• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Just want to get this off my chest. And also plot resetting mistake story.

Melyora

Yora of Lorelin
Bells
Red Cosmos
Lump of Coal
Winter Mittens
Tasty Cake
Orange Mote of Flame
August Birthstone (Peridot)
Classic Easter Egg
Cake
Blue Feather
Yeah, here I am -points towards self- Another one of those idiots who messed up plot resetting by accidentally loading up their Mayor... -goes hide in a corner-

So I had Bunnie as a camper and I decided to let her move into town! I was in need of a Peppy and when talking to her in the tent, she charmed me with her sound and face emotions.
I have Genji in my town, so I thought, yeah, they'll look good together, so I'll try to plot her relatively close to Genji.
So I TT'd two days ahead and started plot resetting.

She always plotted around the same area, where I have my 2nd characters house and my fruit garden. I swear, out of the 50 resets I did, she landed there >35 times. Only 2 times did go near Genji's house, while his house has a completely open space surrounding in. Like. Completely open. No PWPs, nothing...
The 2 times she went there, she went so close to the river (while there is plenty of space 5 paces back...) that if I put a path down, it would jagg over the river's edge, and I don't like that. So I moved on plot resetting.

This is how I messed up. Don't plot reset when you have IRL events happening that influence your emotional state.

I kept plot resetting, and then I got a text irl from my niece. Now, this niece has had a rough period lately (with her ex-boyfriend) and I have cancelled dinner with friends and spent my free time with her. A lot. And I don't mind it, she needed the support and I love my niece, so it was no trouble at all.
I seriously need to get this off my chest, because I cannot tell anyone else beside my boyfriend. I cannot tell my family because my niece doesn't want me to.
This boyfriend she has had an on-off-on-off relationship with for over 7 years. It was usually her who broke up with him because he is always very gallant in the beginning, but becomes like a lazy leech after a while. But she kept having feelings for him, so she kept returning.
But a few months ago, her boyfriend has hit her. Like really hit her. He had pushed her to the ground, sat on her and hit her. Like.. If I would tell my family (and we have a biiiig) family, I am quite sure her ex-boyfriend wouldn't have to show his face because he has a high possibility of getting hurt, for hurting one of us. That's the kind of family we are. Hell, even I would have liked to kick him in his manlihood and I am usually already break down if someone uses violent words, even if they're not directed to me.

But after this incident she broke up with him (even the boyfriend's own father said she couldn't continue like this).
I listened to my niece, talked with her and then spent the days doing lots of fun stuff for her to get it all behind her. I gave my opinion on the matter, but always told her it was her choice and she should decide what to do. I can give advise and opinions, but it's her feelings that counts, and not what I think of it. I made sure she knew that and that I would support her. I really felt like she started to feel better and get over him.

Until she made the same mistake that started her whole mess all over again (for like, the so maniest time in 7 years...)... She got back together, again. Nothing major happened, but she got sick of him and she concluded it. She didn't want none of it anymore, and finally she felt like her feelings for him were gone. End of story. And this time, I am more inclined to believe it.

I am really happy for her that she decided to leave it behind and go on with her own life. But because of it (and my own regular life and me moving to a new house) we haven't seen each other in a while. We missed talking to each other.
We planned a dinner at my house 4 weeks ago. I was looking forward to it, prepared all the dinner. On the day itself, she cancels it, saying she is not feeling well. I respect that ofcourse, I know how life can be for a woman on those kind of days.
So we decided to move it to last week. Again, on the day itself, she calls me and says she's feeling unwell because of the weather (it was extremely hot that day, for the Netherlands, so..) I understood, though I was thinking that she could cool off at my house. But we decided to reschedule again. She is going to Disneyland this Friday, so Thursday would best suit her. Perfect, suits me too!

The dinner is planned for today, Thursday, and yesterday evening, while plot resetting, she texted me that she has to get up very early on Friday morning to go to Disneyland, so going to dinner at my place would might not be such a good idea for her rest. So if we might postpone it to next week?
I... kinda freaked out. I didn't went mad, but I was really disappointed and sad. I had been looking so forward to having dinner with my niece and talk lots and lots and lots about how we've been doing. And then it gets postphoned again and again... She KNEW she would go to Disneyland and that she would have to get up early... Why even bother making an appointment with me then?

So yeah.. I went kinda mean... I actually texted her back to give her a sense of guilt... I do feel a little ashamed of it. I literally texted: "Eeeh sure, we can postpone. Then me and my boyfriend will try to eat the meat that we can't possible finish with the two of us...You can always come for just dinner (I talk well with my mouth full!) and then you can go home in time, but I can understand if you'd rather be home." That's literally what I said.

After sending the text I threw away my phone and grabbed my DS. And while talking about my disappointment to my boyfriend, I accidentally started up my Mayor. So now Bunnie has plotted on the edge of my fruit garden and ruined the hedge I made there... Sigh... this series of events made my overall depressed mood even more depressed. I just shut down the DS and threw that away too. Then my boyfriend started some funny movies to lighten my mood.

But the text worked. This morning I got a text that I convinced her and that she does miss me and that she is coming after all. And that she already started preparing her Disneytrip this morning, so she doesn't have to hurry tonight. So yay!

And I'll try to live with Bunnie's placement. I might even destroy my second characters house and move it elsewhere and make a new hedge to surround Bunnie.

But right now I am already happy that my niece is (finally) coming over and that'll we'll have a good time tonight!

Omg, that's a crazy story. I'm so sorry your niece had to be in that situation :( It's good you are so kind to her though.
And, plot resetting is the devil. I messed up and Fuchsia plotted somewhere awful. You live, you learn...

I'm glad everything is working out well with your niece. I hope you have a great dinner together.

Villagers placing their houses in the wrong spot can be annoying, but you have a great attitude. Just make it work and do a bit of redecorating. Good for you.

Back