I've been playing mostly ranked, not normals, and the amount of terrible attitudes in the majority of my games..like why do they even play if they're so defeatist and start tilting/raging as soon as people screw up once or twice??
It's getting ridiculous, I find myself having to mute AT LEAST one person per game, if not the whole team because they start being asses towards each other & it gets distracting. With people being muted, it doesn't help that you're the only person trying to actually play while seeing people just stand there and type, then die to the team for typing lol
I'm so close to gold yet these people are getting worse the closer I get. Is it like this in higher elo too?

It gets worse in Platinum. Once you hit gold I hear it settles down because everyone has their season rewards.

it gets better at high rating in dota, cuz at that point ppl have a good understanding of the game and the dunning krugers arent there

To be fair, when they complain about that stuff they're comparing it to stuff like Dota and SMITE.

Dota gives you everything for free, and SMITE has a 20 buck "get everything forever" pack.

A single champion in league can cost 10 dollars. That's why I don't spend my RP on champions, I spend it on skins. That way I'll never feed. That's how it works, right?

Also, I had a game yesterday, one of my first few times playing Azir. I have almost 0 idea how to play the champion properly but...

a23cc58078161fc856f9769c43f5b379.png

which was essentially a 40 minute experience of this for me.

Would have gotten the penta too if someone didn't steal it. :I

it gets better at high rating in dota, cuz at that point ppl have a good understanding of the game and the dunning krugers arent there

hey maybe i'll check out dota and uninstall this virus. <:
I've seen lots of people complaining about how expensive are the rp, and it seems they forgot that League of Legends it's free to play so I don't know why people expects low prices for the only things that are worth real money

and... http://worlds.lolesports.com/en_GB/worlds/articles/how-one-dad-puts-fan-fnatic

Really? Your son stops studying to play videogames and you're happy about it? WTF

he's making money doing something he's good at and loves doing soo....lol

Anyone wanna add me and play with me Friday night my time is pacific and Mostly only play fri night sometime evening thru sunday evening. My summoners name is xyourerrorx

After seeing this thread I couldn't resist downloading the game after a year of not playing and omg I suck.

played a game, was ez. ppl have no map awareness in this game, and just feed cuz they dont lose gold on death

If you're a noob, find an experienced member to mentor you or watch youtube videos. Learning on your own is so challenging these days

Back