• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

kpop

not even a short teaser of how ice cream would sound like yet......

i'm so curious where selena would sing on this song and where her lines would be. it's the first kpop comeback from a gg featuring a very popular western artist. this won't be a yyxy feat. grimes situation obviously would she just have a cute moment in the chorus like halsey? i hope not.

I've only really thought the choreography to be kind of interesting.
The music... not gonna lie is pretty repetitive and I personally don't like it.
I can't seem go 3 minutes online without someone gushing about it, or even in real life. I'm not mad that they like it, i'm just tired of having to hearing about it constantly.

Love it. As a Korean-American, it played a HUGE role in helping me maintain my Korean language skills. I'm currently listening to a lot of Oh My Girl. My favorite tracks are usually by 90s/00s groups.

I think it's fine. Not really my style but it's a good song.

it's a cute song. i love cute concept like don't get me wrong but there's something about it that i can't put my finger on. maybe it's mixed with that fact that it sounds different from usual blackpink (different concept too), and majority of it is basically english. the beat was repetitive so when the chorus hit i was like "is this the chorus?", very different from usual kpop structure. maybe that's their goal idk.

at least people can stop saying every bp song sounds the same.

it's a cute song. i love cute concept like don't get me wrong but there's something about it that i can't put my finger on. maybe it's mixed with that fact that it sounds different from usual blackpink (different concept too), and majority of it is basically english. the beat was repetitive so when the chorus hit i was like "is this the chorus?", very different from usual kpop structure. maybe that's their goal idk.

at least people can stop saying every bp song sounds the same.
big agree. I think it sounds like standard U.S. pop, maybe like an Ariana Grande song? (prob bc ari was involved in making the song lol)

i won't pretend to know a lot about kpop, but i really like TWICE.
ice cream sounds a lot like a britpop song to me personally, like jessie j or something. \

Haven't watched icecream yet but posting so others can enjoy (or not enjoy)
Post automatically merged:

Okay just watched it.

please just leave the cute concept to twice

I prefer blackpink's regular theme to whatever this is

I don't like the singers collabing

Last edited:
big agree. I think it sounds like standard U.S. pop, maybe like an Ariana Grande song? (prob bc ari was involved in making the song lol)
Haven't watched icecream yet but posting so others can enjoy (or not enjoy)
Post automatically merged:

Okay just watched it.

please just leave the cute concept to twice

I prefer blackpink's regular theme to whatever this is

I don't like the singers collabing

this is handled so poorly, because this could have been bigger as this is blackpink’s first comeback collab (where they’re the main artist, sour candy is just an album track and that had more positive reception). also i feel like it’s too early, could have saved it for later. or chosen a better song lol. hylt is still pretty new. when’s THE ALBUM coming out?

if ariana was gonna give them something, wish it was something like 7 rings. that’s more like bp vibe. instead of this standard cutesy summer bop.

I have recently discovered BTS ( I knew they existed but never listed to there music before) I was just listening to the popular top 20 songs in my country on youtube while doing things around the house and a BTS video came up in the list. So I started looking at there other stuff and I now play Black Swan and Fake Love on repeat. I like the choreograph as I was a dancer for 20 years :)

skz are having another comeback soon and i'm hyped, even tho i feel like they've already been everywhere (and need rest) being a stay is fun, skz rlly feed their fans with content

lowkey sad that felix's mullet was fake rip

I've been seeing so much of Shindong's (one of my ult biases out of all groups EVER, but he's from SuperJunior) TikToks lately, lol. I love him so much + his dancing ; w ;

He's so good at it! Guess that's why he's lead choreographer lolol~

Anyways, I loveeeeed Dynamite! Did anyone watch the MTV VMAs performance? I think they did AMAZING!

Now, watching the Ice Cream MV (I'm not a huge fan of BLACKPINK to begin with, but I'm having high-hopes for this ;w; ) will edit my reaction in later~

EDIT: Okay, I watched it. I really do prefer their other theme, whatever they were going for, like with BOOMBAYAH, but this is also super good, in my opinion. I found it incredibly cute and it make my teeth rot just by watching it, HAHA. It's okay! It's not that bad. I enjoyed it! :3

So what's the best K-pop to check out if you're not a fan of most K-pop? So much K-pop is like modern American pop, with rap and R&B influences. I'm just not really a fan.

This is why I generally still prefer J-pop. Some J-pop is drifting the way of rap/R&B influences, mainly because of the popularity of K-pop nowadays. But most is not that way.

I just know K-pop is so popular and I want to try to "get it", but so far I can't.

So what's the best K-pop to check out if you're not a fan of most K-pop? So much K-pop is like modern American pop, with rap and R&B influences. I'm just not really a fan.

This is why I generally still prefer J-pop. Some J-pop is drifting the way of rap/R&B influences, mainly because of the popularity of K-pop nowadays. But most is not that way.

I just know K-pop is so popular and I want to try to "get it", but so far I can't.

"So what's the best K-pop to check out if you're not a fan of most K-pop?" is kind of a tricky question to answer if you're not into R&B, because i find that most people who are not into k-pop think of k-pop as cutesy bright pop, so they get into k-pop because of the songs that sound dark or R&B influenced (aka more western) like red velvet's bad boy or psycho (personally both are some of the best kpop songs i've ever heard).

you might like this if you're into j-pop, both groups have 3 japanese members. they release j-pop singles too.

dreamcatcher's sound is definitely different from most k-pop groups too

boy groups mostly have rap / r&b sound so i won't even bother suggesting lol

Somi’s comeback was SO GOOD 💗💗 I keep listening to what you waiting for
she may only be 19 but she’s still a queen 😌

i'm still obsessed with what you waiting for
it got me listening to very very very on repeat again

me: only deep lyrics get to me

also me:
nal neomuneomuneomu
neomuneomuneomu neomuneomuneomu
neomuneomuneomu neomuneomuneomu

Back